Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-30-2006   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What would it take?

What position could we realistically trade down to and still get LenDale White?
Who could we trade with and what would we get out of the trade?
At this point, I am pretty much on the fence on the VY/RB debate, but try and keep an open mind. Could we trade down, get White and still improve our team in other areas?
I still believe that RB is the better pick than White, but LenDale will be an excellant pro, and provide something useful to our team like a no doubt, get it done between the tackles runner... especially if we can get another impact player in any trade down scenario...
thoughts please..?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If we were to trade down I think we would be better served by drafting defense or Oline.

Taking Bush isnt really a question of NEED.. we could probably get by fine with the backs we have.. drafting Bush is about getting a possible superstar.. the kind of player that turns a good offense into a feared offense. Like Peyton Manning, LT, Randy Moss, and Shaun Alexander. Its about getting that guy that makes everyone else on the offense look better just because he is there and the defense has to cover him.

I love big HBs personally. If I was running a team we would be all about HBs like Jerome Bettis and FBs like Mike Alstott. I am just thoroughly entertained by seeing a big back running someone over and breaking tackles. For that reason, I also am intrigued by White, but he just isnt a need for us.

If we trade down.. id like to see us grab Dbrick, Hawk, or Williams.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

wait til next year and take another Bush Michael from Louisville @ 6-3 250 lbs. he is your pound between the tackles short yardage and ball control RB also has excellent speed
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

Michael Bush reminds me alot of Larry Johnson. He may not be as instictive, but the extra year in school could help build that.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I agree that Lendale will be a good pro but I don't see how he is an improvement over Davis. Both have similar style, speed, and running attributes, and with Davis tied to the contract that he is, I don't see us bringing in a guy who runs more or less the exact same way.
Old 01-30-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I can see LenDale White being a nice addition to the team as well, but at the same time at least with Bush you're getting a very fast player while with White you're getting someone with about the same speed as Davis, granted he's a little bigger and probably a stronger runner, but maybe not quite as quick and agile. I don't think he'd bring much more to the table than added depth, and if we trade down there is no reason to go RB in the 1st round. I'd rather have DeAngelo Williams than LenDale White because he's a smaller quicker RB, but still, if we aren't drafting Reggie Bush then there's no reason to get a RB in the 1st round, we need to go for defense or offensive line and maybe look for a power RB in the 4th round or later if Wells doesn't return.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #7
Spoda
Veteran

i agree with grid...i think if we trade down we need to stay with the big 6 and take brick/mario/hawk...maybe jimmy williams at 7...at the very least ...and this is very least..we get an extra second...which on this team should start to make an impact this year..lendale may be great, but it's not a need...and there are always RB's you can find
Old 01-31-2006   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I agree that Lendale will be a good pro but I don't see how he is an improvement over Davis. Both have similar style, speed, and running attributes, and with Davis tied to the contract that he is, I don't see us bringing in a guy who runs more or less the exact same way.

I guess I view them differently.
Davis is 5'9" 221lbs
White is 6'3" 235lbs

I think White will be a much more effective between the tackles runner than DD. I think he hits the hole harder and brings more with him when he gets there.
I'm not neccessarily advocating trading down for White, and I think that Reggie is the better pick if you make one at the RB position.
I do however, think that White compliments Davis better. I think White is a more north south kind of back, ala Mike Anderson who is listed @ 6'0" 230lbs.
I will admit that you may have seen more of White than I have... my exposure has been somewhat limited.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
We did it last year with morency. Except Morency was already older.
Old 02-01-2006   #10
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
What position could we realistically trade down to and still get LenDale White?
Who could we trade with and what would we get out of the trade?
At this point, I am pretty much on the fence on the VY/RB debate, but try and keep an open mind. Could we trade down, get White and still improve our team in other areas?
I still believe that RB is the better pick than White, but LenDale will be an excellant pro, and provide something useful to our team like a no doubt, get it done between the tackles runner... especially if we can get another impact player in any trade down scenario...
thoughts please..?
We could probably trade down 2 the eagles (14th pick) and get a lot. Probably this years 1st and 2nd and next years 1st and 2nd. Since they need a RB so badly

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read