Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-02-2006   #1
exclude
Veteran

Default So what's the status on Carr's option..

Anyone heard anything about this???

I thought today (Feb 2) was the deadline for the Texans to pick up Carr's option yet I haven't heard zilch on this.
Old 02-02-2006   #2
cadahnic
All Pro

No it is likely March 2nd the beginning of Free agency or last day to put tags on players something like that, never can keep the dates straight.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #3
Spoda
Veteran

hmm..well the day is passing by very slowly....any way we can spin this to a huge carr bashing/vince is from houston/reggie is barry sanders/trade down thread so we can get some flaming going? work is slow..also isn't it 14 days after the superbowl?
Old 02-02-2006   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoda
..also isn't it 14 days after the superbowl?
That is what I thought.
Old 02-02-2006   #5
mike230765
Rookie

I aslo thought today was when they were supposed to do his extension, because of some accounting reasons??????
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that the first day that the Texans could sign Carr would be today, but Casserly or someone said that it would not be done exactly on Feb 2. The deadline I believe is 2 weeks after the Superbowl.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

They are going to wait as long as they can because once they sign the contract, Carr is owed $8 million cash. They aren't going to risk signing the contract today and then Carr getting in an accident or something tomorrow when they can wait 2 weeks.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2006   #8
mike230765
Rookie

Smile

carr has had alot of crashes (sacks) this year what's one more gonna do?
Old 02-02-2006   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike230765
carr has had alot of crashes (sacks) this year what's one more gonna do?
well usually teams don't like to give $8 million dollars to a guy with a broken neck.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #10
mike230765
Rookie

i get what your saying.....i was just joking
Old 02-02-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I thought today was groundhog day.

How much of Carr's Bonus can be applied to the 2005 cap??
Old 02-02-2006   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Keith Weiland of Houstonprofootball.com has previously stated that the Texans will be able to push $2 million of the option bonus onto the '05 cap. But in his latest Texans 2006 Unofficial Salary Cap Info page, Keith doesn't reflect any bonus spread on the 2005 cap. I've asked Keith to clarify, and I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Old 02-04-2006   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

this was on the radio yesterday. It seems that the contract is not completely worked out but should be signed some time this month and on the radio they said sometime this week.
Old 02-04-2006   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
this was on the radio yesterday. It seems that the contract is not completely worked out but should be signed some time this month and on the radio they said sometime this week.
What do you mean the contract is not completely worked out? Every reference on the radio so far has been to exercising one of two already agreed upon buy back options. I'd love to see a renegotiation, but there hasn't been whisper one of such a thing so far on air.
Old 02-04-2006   #15
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

no, they are working out the details on some of the language for later years and such. It is not being reworked, because they feel that the contract in most of its entirety should be honored.
Cass is really making a mistake on this one. I mean on one hand you can see the confidence it will build with David, but on the other you could simply restructure the contract and get him at a cheaper price and make the 8M option guaranteed money that can be allocated. Simple verbage is all it takes, but then again I am not the VP so maybe things are a little more complicated than the contract that I am used to seeing.
Old 02-04-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If we could get a renegotiated contract, and that is a big if, it would be the biggest win for this organization since the Cowboys in my opinion.

I am sure the pending CBA has some wheels spinning on this one.
Old 02-04-2006   #17
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

KT you are likely right, I think the CBA will be finished before all is said and done. I can understand owners not wanting to share out of all their revenue, but I think they will add a percentage to the revenue and then give the players a slightly larger piece of the pie.
Old 02-04-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
KT you are likely right, I think the CBA will be finished before all is said and done. I can understand owners not wanting to share out of all their revenue, but I think they will add a percentage to the revenue and then give the players a slightly larger piece of the pie.
Players currently get 65% of the shared revenue. The issue that seems to be a sticking point is how/if the richer teams (Dallas, Washington, Texans etc.) would share the OTHER revenue streams they have that aren't TV and stadium related dollars. Then when that's figured out, the players will want some sort of portion of that also. On a personal level, I have some heartburn with the idea of giving to teams dollars for what another team has built from it's marketing efforts and then to give that to folks who are already getting 65% of the whole pie, just rubs me the wrong way. The players should get a good portion (they do) and teams should share the COMMON revenue streams, but if someone does a better job of building their market, then they should be able to keep that for their good work. Just my opinion.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Players currently get 65% of the shared revenue. The issue that seems to be a sticking point is how/if the richer teams (Dallas, Washington, Texans etc.) would share the OTHER revenue streams they have that aren't TV and stadium related dollars. Then when that's figured out, the players will want some sort of portion of that also. On a personal level, I have some heartburn with the idea of giving to teams dollars for what another team has built from it's marketing efforts and then to give that to folks who are already getting 65% of the whole pie, just rubs me the wrong way. The players should get a good portion (they do) and teams should share the COMMON revenue streams, but if someone does a better job of building their market, then they should be able to keep that for their good work. Just my opinion.
Totally agree.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Casserly said last season that they were reserving $2 mill on the '05 cap for 1/4 of Carr's 8 million that would be prorated through '09. If they give him the two year option it would be less. If they franchise or transition him, it would be nothing on the '05 cap and everything would count on the '06 cap until he's traded. Not saying the franchise/trade thing is all that likely but that's how it would work.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read