Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006   #1
Sudds
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 40
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0 Sudds is ridin' the pine
Default I'm Tired Of Homers

Dear natives of Texas...

I know how much you love Vince Young and think he is the greatest QB since Joe Montana. I know you think he had the greatest National Championship game in history, despite the fact the USC's defense was horrible all season. Depite the fact the Frasno State's offense dominated USC more than Texas'. However, please realize that McNair and Kubiak have no desire to draft the young man Young. So, move on, stop giving us threads about potential trades for VY and anti-Carr/Bush threads, and how VY is going to save the franchise because he is a hometown kid. Believe me, being a hometown kid means nothing in this business. Please, move on. I can't even read this board anymore because despite what our owner and head coach say, you still keep posting your homer thoughts. Move on and deal with it! We're either drafting Bush or trading down....period. :brickwall
Sudds is offline  
Old 01-31-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!
 
swtbound07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 28
Posts: 9,474
Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
Dear natives of Texas...

I know how much you love Vince Young and think he is the greatest QB since Joe Montana. I know you think he had the greatest National Championship game in history, despite the fact the USC's defense was horrible all season. Depite the fact the Frasno State's offense dominated USC more than Texas'. However, please realize that McNair and Kubiak have no desire to draft the young man Young. So, move on, stop giving us threads about potential trades for VY and anti-Carr/Bush threads, and how VY is going to save the franchise because he is a hometown kid. Believe me, being a hometown kid means nothing in this business. Please, move on. I can't even read this board anymore because despite what our owner and head coach say, you still keep posting your homer thoughts. Move on and deal with it! We're either drafting Bush or trading down....period. :brickwall

dear cleo,
what are the march lottery numbers? and while you are speaking in absolutes and telling the future, what number am i thinking of?
__________________

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline  
Old 01-31-2006   #3
michaelm
vox nihili
 
michaelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 648
Age: 48
Posts: 5,567
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
Dear natives of Texas...

I know how much you love Vince Young and think he is the greatest QB since Joe Montana. I know you think he had the greatest National Championship game in history, despite the fact the USC's defense was horrible all season. Depite the fact the Frasno State's offense dominated USC more than Texas'. However, please realize that McNair and Kubiak have no desire to draft the young man Young. So, move on, stop giving us threads about potential trades for VY and anti-Carr/Bush threads, and how VY is going to save the franchise because he is a hometown kid. Believe me, being a hometown kid means nothing in this business. Please, move on. I can't even read this board anymore because despite what our owner and head coach say, you still keep posting your homer thoughts. Move on and deal with it! We're either drafting Bush or trading down....period. :brickwall

Many of us are finding it hard to visit this board because people like you come in here starting threads about topics that are being discussed to the point of overkill in OTHER ACTIVE THREADS!
Please do a search, find the relevant ACTIVE thread and do your trolling there...

P.S. I am 40, have lived in this state for 36 of those 40 (minus 4 years in the military) and I still think RB is the better choice.

So my points are three:
1) Find an appropriate open thread to post in if they are available. They Are.
2) Stop trying to group all people together with generalizations.
3) Stop trolling.


Later
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Our LB corps is a dumpster fire.
michaelm is offline  
Old 01-31-2006   #4
Sco-tai
Veteran
 
Sco-tai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 40
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 10 Sco-tai is a fan favorite
Default

LOL...good post SWT. FUNNY.

However, I kinda agree. Do your homework. Compare all the notes on DC and VY as "draft picks". Texans will NEVER draft VY. NO team would under these circumstances. Granted, if VY was coming out the Texan's 1st year...HE'S THE GUY. But he's not...and he won't be a Texan.

Prefer or not...barring injury to DC in the off-season, VY will NOT be a Texan.

Again, I can't say it's my favorite path, but it's the one that is reality.

