Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2006   #1
66cobra
Veteran

Default Looks like Calhoun is our OC...

per ESPN, (see link)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2312084

Rick Dennison, who was thought by some to be following Kubiak to Houston, was promoted to OC while Heimerdinger was hired as assistant head coach at Denver
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Sherman?
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #3
66cobra
Veteran

HoustonFrog, I did forget about Sherman since I have not seen any writeups lately about the Texans. It seems like the Chronicle has lapsed on writing about any Texans news since Kubiak got hired.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66cobra
HoustonFrog, I did forget about Sherman since I have not seen any writeups lately about the Texans. It seems like the Chronicle has lapsed on writing about any Texans news since Kubiak got hired.
Yeah I missed the official hiring..was in Maui for 3 days and I really haven't read much since I got back. I'm just playing catch up but I can't find much.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #5
texan_b
Rookie

sherman if hired will be o line coach/asst. head coach
texan_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Calhoun probaly has the easiest OC job in the league. We all know Kubiak will be runnign the O, probaly running it first hand.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #7
SESupergenius

I think that may have screwed Kubiak, he now has to settle on options B or C.
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2006   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This is the disadvantage of hiring a coach that made it to the Championship Game. Imagine what our staff would look like if Kubiak had gone to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-30-2006   #9
Sportsfan
All Pro

Forget the offensive side, i'm worried about the defense. Whats going on w/that?
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #10
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I don't know if our coaching staff would look too much different, but it is not bueno not having that Dennison. Kubiak was going to be running the offense to begin with, even if we got Dennison.
Old 01-30-2006   #11
bdiddy
Veteran

Pure Speculation

I am hearing from a source close to the team that Shanahan told Kubiak that he could have either Calhoun or Dennison, but not both. Kubiak picked Calhoun. Apparently, Kubiak thinks this guy is going to be a great coach, plus he is young and will work like a made man. Calhoun has a superior understanding of the offensive scheme than Dennison, who is great with the line but not play calling/game planning.
Old 01-30-2006   #12
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Pure Speculation

I am hearing from a source close to the team that Shanahan told Kubiak that he could have either Calhoun or Dennison, but not both. Kubiak picked Calhoun. Apparently, Kubiak thinks this guy is going to be a great coach, plus he is young and will work like a made man. Calhoun has a superior understanding of the offensive scheme than Dennison, who is great with the line but not play calling/game planning.
where do you get your info from??
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #13
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

What about DC? Someone told me they hired Donnie Henderson as DC, havnt heard anything about it myself, I thought he was hired somewhere else...
Old 01-30-2006   #14
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
What about DC? Someone told me they hired Donnie Henderson as DC, havnt heard anything about it myself, I thought he was hired somewhere else...
The Detroit Lions got him.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
The Detroit Lions got him.
Thanks, by the way, does anyone know if there is a favorite? It seems the offensive side is taken care of, but we have nothing other then Hoken set for the D, something which should raise some concern..
Old 01-30-2006   #16
Capster67
Veteran

Default Hoke as DC?

I'm wondering why no one is talking about Hoke as a possible DC. He knows the team, seems to be well respected, and is a young and up-and-comer (something that Kubiak seems to like).
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #17
bdiddy
Veteran

Pure Speculation

I have heard nothing regarding the DC position, all is quite. I think the Texans are a little shocked not to get Bush. Gray was never in the picture, not sure why - though it has been floated through the grapevine that Kubiak did not like his scheme. Bates is out as he has a HUGE ego. Everyone is quite, but their has been some floating of R.C. Slocum (likely fluff). I will let you know when I starter to hear some chatter.
Old 01-30-2006   #18
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Can Vince Young be our DC maybe Head Coach

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read