Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-31-2006   #1
Andevine

Default Vince Young needs to be here

We need Vincent Young he is a leader we need a leader, Carr has had his chance, we have Davis who can rush for 1000 yards we don't need Bush besides what do you people think an NFL defense is going to do to him ??? The Longhorn defense stopped him and their defense was the toughest USC faced all season we do not need bush....we will get lineman we don't need to trade our # 1 pick for one that would be stupid, passing on Young would be like passing up Michael Jordan, he is going to be a supertstar, and it disgust me to think once again the Texans are going to disappoint me with draft...last year we could have had Derrick Johnson but NO we are stupid and passed him up .....this was a HUGE mistake.....hopefully we don't make another one this year......
Old 01-31-2006   #2
Spoda
Veteran

we also need vince because think about how sweet it would be when he cures cancer while throwing a 99 yd touchdown pass to himself without being touched in a texans uniform...while lowering ticket prices and fixing the traffic problem....man that's gonna be sweet
Old 01-31-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

texas a&m's defense stopped vince young. the 117th ranked defense in the country, in fact. and bush wasn't stopped by the longhorns. he had several huge plays and a TD. the fact that that performance is considering being "stopped" means the rest of his games must've been amazing
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andevine
We need Vincent Young he is a leader we need a leader, Carr has had his chance, we have Davis who can rush for 1000 yards we don't need Bush besides what do you people think an NFL defense is going to do to him ??? The Longhorn defense stopped him and their defense was the toughest USC faced all season we do not need bush....we will get lineman we don't need to trade our # 1 pick for one that would be stupid, passing on Young would be like passing up Michael Jordan, he is going to be a supertstar, and it disgust me to think once again the Texans are going to disappoint me with draft...last year we could have had Derrick Johnson but NO we are stupid and passed him up .....this was a HUGE mistake.....hopefully we don't make another one this year......
Lets see:

No puncuation...check
No capitalization...check
VY man crush...check
DJ reference...check
Preceived lack of college football knowledge...check
Inability to use the search function...check
Join date Jan. 2006...check
Post count of 1...check

Good, somebody who won't be here after April. Untill then...:brickwall

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 01-31-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

God I can't wait for the draft to come and go already! I am a longhorn fan, but all you VY supporters are making it hard for me to hope he has a good NFL career. No matter who we draft, unless he goes on to be the next coming of God himself, and VY has even a decent NFL career, we'll be hearing about it on these message boards forever! Also, all of you so-called "fans" that say if we don't draft VY your gone, we'll see ya! Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya! Make it that much easier for me to get tickets when I'm in town. For what it's worth, I'm in the win-win-win camp. I don't think we can go wrong here. Go Texans!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Lets see:

No puncuation...check
VY man crush...check
DJ reference...check

I second that motion.
Old 01-31-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
God I can't wait for the draft to come and go already! I am a longhorn fan, but all you VY supporters are making it hard for me to hope he has a good NFL career. No matter who we draft, unless he goes on to be the next coming of God himself, and VY has even a decent NFL career, we'll be hearing about it on these message boards forever! Also, all of you so-called "fans" that say if we don't draft VY your gone, we'll see ya! Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya! Make it that much easier for me to get tickets when I'm in town. For what it's worth, I'm in the win-win-win camp. I don't think we can go wrong here. Go Texans!

Just out of curiosity........... do you make these same replies in the pro Bush threads??
Old 01-31-2006   #8
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Lets see:

No puncuation...check
VY man crush...check
DJ reference...check

Hoth, great response. I don't even know why I keep opening up these threads like this.
Old 01-31-2006   #9
Spoda
Veteran

i just open them to see what great feat vince has accomplished...i heard he was cloning himself so he could play LT for us
Old 01-31-2006   #10
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lets see:

No puncuation...check
VY man crush...check
DJ reference...check

you also forgot.....join date=january 2006....check.
post count=1 check.

and on a side note, vince young can still eat a rubix cube and poop it out solved

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Just out of curiosity........... do you make these same replies in the pro Bush threads??
Key difference being we are still seeing an average of three new draft Young threads per day, most of them similarly poorly written and offering just about nothing new or of substance to the reader but a pair of crossed eyes by the time he/she has finished traversing so many sentences without the presence of a single period.

I hated the BUSH IS DA MAN!! x 10 / day disease when it infested this board as well. It's just that now, we have rid ourselves of one just to be hit by another strain.
Old 01-31-2006   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
you also forgot.....join date=january 2006....check.
post count=1 check.

and on a side note, vince young can still eat a rubix cube and poop it out solved
Damnit, I knew I missed something.

