Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2006   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Glenn Earl

Zeirlein (sp?) on 610 am is reporting Glenn Earl was sucker punched before the last season so that it knocked him out, required plastic surgery and was the primary reason Earl was out in the 1st half of the season. He acknowledged there was a shoulder issue also, but supposedly that was not the main reason. He reported Earl was pretty worked up about folks on the radio etc. saying he had lost his job and was injury prone. FWIW.
Old 02-03-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

That's interesting. Sucker punched by a teammate?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I hope it wasn't over a packet of mayonnaise.....
Old 02-03-2006   #4
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That's interesting. Sucker punched by a teammate?
That's what they said. Said they were still working on a name, which they would not divulge if they did find out.
Old 02-03-2006   #5
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I'm glad they were able to keep it in house if it was an altercation between players. No sense blowing it out of proportion through the media.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
He reported Earl was pretty worked up about folks on the radio etc. saying he had lost his job and was injury prone. FWIW.
call me crazy but I think he'll be a good SS ... him and CC Brown ... it's nice to have someone back there that isn't afraid* to lay the wood

* Coleman and Buchanon
Old 02-03-2006   #7
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I've always like Earl, but some of the more knowledgeable posters have picked up on some flaws in his game. I tend to agree with you though that Earl and Brown could develop into nice players. I atleast think they can become solid depth for us.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

may have been more problems behind the scenes last year than we even imagined.

Heres hoping Kubiak can straighten this all out and get our guys focused on winning.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
I've always like Earl, but some of the more knowledgeable posters have picked up on some flaws in his game. I tend to agree with you though that Earl and Brown could develop into nice players. I atleast think they can become solid depth for us.

yea he's not the fastest guy out there in coverage for sure but a SS doesn't need to be a burner ... it certainly helps though ..
Old 02-03-2006   #10
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i think earl is the future of SS for us with CC brown backing him up. browns cover skills are poor and i dont think he can transition to FS with a SS/run defense mentality. also makes you think if they actually had to throw in CC into the lineup due to this.

i think it was good to keep discipline in-house, but some information should have been given out. especially now, i am interested in who it was and his motive for a "sucker punch"
Old 02-03-2006   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
i think it was good to keep discipline in-house, but some information should have been given out. especially now, i am interested in who it was and his motive for a "sucker punch"
I thought for a minute it might be Matt Stevens back and looking for a job, but he was a FS right?
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #12
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
I thought for a minute it might be Matt Stevens back and looking for a job, but he was a FS right?
that...and if he was looking for a job, he would have ACTUALLY had to hit someone
Old 02-03-2006   #13
Dunta_23
All Pro

I think Glen Earl can become a solid player, Ive heard a few places that he was the #2 ranked safety after Sean Taylor until he hurt his knee, and thats why he dropped down. Maybe with a new coach/scheme noth him and CC will become solid Safetys
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
he would have ACTUALLY had to hit someone
yeah, I immediately ruled out Pbuc.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

My money is on Ramon Walker.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im gonna say Marcus Coleman.

heh... taking bets on who sucker punched Glen Earl.
Old 02-03-2006   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Im gonna say Marcus Coleman.

heh... taking bets on who sucker punched Glen Earl.
Coleman was worse on average at hitting people than P-Buc was last year--although he did lay a good lick on that tree (OK cheap shot).
Old 02-03-2006   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon Grid, Marcus would actually have to care about something first in order for him to conjure up enough emotion to hit someone... I swear that guy stays in a permanent state of bakeness...

Walker stands to lose the most from Earl's emergence IMO. I'm sticking with him ... unless it's someone across the line from him like Marcellus Rivers.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Yah it was a sucker punch though.... heck that might make Pbuc a more likely candidate. The only way he could ever get a good hit on someone is if he snuck up on them and hit them while they werent looking.
Old 02-03-2006   #20
SESupergenius

My money is on Dunta.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read