Deal..or cheer for another team.
Sco-tai is offline  
Old 01-31-2006   #5
cadahnic
All Pro
 
cadahnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 812
Rep Power: 10 cadahnic is a fan favorite
Default

Sudds I am a realist and I would not go as far as your last statement. Honestly, we could draft VY if he is what they believe to be the best for the team to win in the next 4yrs. I dont know and I have my doubts seeing that he is a 2yr project at minimum. Trading down is likely the best option, but the organization will do what is best for the team.
cadahnic is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #6
CoastalTexan
Veteran
 
CoastalTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 461
Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan
Default

Best since Joe Montana? Come on we all know VY is better than Montana right now, VY is a natural leader unlike Montana. VY will also dominate running the ball, just like Barry Sanders did, ooops wrong position. But he will be a better passer than Dan Marino, we all know thats a given.
CoastalTexan is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #7
stevo3883
All Pro
 
stevo3883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: h-town
Age: 34
Posts: 733
Rep Power: 9 stevo3883 is ridin' the pine
Default

wow Sudds that was so original and insightful. Thank you for your contribution to the forum, and come back soon! We could use more posts like yours to help keep us down-to-earth as far as our outlandish views go.

*hits self in head* i cant believe i forgot Fresno state was better than Texas STUPID STUPID

just venting, thanks again.
__________________
Go Team?
stevo3883 is offline  
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2006   #8
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie
 
Fighting Blue Hen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 45
Posts: 58
Rep Power: 9 Fighting Blue Hen is ridin' the pine
Default

Who's Frasno State?
__________________
He shoots, he scores! It's a powerplay goal! - Sam Rosen
Fighting Blue Hen is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #9
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Spring TX
Age: 40
Posts: 1,098
Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Blue Hen
Who's Frasno State?
It's Fresno High.
__________________
Kubiak is no mechanic!
Trade in the Carr and go with a Young-er model!
Big B Texan Fan is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out yonder way...
Age: 42
Posts: 2,386
Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default

Here's what I'm tired of: Uninformed posts being made by those that are tired of homer posts.

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
I know you think he had the greatest National Championship game in history, despite the fact the USC's defense was horrible all season.
A. Those that are in Young's court aren't the only ones that feel he had one of, if not the, greatest performance in a National Championship game. If you can name one better, I'd really like to hear it.

B. USC's defense was horrible all season. Do you mean outside of these games?
  • Oregon (18th in total offense) - 262 yards total offense, 13 points (177 yards, 21.5 points below their average)
  • Washington State (8th in total offense) - 284 yards total offense, 13 points (205 yards, 20.5 points below their average)
  • UCLA (23rd in total offense) - 275 yards total offense, 19 points (156 yards, 20 points below their average)
  • California (24th in total offense) - 299 yards total offense, 10 points (129 yards, 23 points below their average)

Agree or disagree? If you disagree, please explain why. Because of that one game against Fresno State?

[Guiness guys] Brilliant!! [/Guiness guys]

Another example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
Depite the fact the Frasno State's offense dominated USC more than Texas'.
Total offensive yards vs USC...

Fresno State - 427
Texas - 556

You were close though. Only off by 129 yards.

The rest...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
However, please realize that McNair and Kubiak have no desire to draft the young man Young. So, move on, stop giving us threads about potential trades for VY and anti-Carr/Bush threads, and how VY is going to save the franchise because he is a hometown kid. Believe me, being a hometown kid means nothing in this business. Please, move on. I can't even read this board anymore because despite what our owner and head coach say, you still keep posting your homer thoughts.
Just comes across as a bunch of whining. How are those that want Bush or want to trade down more entitled to express their opinions over those that want Vince? Do you really think any of this has an effect on what the Texans front office decide? I tend to think not. It would appear to me that all of this is people expressing their wishful thinking.

And of course there's always the old fall-back: If you don't want to read a post about something that doesn't interest you, don't open it.
Huge is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #11
HeartofHouston
Veteran
 
HeartofHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8900 Braeswood
Age: 30
Posts: 405
Rep Power: 9 HeartofHouston is ridin' the pine
Default

I knew that Sudds was gonna get an earful for that comment consider alot of the people on this board in that *****ic draft Vince Camp.. But I completely agree with you.. if you read the interviews and read between the lines, on the lines and below the lines you'll see that we're not gonna draft Young its either gonna be Bush or trade down..

