Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-31-2006   #1
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan
Default Mcnair and USC (South Carolina)

Is there a trend that has been occuring between the Texans and USC players? Mcnair went to USC and so did Dunta Robison, and we wanted Troy Williamson last year. This year i've seen FS Ko Simpson (late 1st round) and CB Jonathon Joseph (2nd-3rd) from South Carolina. One of our needs is a true FS for sure, would another CB be on the wishlist as well? I've seen people on the board mention Ko Simpson, but not much about Jonathon Joseph, what I read says hes very raw but is very good numberwise. Do you think that we look at USC players alot closer and will look to pick these guys or just a random occurance?
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Is there a trend that has been occuring between the Texans and USC players? Mcnair went to USC and so did Dunta Robison, and we wanted Troy Williamson last year. This year i've seen FS Ko Simpson (late 1st round) and CB Jonathon Joseph (2nd-3rd) from South Carolina. One of our needs is a true FS for sure, would another CB be on the wishlist as well? I've seen people on the board mention Ko Simpson, but not much about Jonathon Joseph, what I read says hes very raw but is very good numberwise. Do you think that we look at USC players alot closer and will look to pick these guys or just a random occurance?
I am not sure if I would call it a random occurance, but Dunta Rabinson was there for the picking at #10 in the draft. He is a great player. Williamson is suppose to be good to. I would not think that the Texans are targeting these players because of thier school, but because they are good at football.
Old 02-01-2006   #3
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

CB Jonathan Joseph is a stud, hes listed as 4.35 spd and hes a good tackler, and was a playmaker last year for the cocks, the knock on him is that he has only started one or two years and is still a bit raw if hes available in the 3rd rd and we havent taken a corner yet, i dont think there is any doubt we take him, but in kiper's latest mock he has joseph going in the 1ST ROUND.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

Hey Coach C., Mork, and I have been talking up Jonathan Joseph and YoungTexanFan got the Ko Simpson hoopla started. They are both solid players, Jonathan Joseph plays alot like Dunta but not as athletic, but a larger guy. Ko Simpson is older and more mature than most players coming into the league and the guy can flat out play. I have suspicions about his speed, but you watch the tape and he brings it. Certain colleges are known for certain things and usually USCar defenders like to hit.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not see a conspiracy since we have not "reached" for any USC players.
Old 02-01-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

We picked Dunta Robinson because we were looking for a CB and he was the best CB available. If DeAngelo Hall was available we probably would have taken him.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read