Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-22-2004   #81
texans
Veteran

some of the things wrong with the texans in this years game

1.were the third wortst team in the NFL
2.who is ron dugles and why is he on are roster
3.they still have pitts a tackel
4.carson palmer is rated higher than david
5.brian westbrook is rated 88 while davis is only rated 81 i think they should be closer if not DD better

ill come back with more after i play the game more
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #82
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
2.who is ron dugles and why is he on are roster
3.they still have pitts a tackel
4.carson palmer is rated higher than david
Dang. Ron Dugans was a WR we had on the roster and cut about 2 weeks ago. I think you can edit Pitts and make him a G.

How do they have Palmer rated higher than Carr?!?!?!?!?!?!

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #83
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

so is ESPN football 2005 out yet?
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #84
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

yup, it is. just got mine today. go out and get it! its only 20 bucks.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #85
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

You are all being brainwashed by ESPN. Did yall not see the graphix? They are not better than Madden2005 what-so-ever! And what is up with the ratings? Gary walker and seth payne both have 69 strength! And Jaimie Sharper is the 4th best LB in the league but in the game his overall is 89? ESPN also made babin HORRIBLE! I just cant stand my dude to be disrespected. Bottom line is ESPN sux royal @$$, and Madden kicks royal @$$!
Old 07-22-2004   #86
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

YOU have Madden 2005? Where did you get it?
Old 07-22-2004   #87
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Someone earlier said that they heard that running on Madden is gonna be crappy. i have NCAA 2005 and i think the running on it is amazing because when you make a cut, the running back actually dips his hips and cuts, instead of just kinda turning. And i Like the new tackles, iwas gettin kinda tired of the same four different tackles over the past few years.
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2004   #88
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

dont know if its been posted yet, but did you see the create-a-fan clip they show here? creating some of the bullpen guys like Joe Texan should be entertaining...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #89
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the EA guys are scrambling right now to get Ricky Williams off the game.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #90
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad thing is you can only create 1 fan.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #91
tony18015
Rookie

Thumbs down

I bought the new espn 2k5 and its the same game as last year just updated rosters and alittle bit more stuff u can do but nothing else. Im just gonna play ncaa 2005 till madden comes out becouse espn just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tony18015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #92
tony18015
Rookie

Thumbs down

Also keyshawn johnson is just too dam good on espn and terrel owens is not a 100.
tony18015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #93
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

well i'll say one thing. im enjoying ESPN 2K5 more than i enjoyed Madden 2004. As for Madden 2005? we'll have to wait and see. im definitely looking forward to it though.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #94
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Why are you guys judging games by how certain players are rated? If you disagree with the ratings, just edit them to how you see fit. It's not a very hard process. I rate games by the gameplay and by franchise mode, and so far I'm in love with ESPN. I'm sure I'll rent Madden or play it when one of my friends buys it, but I don't know if I'll be buying it that soon. I think the ESPN gameplay and graphics are just incredible - better than Madden 2004 - and I'm not tired of playing it at all. Madden's going to have to be the greatest sports game of all-time to beat it.

Anyway, my point is that it's pretty silly to judge which game is better based on how the players are rated. It took me about 10 minutes to adjust the entire Texans roster.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #95
dmt217
Veteran

Technically, a player's rating does affect gameplay. Plus, there's no point in editing them if you play online (or w/ friends b/c it's cheesy).

Anyway, the running game is more realistic than previous versions. The presentation, animations (except for controlling your players), graphics, DL/OL AI, are great as usual.

Everything still feels a little "floaty." IE. controlling players, passes, & the physics-defying football (fumbles, tipped passes)

The controls for the maximum tackling system & speeding up would've been better w/o the button mashing. Also, charging up for a move kinda takes away the point of having ratings.

Overall, it's still a great game though.

Last edited by dmt217; 07-27-2004 at 08:36 AM.
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #96
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have played more 2K5, and I'm thinking it's all graphics. The game play is mediocre, I enjoy PLAYING madden more because it's easier to move the players and the passes are WAY, WAY more accurate. In ESPN, it's almost impossible to throw a screen.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #97
Panther5407
All Pro

I'm wondering what will happen to 2k5 now that Ricky retired. O well, I play Madden anyways.
Old 07-29-2004   #98
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing about ESPN is that it is more technical. You cant be running out of the pocket and hit a WR in all out sprint 100% of the time. Not even 50%. You need to get set, get your feet set and then you can throw accurate. It takes time and practice to get good. Just because you spent a night or 2 at the game doesnt mean you will become a god. Like in Madden. IMO.

Also ESPN will have an updated roster to fix the ricky problem.

Just for fun scree shots.

Madden Vs. ESPN

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #99
Panther5407
All Pro

Nice post but I still will buy Madden. I compared some screenshots and Maddens just look tons better.
Old 07-29-2004   #100
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I respect that. Every one is different on how they think the graphics should look. If you think madden is better, then cool. I hope you have a great time with the game.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read