Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-12-2004   #61
Texas Torture
Rookie

the best description that heard of madden is that he looks like he owns a gas station. sounds like it too.
Old 07-12-2004   #62
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

A few more Texan screenshots...

http://www.operationsports.com/GameS...direction=next

http://www.operationsports.com/GameS...direction=next
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004   #63
GunnerAU
Rookie

The menu interface looks good in those screens, hopefully I'll be able to get myself a copy.
Old 07-13-2004   #64
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Hopefully? It's out next week and only $20!
Old 07-13-2004   #65
Panther5407
All Pro

Is Madden gonna have the Battle Red jerseys? I've been dying to play with those on.
Old 07-13-2004   #66
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Is Madden gonna have the Battle Red jerseys? I've been dying to play with those on.
Yeah, I read something a long time ago that they are going to have all the alternate jerseys for all the teams.

More importantly, I wonder if they are going to let us open the roof...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004   #67
SBTexans08
All Pro

Good question there Panther5407...don't know. I think ESPN will though and I hope Madden has them as well.
Old 07-13-2004   #68
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Yeah, I read something a long time ago that they are going to have all the alternate jerseys for all the teams.

More importantly, I wonder if they are going to let us open the roof...
Where did you read that?
Old 07-13-2004   #69
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Where did you read that?
I dont remember, i'll try to look for it though...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004   #70
Panther5407
All Pro

That be awesome to let us be able to open the roof. Football isn't the same without playing in the elements once in awhile weather it be snow, rain, cold or heat.
Old 07-13-2004   #71
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
That be awesome to let us be able to open the roof. Football isn't the same without playing in the elements once in awhile weather it be snow, rain, cold or heat.
I agree 100%!! Good point.
Old 07-21-2004   #72
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I just got done playing ESPN NFL 2005. The graphics and sounds are cool. The presentation is nice, but the controls are a bit odd and will take some time to get used to. Also, it has the Texans ranked fairly low, but Madden usually does too. However, you can modify the players and rank them however you see fit. It's a fun game, but I don't see this replacing Madden in my game system for me at least.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #73
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Burning Questions:

Does Reliant look realistic?

Can you open/close the roof?

Can you wear the alternate red jersey?
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #74
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Yes Reliant looks realistic.

Yes the roof is open/closed depending on the weather.

Yes you can wear the battle red jerseys.

The halftime, pregame, and postgame shows are a great feature. And yes it is worth every bit of the 20bucks.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #75
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN football is a must buy simply put. I'm blown away.
Old 07-22-2004   #76
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

sweet...after last year when Madden had Reliant Stadium with Field Turf instead of grass (The year whe had the Super Bowl!!) I swore I would try ESPN this year.
Old 07-22-2004   #77
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Its quite a shrewd marketing move to sell the ESPN game for $20. This is to persuade the loyal Madden players to give it a shot and then get hooked on the game. Next year, the ESPN game will be $50 and everyone will still buy it.

I plan on having both games.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #78
swisher
Old School

For 30 bucks less, I can't imagine not getting ESPN, especially when it looks like its as good if not better. But I won't buy both games ... I can't justify spending another 50 dollars on a game that does the same thing as the game I already have.
Old 07-22-2004   #79
dmt217
Veteran

I'm gonna pick this game up after work. Someone posted this on another MB about the ratings being way off. I'll just cut & paste them...

The ratings. Some of them are absolutely horrible, and I'll give you examples:

Doug Flutie's speed is a 59. Peyton Manning and Brett Favre (I think Favre) are both faster than he is in this game. I don't think so.

Kevin Johnson's speed is a 90. Sorry, but Kevin Johnson is not as fast as Laveranues Coles.

Rohan Davey's passing strength is a low 50. Give me a break. Whoever approved this rating didn't do their homework. Davey has one of the top 10 strongest arms in the league. That to me was the worst of the ratings botches.

J.J. Moses' strength is a 66, same as David Boston. He's also the strongest receiver on Houston. Come on. Who in the world is approving these ratings? Things like that may not seem like much, but they're so far off, they do look bad.

Also, I think Tim Dwight has the highest break tackle of any receiver on the Chargers. Since when has Tim Dwight broken a tackle? They need to get on the ball and fix these things.

Josh McCown's speed is an 80. Look through all of the QB's who are slower than he is and you'll see the problem. He isn't that fast.

Kevan Barlow. How in the world is his overall so low? He's lower than he was last year, which makes no sense at all. He should be one of the top 20 AT LEAST rated backs in the game, and I haven't checked if he is yet, but his rating is so low, I doubt it.

Sorry to rant, but when I saw these things, it made me think that whoever is doing these ratings has no idea what they're doing. I don't understand how those examples I listed above were even allowed to happen.

The game overall is good though. They should also fix the running. It looks goofy. Everything else is cool. tackling, INT animations, ESPN presentation.

I hope they fix this in their next roster update...BTW, does anyone have a Max Drive for the Xbox?
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #80
Jonathan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
The passing game in madden has always bothered me. A 20-yard QB drop back and chunk is not very realistic and when you play that is all that happens in Madden over and over. ESPN has always had a 3-5-7 step drop or you get sacked. I'm probably buying the College version of the ea/Madden game and will get ESPN for the NFL.
thats the difference with this years game. Its all about the defense. I thought this IGN article was a pretty good description of what you can expect. It's written by someone who loves the ESPN series.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/532/532060p1.html
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read