Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-06-2004   #41
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Some New Screenshots for 2005

I preorder Madden for PC a couple of days ago and it cant come soon enough

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/ma...reenindex.html

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #42
dmt217
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
However, I must admit that several of the upcoming features in ESPN 2005 are very interesting and seem like they should be lots of fun. They even have Mel Kiper rating rookies for the upcoming drafts. The only worry is stuffing in too many gadget type features and losing sight of the true focus of the game ... football. I think that the new features combined with the price of ESPN 2005 will result in a closer race between these two games.
From a simulation standpoint, ESPN is already solid (animations, honoring the 3-5 step dropback->which Tiburon addressed this year....hopefully, long bombs aren't too effective, etc.). They just need to work on a few issues like the camera (it's too close), controls, and RB BTKs.

One gameplay feature that I really like are the Right Stick jukes for runners.
Check out "Right Stick Jukes with Mr. Tomlinson"

http://www.espnvideogames.com/news/m...hive.php?gid=7

It's much better than controlling blockers w/ the Playmaker controls imo...
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #43
GunnerAU
Rookie

Well, I prefer MADDEN simply because I've yet to play ESPN, and it's rather difficult to find it over here, and I'm not to fond of ordering online.
One thing I don't like in MADDEN though is the "Comeback" AI, that's really annoying, I've lost several games to a Field goal or touchdown, when I've scored a TD to go into the lead and left them with 3 seconds remaining, they still manage to get a TD or FG and win...
Also, the running game in MADDEN works really well for me for some reason, I'm always making 1st downs, often score 50yard TD runs, but my QB throws seem to get knocked down a lot when using Carr, but not with any of my others. Annoying sometimes, but I still like it.
GunnerAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #44
dmt217
Veteran

Here's a little something for the graphic whores who claim ____ graphics are better than ____. Which screenshot belongs to ___ game? Can you take a guess?

http://www.maddenwishlist.com/editorials/screentest/

Last edited by dmt217; 07-07-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-06-2004   #45
GunnerAU
Rookie

I agree that ESPN does look better, but for me there isn't all that much difference in set two, three, but it is noticable in set one and five.
Still, since I can't buy ESPN over here, I'm sticking with MADDEN.
GunnerAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004   #46
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Another cool feature of ESPN is the video highlight. I think the video highlight is only available on the XBOX version of the game, but you get still photos for the PS2 version. It takes actual plays from your game and has a SportsCenter like analysis featuring Chris Berman. Not too shabby I like the player attitude features in Madden. Adds another level to the decision between a guy like TO or AJ.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #47
dmt217
Veteran

Great news for fans of Sega's 2k series. The new shipping date is now on 7/20/2004.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/ESPN2K5/

Last edited by dmt217; 07-08-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2004   #48
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Madden is the best football game out there today. It's not only got awesome graphics, but I find it more user friendly. For a first timer I think Madden would be the perfect game to choose. I played the others like NFL2k3, ESPN football and they all have good graphics but to me it comes down to how easy it is to understand something and then execute it on the screen.
Old 07-08-2004   #49
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Madden is the best football game out there today. It's not only got awesome graphics, but I find it more user friendly. For a first timer I think Madden would be the perfect game to choose. I played the others like NFL2k3, ESPN football and they all have good graphics but to me it comes down to how easy it is to understand something and then execute it on the screen.

Just what i was thinking. I will only play Madden because I dont like to play any of the others. I have PS2 and from what i have heard Madden is the best on PS2. I just know that i'm a Madden gamer.
Old 07-08-2004   #50
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

I like both really, but i like the gang tackles on espn as well as when you are running you can shoulder charge at command when going through the line on 3rd and 1 unlike madden. Madden is more realistic and more complex to me then espn i just dont like that at halftime you dont get any type of coverage like the hot at the half player or player of the game. I preordered madden 05 from gamestop and im supposed to get it like a week or two before it is released. What i have trouble on is what game do i get for what system i got both xbox and ps2 and planning to get both of espn and madden i need some help. By the way i dont got xbox live yet.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #51
Jonathan
Veteran

Madden 05 is gonna emphasize defense. Gone are the days where Michael Vick can out run everyone. QB's will have to get rid of the ball on short drops. I think its gonna be a much improved game from last year. I love the owner/franchise mode and if the gameplay is as improved as advertised its gonna be one helluva game. I'll be buying it, but ESPN has certainly made some improvements. If i had the money i'd probably buy both.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #52
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Madden also made the game more realistic by making the chances of converting 4th and long less, saw that on SportsCenter last night...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #53
dmt217
Veteran

EA/Tiburon took out the hurdle button this year (it's automatic) and replaced it w/ the shoulder charge.

Anyway, I'll probably get both games on the PS2 b/c I already have a network adapter (plus an X-port for NCAA rosters). I'd rather get ESPN on the Xbox though, but I don't have a Live account.

-If i had the money i'd probably buy both.
An extra $20 shouldn't break the bank. If it does, then get a Gamer's Gift Card at Best Buy and you'll get a $5 off coupon...
Old 07-08-2004   #54
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

ESPN was made from the ground up on Xbox therefore it will offer things on Xbox that PS2 can't unlike Madden. Unlike ESPN, Madden will be the same on both PS2 and Xbox since the PS2 has limited capabilities compared to Xbox. Online isn't a factor either since all EA titles are going Live from now on. Definitely get ESPN on Xbox to take advantage of it's features though. ESPN is only going to be $20 so it's a win-win situation. $70 for both titles is a hell of a deal if I ever saw one...
Old 07-08-2004   #55
Jonathan
Veteran

wow, i missed that. ESPN is only gonna be 20 bucks??? is that some sort of special or will it remain at that price. If its only that much i'll end up buying both. I thought i was looking at another 49.99 game
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #56
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well the 20 dollar price is a promotion. It's meant to make Madden game lovers take a peek at what ESPN has to offer. I'm not sure if the price is around only for Pre-Orders, or if it extends to after its release. Either way grab it up while you can.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004   #57
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

$20 will be the price....you can call it a promo. It's not only for pre-orders...that will be the price you'll find it for at your local game retailer.
Old 07-11-2004   #58
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only will ESPN be the cheaper game, it will be the better game IMHO. I've actually done a TON of research on both games, and I favor ESPN. I only played Madden for the last 3 years, but this year I'm going with ESPN.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004   #59
dmt217
Veteran

ESPN NFL fans....The new ratings are out for the top players...

http://www.operationsports.com/GameS...2005xbox84.jpg

This is the direct link to the Texans' roster....Looks like Sharper gets no respect again...

http://www.operationsports.com/GameS...direction=next

Last edited by dmt217; 07-12-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2004   #60
dmt217
Veteran

Yeah, yeah it's not gamespot, ign, gamestop, or eb.....but Circuit City has Madden's release date on 7/28/04.

http://www.circuitcity.com/gamedetai...toid=-9264&m=0

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read