Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-05-2004   #21
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i think ill just buy both. LOL
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #22
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
i think ill just buy both. LOL
Or that could work, too.
Old 05-05-2004   #23
BigTex
Rookie

I have alwayz been a Madden Fan. I go rent all Football games that come out and compare them to find the one I like the most, and turns out that MAdden is always the winner. Some of you say ESPN has better graphics,you have to be kidding me I think ESPN's graphics are HORRIBLE. Madden hands down has been the best NFL Football game 4 many years and is probably going to continue that way. Does anyone have a article to the new features and such For MADDEN 2005?!?!?!?!?
Old 05-05-2004   #24
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

go to IGN.com

that should help you out
Old 05-05-2004   #25
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never played ESPN football before, does it have the same type of settings like Madden like the salary cap, and where you can own the team for 25 years, and where players retire then come back as coaches and negotiate player salaries? Just curious.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #26
dmt217
Veteran

/\ Yes (Except for players becoming coaches...Don't quote me on that)

It's official...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05...s_6096976.html

Electronic Arts getting onboard Xbox Live

By the end of the year, owners of Microsoft's console will be able to enjoy EA's massive collection of online titles.
This evening at in Los Angeles, two of the biggest names in games--Microsoft and Electronic Arts--announced a new partnership that will fundamentally alter online console gaming.

After an extended period of negotiation, EA has agreed to bring almost its entire catalog of major online titles to Xbox Live.

The news came against the backdrop of a star-studded gala Shrine Auditorium, attended by sports luminaries such as St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk, Denver Nugget Carmelo Anthony, and the Greatest himself, Muhammad Ali.

EA has always been a great publisher for Xbox, Microsoft Chief Xbox Officer Robbie Bach told the crowd. Were strengthening our alliance by bringing EAs world-class games to Xbox Live. Chip Lange, VP of Marketing for EA Sports and Games Nation, echoed Bach's enthusiasm in a private interview with GameSpot. "We are supporting this system aggressively, putting our full might behind it," he said.

Lange also outlined EA's rapid timetable for bringing of the Xbox Live format. In July, NCAA Football 2005 will be playable on Xbox Live, with the 800-pound gorilla of online sports games, Madden NFL 2005, joining the service in August. NBA Live 2005, FIFA Soccer 2005, NHL 2005, NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 will follow soon thereafter.

By the end of the year, 15 of EA's online-enabled console titles will be playable on Xbox Live, and the selection will extend beyond EA's sports franchises. Burnout 3 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect will also be Xbox Live-compatible, as will two even bigger franchises, Need for Speed Underground 2 and a new, previously unannounced Xbox version of Battlefield: Modern Combat.

Speaking to GameSpot, Xbox Live General Manger Cameron Ferroni also revealed that EA's upcoming James-Bond-inspired action game GoldenEye: Rogue Agent will also have Xbox Live functionality. "This is a landmark in online gaming," he said, "It's good for gamers."

Of course, one question will still be on many gamers' minds--"What took you guys so long?" When asked that question, Ferroni gave a honest answer. "[Microsoft and EA] were entering uncharted territory, we were two companies that were conservatively approaching the [online] space." Lange concurred, saying there never was a problem between the two companies. "EA has always been a platform-agnostic company," he told GameSpot, "[and] this marks a turning point for gaming."
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #27
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Yup, took me a while to see what Xbox had to offer but now I'm convinced it's definitely a great buy!
Old 05-13-2004   #28
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I have been playing MVP baseball from EA. I think it is great. The Astros are a solid team in the game.
Old 05-13-2004   #29
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex
Some of you say ESPN has better graphics,you have to be kidding me I think ESPN's graphics are HORRIBLE. Madden hands down has been the best NFL Football game 4 many years and is probably going to continue that way.
Youve got to be kidding.

Here is a comparison on IGN.com

Madden '04
8.5 Graphics
From the player tats on their arms to the dreads on their heads, the detail is amazing. If only the animations could blend as well as Sega's ESPN.

ESPN NFL '04
9.3 Graphics
This game boasts some slick animations and great player models. The ESPN design elements help cement a distinct look.

