Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-30-2006   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Jerry Gray accepts to coach Washington DB

Jerry Gray is going to coach Washington's defensive backs. I guess it means one less Defensive Coordinator to work with.

Link: http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wow...thats just...weird. I guess we didnt want him...

Either that.. or Bates accepted the job and gray took his next best offer. I really hope that is the case.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #3
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

yeh it seems that way. I was really hoping that the texans will be able to sign this guy. Have we heard any rumors concerning coordinator position or who we are interested in hiring the past two days.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #4
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Wow. Washington is really assmebling an all-star coaching cast.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

This makes me think we didnt even offer him the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Redskins hire Jerry Gray as DB coach

Well, he's off the market. And to think he could have been a full-fledged D-coordinator here if I was doing the hiriring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2311954
Old 01-30-2006   #7
1-3
Veteran

Default Gray to coach Redskins secondary

Oopps, just saw this had been posted and slid down to page 2...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2311954
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2006   #8
1-3
Veteran

You can call Snyder a crappy owner, which he is, but he is shelling out the bucks to put together a top notch staff. With the salary cap it really is one of the only ways an owner can make an impact. It's actually the kind of thing I was hoping for when John McClain and the Chronicle told me that Mcnair was going to be one of the best owners in the league. Personally I wish Mcnair could teams with Drayton so we could see how much cash Bob would really be willing to spend each year without a cap. And you know Drayton would have canned Casserly by now, lol. And regarding Jerry Gray, I sure hope we have something good up our sleeve because that would have been a very good hire in my opinion.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

the Redskins have gone the other end of the spectrum.. They tried to get an all-star lineup of players and failed on the field with that.. now they are getting an all-star lineup of coaches..

Interesting IMO...I just wonder if Ego's will play any part of it at all.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #10
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

This really bums me out, and I'm not sure what the deal is here. We've got an open DC position here, and a guy we interviewed for the HC position takes a DB coaching job?????? Didn't Grey let McNair know that he would like a shot at the DC position if he wasn't selected as HC????????? Does Kubiak not like the guy, or who exactly is Kubiak targeting now?
Old 01-31-2006   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He wanted to be a full DC for his hometown Texans...why did he take a DB coaching job on another team?? :brickwall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read