Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Win vs. Lose
Texans Win 85 98.84%
Chargers Win 1 1.16%
Tie game 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2004   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Texans Vs. Chargers

Win, Lose, Tie? And if you want to make a score prediction.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Vs. Chargers

Texans win 24 - 16
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Predictions for 9/12

Weather: Clear & 89 (Roof Open)

Tailgate Menu: Shrimp & Bacon Brochettes, Beef & Chicken Fajitas

Final Score: Texans 20 Chargers 13 (Texans cover spread of -4.5 points)
All 4 of Texan scores come off of Charger turnovers. Tomlinson catches late TD pass to make score look closer.

Texans tied for AFC South lead after Week 1.

Arrive home in time to watch Vikings finish off Cowgirls 24-0.

Perfect Sunday.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My "2004, prior to the season even starting, I am so certain of this that I'd bet the farm" prediction is that the Texans will begin the 2004 season 2-0.

Count on it.
Old 08-12-2004   #5
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Texans win 24-13.
Old 08-12-2004   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Slightly off topic, but wanted to point out that the Texans' compatriots have some tough games at the front end of their schedules:

Week 1:
Indianapolis at New England
Jacksonville at Buffalo
Tennessee at Miami

All away games. Indy/NE is obviously going to be a tough grudge match. Buffalo/Bledsoe start strong and Buffalo has a good D. Miami is obviously ailing on O but the D is good and other than when they play undefeated on opening day teams they are generally pretty strong in home openers.

Week 2:
Denver at Jacksonville
Indianapolis at Tennessee

Obviously one of the top two teams in the division is going home with a loss this weekend with a strong opponent for the third team.

Week 3:
Green Bay at Indianapolis
Jacksonville at Tennessee

Same deal.

Week 4:
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Tennessee at San Diego

OK so TN should have it easy, but at least one more loss in the division still.

We or course face San Diego, Detroit, KC and Oakland. Sure would be nice if the Texans could start strong through this period and build confidence and momentum.
Old 08-12-2004   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

24-13 Texans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2004   #8
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

17-14 Texans
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I want to reverse my pick. We are nothing but a bunch of homers.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
But they are also the Chargers...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #11
Tyr
Rookie

We may be a bunch of homers but I think this time we have good reason.

2-0 on opening day: I contribute this to Dom Capers having the extra time to prepare hard for that first game.

At Home: We are already tough at home as is, even if only a handful of wins.

So put us at home on opening day against a struggling franchise? I like our chances
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Fine. But can you give some compelling reasons as to why the Chargers will win? At least last year against the Dolphins I could say, "The Texans never lose on opening day".
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #13
RichmondTexanFan
Rookie

Everyone, let's pray for the Texans to toss the Chargers out of Reliant Stadium. I mean they have La Danian Tomlinson, but he won't be scoring touchdowns in the Texans' house.
RichmondTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #14
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondTexanFan
Everyone, let's pray for the Texans to toss the Chargers out of Reliant Stadium. I mean they have La Danian Tomlinson, but he won't be scoring touchdowns in the Texans' house.
They have LT but then name someone else. Texans will win.
Old 08-12-2004   #15
Jwwillis
All Pro

We owe the Chargers from season 1 when they man-handled us. Saou (sp) acted like an *** ( never a taunting call btw ). Too bad his old butt doesnt still play for them. No way the Texans lose this game. Im also looking for revenge on Jacksonville and the sucker hit on our kick returner.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondTexanFan
I mean they have La Danian Tomlinson, but he won't be scoring touchdowns in the Texans' house.
Well, I wouldnt mind if we won and he scored a couple TDs......I would only want that to happen if he was on my fantasy team, though.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #17
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

The only times I'll be praying for the Chargers to have a shot at winning will be when they are playing everyone else in our division.

I think this opening game is a lock for the Texans. But if you polled the Dolphins last year, how many of them thought the same thing for their home opener? (SOOOO glad I was there to see that!) I really hope Capers stays on these guys about focusing and not taking this opener lightly. It's probably the team's best chance to win back-to-back games all season.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #18
BULLHORN
Rookie

texans win over chargers
32-0
BULLHORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 28
Chargers 10

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #20
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Texans 31-10
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read