Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2006   #1
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Machine,

Can you post updates on Casserly's discussion...? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2006   #2
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Nothing of note so far......

They have 2 strategies in free agency .....

1) If a new CBA is put in place (higher cap, more money for the players, Texans will tend to be more active)

2) If a new CBA is not in place (lower cap, less money for players, Texans will tend to be less active)
Old 02-03-2006   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Casserly on 610 this morning

Anyone catch Casserly on 610 this morning?
Did he say anything of value or just his usual stock babble?
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #4
BREAZE
Veteran

I missed his Charlie Bown's teacher impersonation again?
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Nothing of note so far......

They have 2 strategies in free agency .....

1) If a new CBA is put in place (higher cap, more money for the players, Texans will tend to be more active)

2) If a new CBA is not in place (lower cap, less money for players, Texans will tend to be less active)
I have my own thoughts, but would be interested to see his explanation on both. Did you catch any details or was it just a high level view?
Old 02-03-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I have my own thoughts, but would be interested to see his explanation on both. Did you catch any details or was it just a high level view?

says that talks have begun among the coaches about what positions to target but he can't talk about specific players until March
Old 02-03-2006   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

KT I think we are having the same thought on this issue, but right now it seems he is talking SB and was a high level view. I like the idea that he is letting the coaches do their work and hopefully we build a team with Kubiak's identitiy.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Lance asked about the lack of identities for the Texans offense and defense in recent years ...

CC says that Kubiak could answer better but the Texans offense will most likely resemble Denver's offense ..
Old 02-03-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

2nd segment is over ... no new info .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-03-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

asked about sigining Terrell Owens and drafting VY and David Thomas in the 2nd round and spreading the field ... caller said we'd average 35 points a game ...

CC can't talk about Owens but said they're interested in acquiring a pass receiving TE ....
Old 02-03-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

asked about Carr having to learn a new system and slowing his progress ...

CC says no, he has offseason to learn it, Carr's smart, learning curve will be faster with him than with a new player
Old 02-03-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

caller comparing Carr to Boller .... 1st round picks, lack of toughness, lack of leadership, compared VY to Carr, says VY has more talent, (it's a backdoor DRAFT VY call) ...

CC says Carr threw for 500+ yards against Michigan State is his last college game, says that defense was as good as USC's defense, says both are talented but the decision will focus on the Texan's need
Old 02-03-2006   #13
chuckm
Hall of Fame

end of 3rd segment ....
Old 02-03-2006   #14
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

There he goes again:
You can have Carr and Bush or Young and X. Is the writing on the wall and DD is a goner already.

I hate it when he says that. Why doesn't he just say it. "Hey guys, were drafting Bush so no need in offering us a trade scenario, we're good". Geez, I'm glad this is his last show on 610. Every time I hear his voice it reminds me how he has bungled 15 2nd and 3rd round pix and all he has to show for it is Pitts.
Old 02-03-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

says he's thinks Pittsburgh will win SB based on talent but Polamalu's ankle could be a factor
Old 02-03-2006   #16
chuckm
Hall of Fame

that's it .... 4th segment was all SB talk ...
Old 02-03-2006   #17
Sportsfan
All Pro

thanks for the play-by-play chuck.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #18
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
There he goes again:
You can have Carr and Bush or Young and X. Is the writing on the wall and DD is a goner already.

I hate it when he says that. Why doesn't he just say it. "Hey guys, were drafting Bush so no need in offering us a trade scenario, we're good". Geez, I'm glad this is his last show on 610. Every time I hear his voice it reminds me how he has bungled 15 2nd and 3rd round pix and all he has to show for it is Pitts.
He doesn't say what you recommended because you don't know what is going on in the background with other teams. There is still a possibility we trade the pick.

Again, I blame Capers and company for most of the 2nd and third round blunders. By the way, I am not unhappy with Gaffney and Peek. They will show this year they are GOOD NFL players.
Old 02-03-2006   #19
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
There he goes again:
I actually think if he said they would focus on need, this is in essence saying we will not draft Young because it doesn't fall in that category, but it is also not an acknowledgment that we intend to draft Bush because that position is not a pressing need either. If anything the need positions for this team fall along the O-line and Defensive side of the ball, which would fit a trade down scenario.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #20
The Preacher
Veteran

[ Every time I hear his voice it reminds me how he has bungled 15 2nd and 3rd round pix and all he has to show for it is Pitts.[/quote]

The truth speaks for itself he simply hasn't done a good job. This is where teams are built and because of this it's really hard to believe he is still employed. You can't call it bad luck when things go bad this consistently. Sometimes it happens to people who know their stuff but how long before you cut bait?
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read