The only reason Madden is rated better, as an all around game, is due to the extra game stuff. They both have it, but madden has more.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004   #30
Frailty
Rookie

Default Biggest News in gaming history

Madden 2005 Ncaa football 2005 NBA 2005 and several other EA sports games will be available for XBOX LIVE!!!!
Microsoft recently signed a contract with ea sports EASPORTS.COM reports that many new games will be added to xbox live, and an additionaly EA sports messenger will be available. This is huge for the gaming industry....
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004   #31
TexanNut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty
Madden 2005 Ncaa football 2005 NBA 2005 and several other EA sports games will be available for XBOX LIVE!!!!
Microsoft recently signed a contract with ea sports EASPORTS.COM reports that many new games will be added to xbox live, and an additionaly EA sports messenger will be available. This is huge for the gaming industry....

That's huge news in the gaming industry....old news here as there have been several threads this week on it. This is the next step in MS console domination. :
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #32
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Madden or ESPN

I prefer Madden
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #33
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Madden v ESPN

Hi

I've got both - and play Madden more. I prefer the presentation in the roster menus etc.

One problem with Madden is I'm great on offence - ranked 1st but my d seems to get shredded all the time. (I'm currently playing on the ALL PRO level).
www.maddenwishlist.com is a great forum for ideas and psoting suggestions
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #34
dmt217
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan1969
Hi

I've got both - and play Madden more. I prefer the presentation in the roster menus etc.

One problem with Madden is I'm great on offence - ranked 1st but my d seems to get shredded all the time. (I'm currently playing on the ALL PRO level).
www.maddenwishlist.com is a great forum for ideas and psoting suggestions
Let me guess...You're probably lighting up the CPU by +20 pts or more every game. This will kick in what EA claims as 'aggressive playcalling' (consumers have called it the dreaded comeback AI).

IMO, the CPU's AI on AP is too easy, so try playing on All-madden. That should keep the scores close. Or, you can always adjust the sliders on defense for both (CPU & Human).

Anyway, I've got a set of sliders for all-madden if you're interested...
Old 07-06-2004   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The MB shows that I started this thread but I never did. My post was just a reply to someone asking what to do between now and the start of the season. Funny
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #36
jags98
Veteran

I think im going to get both this year because Madden is always a great game and that ESPN is only $20! http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/243255.asp
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #37
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt217
Let me guess...You're probably lighting up the CPU by +20 pts or more every game. This will kick in what EA claims as 'aggressive playcalling' (consumers have called it the dreaded comeback AI).

IMO, the CPU's AI on AP is too easy, so try playing on All-madden. That should keep the scores close. Or, you can always adjust the sliders on defense for both (CPU & Human).

Anyway, I've got a set of sliders for all-madden if you're interested...
best example is having a 62 - 56 game against the Titans. I play the 15 minutes with accelerated playclock. The CPU though still goes with about 10 seconds left.

I'd be grateful for the slider info
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #38
dmt217
Veteran

Keep in mind that this may or may not work for ya...
AM difficulty, 12 min. Acc. clock. Each team should have about 60 plays per game.

pass lead sensitivity = 3
I forgot my sub-in/sub-out settings

(human/cpu)
Offense:
QB Accuracy: 7/10
Pass Blocking: 10/10
WR Catching: 10/10
RB Ability: 12/8
Run blocking: 10/10

Defense:
Awareness: 10/20
Knockdowns: 10/10
Interceptions: 0/0
Break Block: 15 (leave it at 10 if you control your D-line)/10
Tackling: 10/13

Special Teams:
FG Length: 10/10
FG Accuracy: 10/9
Punt Length: 10/10
Punt Accuracy: 10/10
Kickoff Length: 10/10

PENALTIES

False start - MAX
Holding - 55
Face mask - 35
Offen/defen pass interference - MAX
KR/PR catch interference - MAX
Clipping - 60
Int grounding - 60
Roughing passer/kicker - MAX
Old 07-06-2004   #39
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope our WRs, RBs, and DBs will be faster this year. Aside from Andre, Glenn, and Coleman everyone else is like low to mid 80s. Really I would like our overall team speed to be faster. That is really the only thing that I didn't like about the game. Other than that Madden is my overall favorite.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #40
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I am definately getting both games, but Madden is by far my favorite. It's something about the combination of features and realism that make it the premeire football game. However, I must admit that several of the upcoming features in ESPN 2005 are very interesting and seem like they should be lots of fun. They even have Mel Kiper rating rookies for the upcoming drafts. The only worry is stuffing in too many gadget type features and losing sight of the true focus of the game ... football. I think that the new features combined with the price of ESPN 2005 will result in a closer race between these two games.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read