Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2006   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Casserly not the VP any more. Does anyone think.......?

Does anyone think that him being stripped of his VP title was the posturing of him getting axed. Now he's just in charge of talent evaluating. Monkeys can evaluate talent and give the info to the coaches to see who they want.

I dunno man, I'm sure I'll get blasted on starting this thread and get called a doom-sayer and stuff. Just my opinion though, he'll be gone after the draft but before the season starts.
Old 02-03-2006   #2
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Monkeys can evaluate talent and give the info to the coaches to see who they want.
I'm smarter than a monkey ..... where do I sign up?
Old 02-03-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I have zero qualms with Cass evaluating as I believe that is his greatest asset. The guy knows players. The problem is that we have overpaid in FA, but that is for another thread.
Old 02-03-2006   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if his talent evaluating is really even that good. He was better at trading for picks.....then wasting them to move up or trade with, more than anything but he did get the picks to start with. His talent evaluations always left a bad taste in my mouth. In Washington he did best with other guys around him. His biggest legacy was leaving them with all of those picks. His draft choices were not strong unless he had Bethard and Gibbs with him. I don't think it is doom and gloom to say that. I think the plan was to phase him out to start with. I think Reeves still being here is a big sign of that. I don't see him going anywhere, especially with Kubiak.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Monkeys can evaluate talent and give the info to the coaches to see who they want.
If you only have to be smarter than a monkey, most people on this board would have the credentials to be NFL talent evaluater. I think it would be fun.
Old 02-03-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
If you only have to be smarter than a monkey, most people on this board would have the credentials to be NFL talent evaluater. I think it would be fun.

hey I said it first so I have dibs ....

I wonder if CC is smart enough to draft this kid?

http://media.putfile.com/Kylar
Old 02-03-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm

Sorry, didn't see your post. But hey, at least we can agree. I'll be more than happy to do that job with you. By the way...don't know where you got that video, but that is friggin' awesome.
Old 02-03-2006   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL..the next Joey Porter
Old 02-03-2006   #9
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
I'm not sure if his talent evaluating is really even that good. He was better at trading for picks.....then wasting them to move up or trade with, more than anything but he did get the picks to start with. His talent evaluations always left a bad taste in my mouth. In Washington he did best with other guys around him. His biggest legacy was leaving them with all of those picks. His draft choices were not strong unless he had Bethard and Gibbs with him. I don't think it is doom and gloom to say that. I think the plan was to phase him out to start with. I think Reeves still being here is a big sign of that. I don't see him going anywhere, especially with Kubiak.
From what I hear, his greatest ability is in talent evaluation. Where he falls down is that he allows the coaches to influence his picks too much. When he worked with Beathard, he was shielded and Beathard picked based on Casserly's recommendations. You see after Beathard went out on his own, he wasn't too good either. They were a good team. This might be the perfect situation for Charley now, if he sticks around.
Old 02-03-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

I really, really hope he's smart enough to draft this kid ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/30/sp...rssnyt&emc=rss

make sure you click on the "Watch Reggie Bush at Helix High" video
Old 02-03-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really sure. How can I find out if I'm smarter than a monkey?

Oh, CC wants to know too.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, have you ever thrown you poop at another person due to anger or for your own satisfaction?
Old 02-03-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
Well, have you ever thrown you poop at another person due to anger or for your own satisfaction?
No, but I've really wanted to.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I don't know if Casserly will be gone by the start of the season as I believe he is under contract for one more year, but it could open the door to him leaving at the end of next year and the Texans bringing in someone else.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #15
The Preacher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
From what I hear, his greatest ability is in talent evaluation. Where he falls down is that he allows the coaches to influence his picks too much. When he worked with Beathard, he was shielded and Beathard picked based on Casserly's recommendations. You see after Beathard went out on his own, he wasn't too good either. They were a good team. This might be the perfect situation for Charley now, if he sticks around.

Is it just me or why didn't he learn from the best? Beathard built the team around the Hogs. CC is always trying to hit the home run and well, our line hasn't been exactly stellar.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I don't know if Casserly will be gone by the start of the season as I believe he is under contract for one more year, but it could open the door to him leaving at the end of next year and the Texans bringing in someone else.
It could open the door.

My problem is I am not sure where the blame lies in our personnel mistakes. There has been a lot of talk kicking about regarding bad player acquisitions that it was the coaches' fault, the scouts' fault, contract peoples' fault ... the only thing I do know is that Cass is supposed to be relatively the man in charge of them all. One thing's for sure, the Chron doesn't help us to sort it all out.

I have been on the fire Casserly bandwagon for a long time, but the more I've thought about it, the more I like some of his draft day decisions, and as I say, I'm not sure who to credit/blame for so much of what goes on.

Does anybody have legitimate, specific information regarding division of responsibilites?
Old 02-03-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a start to put a name to a task, but no details:

http://houstontexans.com/team/front_office.php
Old 02-03-2006   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's sad. Did you notice that the kid that got blown up is on the team with the Texans logo on their helmets?
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
It could open the door.

My problem is I am not sure where the blame lies in our personnel mistakes. There has been a lot of talk kicking about regarding bad player acquisitions that it was the coaches' fault, the scouts' fault, contract peoples' fault ... the only thing I do know is that Cass is supposed to be relatively the man in charge of them all. One thing's for sure, the Chron doesn't help us to sort it all out.

I have been on the fire Casserly bandwagon for a long time, but the more I've thought about it, the more I like some of his draft day decisions, and as I say, I'm not sure who to credit/blame for so much of what goes on.

Does anybody have legitimate, specific information regarding division of responsibilites?
Bob McNair does but good luck getting him to tell you. I think Casserly is not directly to blame for most of these decisions, but at the same time like you said he is supposed to be the one in charge of it, and if there's a problem with an underperforming organization, the first place you should look is at the top, so maybe that's why Capers and most of his staff are now gone and they figured they'd give Cass another chance with a new HC and if it doesn't work out this year then I believe his contract is up and they just won't resign him.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
It's sad. Did you notice that the kid that got blown up is on the team with the Texans logo on their helmets?
That and the #99 on defense is 10 years old, 6 foot and 280.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read