Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-02-2006   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Leinart won't let it go

He is sitting on Rome is burning, still claiming USC was a better team than Texas and gave the game away. He also says he should be the #1 pick
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you expect him to say ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #3
profan
Veteran

Well, Matt, number #1 teams do not give games away. Teams that lose are not the best. It is fairly simple. You had better learn how to deal with losses and not dwell on them or your going to have a miserable time in the NFL. Using your thought process, i say the Texans are number #1, we just gave away fourteen games so we could draft your teamate #1.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Carr gets dogged for not saying stuff like that.

2) It was awfully close - a 2 yard gain by White would have changed a lot of things.

3) I know a lot of Miami players said the same thing about Ohio State a couple of years ago. So what? OSU was still the champ.
Old 02-02-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Matt a Team consist of all facets of a "Team", Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Texas was better is every facet of the game. When you have a OVERATED DEFENSE that is a liability to your team and was all year and in the end cost you the national championship, guess what you don't have the better TEAM.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-02-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2006   #6
txlonghorn14
Rookie

that's cause he's a bum and will end up like ryan leaf.
Old 02-02-2006   #7
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
What do you expect him to say ?
How about, We had a good run but just did not get it done. Hats of to Texas. There a great team. I expect to be drafted high in the first round. There are some good athletes, including my own teamate. I think there are a number of us who could be selected #1. I'm just thankful i will have the oppurtunity to play in the nfl and look forward to working hard to take my game to the next level.
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
1) Carr gets dogged for not saying stuff like that.

2) It was awfully close - a 2 yard gain by White would have changed a lot of things.

3) I know a lot of Miami players said the same thing about Ohio State a couple of years ago. So what? OSU was still the champ.
Miami had a legit gripe, They suffered the worst call in NCAA history.
Old 02-02-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
just out of curiosity, would you take 2005 USC, 2001 Miami, or 2001 OSU if the teams were to play again today? I only include OSU, because they beat Miami, but I feel 2001 Miami was the best college team ever.
Old 02-02-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

VY's knee was down on his pitch.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
yes, but he had a 1st down already. Are you implying that UT would not have scored from 4 yards out with 4 chances?
Old 02-02-2006   #12
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Miami had a legit gripe, They suffered the worst call in NCAA history.
Talking about the pass interference call. That was one of the worst calls in a championship game i have ever seen.
Old 02-02-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

*P.S.

I HATE both USC and UT.

Jayhawks all the way baby!!! KU>All

KU owns all.
Old 02-02-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Do you really think USC would of stopped Texas on a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line. Texas also had a INT that wasn't called that would of ended one of USC's scoring drives.
Old 02-02-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Do you really think USC would of stopped Texas on a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line. Texas also had a INT that wasn't called that would of ended one of USC's scoring drives.
I know, I was just pointing out one of the calls. I truly think that Texas was the better team. That does not mean there was not some bad calls though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Talking about the pass interference call. That was one of the worst calls in a championship game i have ever seen.
Thats the one
Old 02-02-2006   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no doubt there are a handful of teams that want to jump to #1 to take Matt. But unless they give a sweet enough deal, then it wont get done.

People mostly trade up for QB's, before RB's. History is on my side.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

bleh.. he is loyal to his team and feels that they are the best, even if they did lose to Texas..he feels they kept themselves from winning, not that they got beat.

Can you really blame him? in your position wouldnt you feel the same way?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #19
Htown34s
Veteran

He can keep saying that until the day he dies...but UT will still have the 2005 NC trophy.
Old 02-02-2006   #20
Waltman
Rookie

Matt is doing the same thing any competative person would do in a close lost. Thinking of things he should have and could have done differently to help them win. But it's too little too late. To me Vince showed he wanted it more.
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read