Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2006   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default First time since 1999

If Big Ben wins this it will be the first time since 1999 that a QB taken in the first 12 picks has won a superbowl.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

okay.
Old 02-03-2006   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That stat is a little misleading, first of all it takes QBs a couple of years to develop and QBs taken in higher rounds generally go to bad teams and theres usually a reason why they are bad, bad drafting and bad coaching.

I know everybody likes to say this now, but two years ago I really thought Big Ben was the best Quarterback prospect. The league got caught up in the Manning "Mania" and since Ben played at a small program he got pushed to the side. All I heard about during that draft is how the Mannings have great Quarterbacking genes, I just kept saying, this isn't horse racing.

Since Ben dropped in the draft he went to a "Super Bowl" starter kit of a team, which is the reason why he has only lost 4 games in his career. He went to a team that only had one weakness and that was the QB spot which he filled perfectly. Pittsburg had a great running game, excellent receivers, and a solid Oline. On Defense they had solid corners, elite safeties and linebackers, and a solid D line anchored by one of the best 3-4 nose tackles in the league.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
That stat is a little misleading, first of all it takes QBs a couple of years to develop and QBs taken in higher rounds generally go to bad teams and theres usually a reason why they are bad, bad drafting and bad coaching.

I know everybody likes to say this now, but two years ago I really thought Big Ben was the best Quarterback prospect. The league got caught up in the Manning "Mania" and since Ben played at a small program he got pushed to the side. All I heard about during that draft is how the Mannings have great Quarterbacking genes, I just kept saying, this isn't horse racing.

Since Ben dropped in the draft he went to a "Super Bowl" starter kit of a team, which is the reason why he has only lost 4 games in his career. He went to a team that only had one weakness and that was the QB spot which he filled perfectly. Pittsburg had a great running game, excellent receivers, and a solid Oline. On Defense they had solid corners, elite safeties and linebackers, and a solid D line anchored by one of the best 3-4 nose tackles in the league.
Last year I jokingly told some of my buddies that I could start for Blitzberg and I could take the team to the playoffs. When they laughed I said, why not, how hard is it to hand the ball off about 50 times a game! The thing is Ben is a solid Qb on a team that was deceivingly bad the year they got him. Could I start for blitzberg now? Prolly not, Id backup!!!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt that Ben is a very good QB, which is why I had him rated at the top at his position. He has all the physical tools, Great size, big physical frame, great mobility for any size, especially his, and a fantastic arm. You put a QB like that on a SOLID veteran team with a great coach who leads a great defense and things are going to happen

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
If Big Ben wins this it will be the first time since 1999 that a QB taken in the first 12 picks has won a superbowl.
How many of those QB's made it to the Super Bowl?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
How many of those QB's made it to the Super Bowl?
Donovan McNabb made it last year--1999, 2nd pick. Really, this is a silly streak to talk about. QB's typically take a few years to develop, particularly going to bad teams which also need to develop. Plus the odds of any QB winning it are horrible--only 24 QB's have ever won the SB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read