Time to edit.
Old 01-31-2006   #13
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Key difference being we are still seeing an average of three new draft Young threads per day, most of them similarly poorly written and offering just about nothing new or of substance to the reader but a pair of crossed eyes by the time he/she has finished traversing so many sentences without the presence of a single period.

I hated the BUSH IS DA MAN!! x 10 / day disease when it infested this board as well. It's just that now, we have rid ourselves of one just to be hit by another strain.
Could not have said it better myself.

We should make a betting pool for what the next new big thing or player will be on here.
Old 01-31-2006   #14
eclem5
Rookie

Quote:
Lets see:

No puncuation...check
VY man crush...check
DJ reference...check
Join date Jan. 2006...check
Post count of 1...check

You know you can post and talk for a hundred years and say things that do not make sense, i.e. (in example) Some QB's have been around forever and still suck others may come in a year or two and accomplish more.

Now I just proved a point with flawed logic but you did follow it?
eclem5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #15
THETRUTH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
texas a&m's defense stopped vince young. the 117th ranked defense in the country, in fact. and bush wasn't stopped by the longhorns. he had several huge plays and a TD. the fact that that performance is considering being "stopped" means the rest of his games must've been amazing
__________________________________________________ _______________
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG
11/25 Texas W40-29 13 24 162 54.2 25
A&M

CAR YDS AVG TD LG
Vince Young
19 200 10.5 3 45
Reggie Bush
13 82 6.3 1 26

So I guess vince must be a monster compared to Bush. Stats are just that stats. You can not measure HEART. Vince has it and some don't.
THETRUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclem5
You know you can post and talk for a hundred years and say things that do not make sense, i.e. (in example) Some QB's have been around forever and still suck others may come in a year or two and accomplish more.

Now I just proved a point with flawed logic but you did follow it?
Yes I did. My repsonse might seem a bit harsh, and I'll never discredit what anybody has to say. Wether it be thier first post of the 12546541 post; but when people join this board, and post poorly written (which are a ***** to read) and highly repetative posts I will bring to their attention; hoping to improve the community as a whole. The harshness comes from seeing the opening. post about a 100 or so times since the Rose Bowl

There are several posts that already state what the thread starter stated, he/she simply could have replied in one of them that he/she agrees. Which is how this place is supposed to work. The flood of "VY is teh best ever" threads HAS gotten old, espically those that don't offer anything new to the conversation.

You follow?
Old 01-31-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THETRUTH
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG
11/25 Texas W40-29 13 24 162 54.2 25
A&M

CAR YDS AVG TD LG
Vince Young
19 200 10.5 3 45
Reggie Bush
13 82 6.3 1 26

So I guess vince must be a monster compared to Bush. Stats are just that stats. You can not measure HEART. Vince has it and some don't.
young was horrible against a&m. you didn't watch the game? he was sulking on the sidelines during the game. that pretty much lost him the heisman. he got pressured, he made bad decisions, he did enough to lose the game. a blocked punt won the game for texas. what "heart" are you referring to? and what does that have to do with anything? that game is just a tremendous example of the true value of young, which is that they can still win even in his worst of games
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
I was a VY fan and UT untill all of this started, but this crap about drafting Young or else has succeeded in totally alienating me on him and the Longhorns. I mean, I'm left with the impression if the the Texans don't
draft Young (and they aren't going to because the owner and new HC have
made both their desire and plans to keep Carr very clear ), all the Longhorn
faithful would do anything they could to somehow torpedo the Texans season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #19
THETRUTH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
young was horrible against a&m. you didn't watch the game? he was sulking on the sidelines during the game. that pretty much lost him the heisman. he got pressured, he made bad decisions, he did enough to lose the game. a blocked punt won the game for texas. what "heart" are you referring to? and what does that have to do with anything? that game is just a tremendous example of the true value of young, which is that they can still win even in his worst of games
1.The Flu stopped Vince not A&M.

2. 40-29 one punt block?

3. You can not measure an athlete by one poor performance many great qb's have had a bad game.

4. lets be real if USC played in the SEC reggie bush would have a few bad games!

I guess the real question is who will be the better fit for this team because they have all lost confidence in D Carr.
THETRUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
See Jerek's reply, pretty muched sumed up what I was feeling. But I see what your saying. I would prefer to have Bush over Young. Or trade the pick for that matter. Just think it would help us win faster and I'm all for that.
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read