Kubiak as already been on record saying that he Likes Carr, he thinks that Carr will blossom in his Offense, and he wants to turn Carr into one of the greats QBs in the NFL..

With that bing said McNair likes Bush, Casserly Loves Bush and Kubiak thinks that Bush is an Amazing talent.. Sudds has a point either he was gonna say it our I was gonna say it.. and he just beat me to it.
__________________
Nate Clements + Michael Griffin + Earl Everett + Marshawn Lynch = Texans
HeartofHouston is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame
 
kastofsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,438
Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston
I knew that Sudds was gonna get an earful for that comment consider alot of the people on this board in that *****ic draft Vince Camp.. But I completely agree with you.. if you read the interviews and read between the lines, on the lines and below the lines you'll see that we're not gonna draft Young its either gonna be Bush or trade down..

Kubiak as already been on record saying that he Likes Carr, he thinks that Carr will blossom in his Offense, and he wants to turn Carr into one of the greats QBs in the NFL..

With that bing said McNair likes Bush, Casserly Loves Bush and Kubiak thinks that Bush is an Amazing talent.. Sudds has a point either he was gonna say it our I was gonna say it.. and he just beat me to it.
the combines haven't even happened yet. no interviews, no personal workouts, etc. whatever a coach says NOW is pretty meaningless. reading between the lines is pointless...
kastofsna is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod
 
Kaiser Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Straight Outta Austin
Age: 44
Posts: 16,033
Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I am a Native Texan, a Houston Texans fan, a UT fan, a Vince Young fan and think he had the greatest performance in a National Championship game.

So I guess I am Vince Young homer and believe we must draft him.
__________________
Smell the glove is here
Kaiser Toro is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out yonder way...
Age: 42
Posts: 2,386
Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston
I knew that Sudds was gonna get an earful for that comment consider alot of the people on this board in that *****ic draft Vince Camp.. But I completely agree with you.. if you read the interviews and read between the lines, on the lines and below the lines you'll see that we're not gonna draft Young its either gonna be Bush or trade down..

Kubiak as already been on record saying that he Likes Carr, he thinks that Carr will blossom in his Offense, and he wants to turn Carr into one of the greats QBs in the NFL..

With that bing said McNair likes Bush, Casserly Loves Bush and Kubiak thinks that Bush is an Amazing talent.. Sudds has a point either he was gonna say it our I was gonna say it.. and he just beat me to it.
Even if the Texans go on and draft Bush, that doesn't change the fact people have their right to express their opinion about who they want the Texans to draft or who they thought the Texans should've drafted (meaning this won't stop even after it's official).

So telling everybody they should keep quiet because all indications point towards the Texans not drafting Young will get you nowhere.
Huge is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #15
Blake
MMQB
 
Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring
Section: 551
Posts: 10,762
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
So, move on, stop giving us threads about potential trades for VY and anti-Carr/Bush threads, and how VY is going to save the franchise because he is a hometown kid. Believe me, being a hometown kid means nothing in this business. Please, move on.
That is the big debate! Vince vs. Reggie! Reggie vs. Vince! You hear the media talking about that everyday. Whats wrong with Houston/UT fans, talking about who they want their team to draft. And because you dont agree, you say that anyone who does it is a dumb homer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
I can't even read this board anymore because despite what our owner and head coach say, you still keep posting your homer thoughts.
Smart coaches, and GM's dont show their cards before the first betting round. Dont let the door hit you on the way out...
Blake is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #16
Rewsky
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 34
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0 Rewsky is ridin' the pine
Default

Thought I'd have some fun with this.

Dear natives of Texas...

