Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2006   #1
Sam_24
Rookie

Default Is David Carr all that bad?

Is David Carr really all that bad? Rumors all over Denver is that Gary Kubiak might elect to take quarterback Jake Plummer with him to Texas. Being that Jake already knows Gary's offense so well he could start for a year or two while Vince Young or Matt Leinart are being groomed.
Jake has grown up alot in Denver, he has alot to offer but I think Shanahan might elect to go in another direction other than that of the snake.
David Carr in my mind is not bad at all but unlike Jake he doesnt know Garys offense at all, being that Mcnair wants to win now. Gary might want someone whos know his style of play while he prepares a younger talented QB.
Sam_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #2
Texans>Colts
Veteran

David Carr isn't bad. If he had an o-line he would b good. He gets way 2 much preasure on him and not a lot of time 2 throw. Mayb if we sign plummer we can trade him 2 the cheifs 4 some people since Trent Green is getting old. He would do great in KC with their o-line i bet.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Taking Jake with in my opinion would be suicide. With a lack of production at offensive line, you need a scrambling quarterback. Jake does not fit that mold whatsoever.
I'd rather test my water with Carr.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see this happening. Any source for the flying rumors? BTW, anyone else remember the last time a QB named "Snake" came to Houston?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #5
BREAZE
Veteran

The better question would be "Is the o-line that bad?".

If Jake came to Houston the Colorado hippies would have nobody to root for...not going to happen.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't believe the hype about the hype.
Old 01-30-2006   #7
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston sports has already had its ties to a snake, Stabler that is.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just another thinly disguised how to draft VY proposal.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Welcome to the board, you should fit in just fine here. Generally, there are three camps regarding David Carr:

(1) David Carr sucks, and I do mean, sucks like no one else. He is quite possibly the worst quarterback in the league, and we have his pretty boy looks, his "homer" fans, and his complete and total lack of anything resembling skill to blame for this 2-14 record. Vince Young takes a dump and his teammates are inspired, rally around it, and subsequently will go the playoffs.

(2) David Carr is the man. The guy has never made an honest mistake in his life: it's either his O-line, playcalling, coaching, receivers, or quite possibly the fact that he cut his hair that's to blame for anything and everything you thought he did wrong. Football's a team game, and it's the team that sucks.

(3) David who? Reggie Bush is an automatic touchdown everytime he looks at the ball. Draft him, problems solved.

That is pretty much it, with only slight variation to the theme As I say, welcome aboard.
Old 01-30-2006   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I am pretty much in camp no. 1, but the only thing worse then DC would be Jake. I'll have to admit that due to some hard work by Kubes and Shanny, Jake is looking alot better then he did with the Cardinals. But, when the pressure was on, NFC Championship, the old Jake resurfaced.

Another post asked if our O-line was really that bad, and I would have to say yes again. They are pretty good against the run, but pass blocking is almost non-existant. If you thought Jake looked bad in the NFC Championship game, wait until he sets up behind our line.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #11
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately the 'love my Carr' members of this board are able to see how the O-line is the problem, but when you try and break down the problems on the team and include Carr within those problems, they start screaming 'its a team game'. I don't quite get how its a team game when you critique the QB, but its an O-line problem, and not a team game, when you don't.

ALL the problems in this team were not directly related to Carr. But he was a major contributor to the offensive problems, IMHO. So was the O-line, IMHO.

Carr will be the QB, McNair has guaranteed that practically. Kubiak will just have to get used to the idea that for at least one more year he will have to drive a hoopty, 4 flat tires, rusted paint, belongs in the scrap heap, Carr.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #12
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Just another thinly disguised how to draft VY proposal.
LOL... Are you having VY nightmares or something?
Old 01-30-2006   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Carr is that bad at all, I have always thought he has alot of potential. I think he will be good QB under Kubes.

Basically, I trust Kubiak's evaluation of Carr as he has spent most of his life either being a QB or coaching a QB, he is way more qualified then anyone I know to evaluate Carr's potential.

All that being said, I think there are plenty of us that think Carr can be the QB of the future but still has to develope, un-learn some bad habits/decision making, and render to some quality coaching. Also simultaneously believing that there are just too many holes to fill on this team in one offseason, and YES one of them is the O-Line, another one being half of the defense especially if we are going to switch to a 4-3 (at least most of the time). That is the camp I am in!

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 01-30-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Taking Jake with in my opinion would be suicide. With a lack of production at offensive line, you need a scrambling quarterback. Jake does not fit that mold whatsoever.
If I could find that head scratch thingy, I'd put it here (x)

Jake doesn't fit the mold of a scrambling QB? What's next, Jake is a classic drop back-pocket passer?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
If I could find that head scratch thingy, I'd put it here (x)
I'll dedicate this smiley to you:
Old 01-30-2006   #16
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I am the only one who thinks this but IMHO Carr is becoming the Randall Tex Cobb of the NFL! I admire his abilityto take a lot of punishment but watching him perform on the field of play sure is ugly at times!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/S.../bendover.html

OK FLAME ON !

Old 01-30-2006   #17
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
why do you think he was nicknamed "snake"?? It was for his scrambling/escapeability.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Welcome to the board, you should fit in just fine here. Generally, there are three camps regarding David Carr:

(1) David Carr sucks, and I do mean, sucks like no one else. He is quite possibly the worst quarterback in the league, and we have his pretty boy looks, his "homer" fans, and his complete and total lack of anything resembling skill to blame for this 2-14 record. Vince Young takes a dump and his teammates are inspired, rally around it, and subsequently will go the playoffs.

(2) David Carr is the man. The guy has never made an honest mistake in his life: it's either his O-line, playcalling, coaching, receivers, or quite possibly the fact that he cut his hair that's to blame for anything and everything you thought he did wrong. Football's a team game, and it's the team that sucks.

(3) David who? Reggie Bush is an automatic touchdown everytime he looks at the ball. Draft him, problems solved.

That is pretty much it, with only slight variation to the theme As I say, welcome aboard.

Actually, I think a lot of people are at (4) We don't if David Carr is the man or sucks. Because we see some good things and some bad things, but with all the excuses in list in (2), our QB position is Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. We don't know what David Carr we're gonna get.

Basically 2002 again, without the stored good will.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Actually, I think a lot of people are at (4) We don't if David Carr is the man or sucks. Because we see some good things and some bad things, but with all the excuses in list in (2), our QB position is Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. We don't know what David Carr we're gonna get.

Basically 2002 again, without the stored good will.
actually, that is closer to my thoughts than any of them but I also have a drastic lean towards #1. I have seen too many errors by Carr that shouldn't be made by a Rookie QB, much less a 4 year veteran, to have alot of faith in him. I always hope that he can turn his carreer around, but I have serious doubts.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #20
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie

Yes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read