I know how much you love Reggie Bush and think he is the greatest RB since Gale Sayers. I know you think he had the greatest game in history against Frasno State, despite the fact the Frasno States's defense was horrible all season. However, please realize that McNair and Kubiak have no desire to draft the young man Bush. So, move on, stop giving us threads about potential trades for DD and anti-Young threads, and how RB is going to save the franchise because he won a heisman. Believe me, winning a heisman means nothing in this business. Please, move on. I can't even read this board anymore because despite what our owner and head coach say, you still keep posting your homer thoughts. Move on and deal with it! We're either drafting Young or trading down....period.


All kidding aside, I think both VY and RB will be solid pros. I just think VY has a lot more upside. Oh ya, I guess that makes me a
Rewsky is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #17
HeartofHouston
Veteran
 
HeartofHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8900 Braeswood
Age: 30
Posts: 405
Rep Power: 9 HeartofHouston is ridin' the pine
Default

i never said that you guys couldnt express your.. hell thats why this is a MB so people will do that.. What I am saying is that WE WILL NOT DRAFT VINCE YOUNG.. It wont happen..

No matter how meaningless you say what a coach says is ecause its before the NFL Workouts.. I'm just going off of what I believe just stating MY personal opinion am I wrong for doing that.. no..

but mark my words "WE WILL NOT DRAFT VINCE YOUNG"..
__________________
Nate Clements + Michael Griffin + Earl Everett + Marshawn Lynch = Texans
HeartofHouston is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!
 
swtbound07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 28
Posts: 9,474
Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston
i never said that you guys couldnt express your.. hell thats why this is a MB so people will do that.. What I am saying is that WE WILL NOT DRAFT VINCE YOUNG.. It wont happen..

No matter how meaningless you say what a coach says is ecause its before the NFL Workouts.. I'm just going off of what I believe just stating MY personal opinion am I wrong for doing that.. no..

but mark my words "WE WILL NOT DRAFT VINCE YOUNG"..

see...im almost tempted to not flame you, simply because you put those words in your end sentence.....but i cant pass up such a target rich enviroment.
1)Typos-check
2)words omitted-check
3)speaking in absolutes about the future-check
4)emphasizing your point twice in bold font-check

paging dr. Troll......are you there dr. troll?
__________________

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #19
jerek
Pro Hobbyist
 
jerek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin, OH
Age: 34
Posts: 6,613
Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default

Not that the initial thread was a good argument, but I gotta believe we are not taking Young. Everything points to that right now. Then again, that is right now, and we have a good three months of right nows left in which that could change.
__________________
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
jerek is offline  
Old 02-01-2006   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame
 
bckey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 53
Posts: 2,317
Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Here's what I'm tired of: Uninformed posts being made by those that are tired of homer posts.

Example:

A. Those that are in Young's court aren't the only ones that feel he had one of, if not the, greatest performance in a National Championship game. If you can name one better, I'd really like to hear it.

B. USC's defense was horrible all season. Do you mean outside of these games?
  • Oregon (18th in total offense) - 262 yards total offense, 13 points (177 yards, 21.5 points below their average)
  • Washington State (8th in total offense) - 284 yards total offense, 13 points (205 yards, 20.5 points below their average)
  • UCLA (23rd in total offense) - 275 yards total offense, 19 points (156 yards, 20 points below their average)
  • California (24th in total offense) - 299 yards total offense, 10 points (129 yards, 23 points below their average)

Agree or disagree? If you disagree, please explain why. Because of that one game against Fresno State?

[Guiness guys] Brilliant!! [/Guiness guys]

Another example:

Total offensive yards vs USC...

Fresno State - 427
Texas - 556

You were close though. Only off by 129 yards.

The rest...

Just comes across as a bunch of whining. How are those that want Bush or want to trade down more entitled to express their opinions over those that want Vince? Do you really think any of this has an effect on what the Texans front office decide? I tend to think not. It would appear to me that all of this is people expressing their wishful thinking.

And of course there's always the old fall-back: If you don't want to read a post about something that doesn't interest you, don't open it.

Great fact based post! I love all our options and I am getting really tired of posts like the one by sudds.
bckey is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger