Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-29-2006   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ill winds blowing

Man, looks like a high percentage of people around here think the sky is falling again.
Kubiak is apparently making terrible coaching choices... McNair is already questioning Kube's moves.. we pick the wrong player and we're doomed... etc...
My outlook is exactly the opposite, but I have to admit one thing...
This time last year I was razzing the chicken littles, and I was as wrong as wrong gets...
Please don't go 2 for 2 chicken littles...
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #2
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

The bad out weighs the good. Thats even before we snapped the up in Buffalo in week 1
Old 01-30-2006   #3
Kathmandu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
The bad out weighs the good. Thats even before we snapped the up in Buffalo in week 1
I'm new here ... I hope things are not as negative as the raiders board I frequent.

I actually think things are looking up fot the Texans. New HC that is highly thought of. Owner that will do what it takes to win. Carr/Bush/Davis/Johnson copuld be very hard to defend if used wisely. The OL can only get better ... same for the D.

By the way, sorry about dumping Buchanon on the Texans. I laughed when I read the Raiders got a 2 and 3 for him. Didn't casserly watch any Raiders games in 2002, 2003 and 2004?
Kathmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Negative things over on the Raiders Board. No way, I don't believe it.

Things are not looking up as long as Cass is driving this Carr.
As far as P-Buch and Cass are concerned, he must've been the Raiders on his PS2 and thought P-Buch would be a good fit here.
Old 01-30-2006   #5
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Most are being positive. You always get a large majority of negative posters on MBs. The optimistic fans get tired of reading all the doom and gloom predictions and move on. Only those who revel in pain and misery stick around. I guess I like pain and misery.
Old 01-30-2006   #6
Kathmandu
Rookie

Quote:
Negative things over on the Raiders Board. No way, I don't believe it.

As far as P-Buch and Cass are concerned, he must've been the Raiders on his PS2 and thought P-Buch would be a good fit here.
Yeah ... the Raider Nation is in a world of dissaray, but we'll be back.

You know, maybe this is one of those grass is always greener things, but after having Kerry Collins line up behind center for 2 years and Tuiasasopo as the backup, I gotta tell you. You guys don't know how "good" you have it.

People on the Raider board speculate whether we could get Carr for our #1.
Old 01-30-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Cass DIDNT watch any games from 2002, 3, or 4.

We found out this year that Casserly watched FOUR.. count em..FOUR games of Buchanan and made the call because he was afraid the Redskins will get him.

Yes he still has his job. In Casserly's defense...hes been pretty good in the draft. But his FA moves are just sickingly bad. I hope we dont give him the reins to the FA market this year.

As for the negativity on this board... eh.. yah it can be pretty bad at times... but really you will probably find that on ANY team's messageboard that hasnt made the playoffs or at least gotten close.

The chicken-little's were right last year.. but not because they had superior insight into the team. If you keep claiming that bad things are going to happen... eventually they will..and then you can say you were right.

We are making the right moves so far to get this team back on track. Its WAY to early to say what are chances are next year. We havent fired/hired anyone other than our coaching staff.. and we got the best young coach in the league as a replacement.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2006   #8
Kathmandu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
And there are people on this board debating whether Carr is a So-Cal or a No-Cal. Since he is from Bakersfield, there is one poster who says the Raider Nation would not want him.
Are you kidding me? We have Kerry Collins right now. The raider nation (like if I speak for them) would be very happy with Carr. I have season tickets here so i know the good and bab of David Carr. I would not give our #1 for him, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. Someone here said Gabriel and our #2 for Carr. Done!
Old 01-30-2006   #9
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathmandu
Are you kidding me? We have Kerry Collins right now. The raider nation (like if I speak for them) would be very happy with Carr. I have season tickets here so i know the good and bab of David Carr. I would not give our #1 for him, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. Someone here said Gabriel and our #2 for Carr. Done!
Personally, I think Carr will be fine, but there are MANY people who disagree on this board. Good luck in finding your QB.
Old 01-30-2006   #10
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You know, maybe this is one of those grass is always greener things, but after having Kerry Collins line up behind center for 2 years and Tuiasasopo as the backup, I gotta tell you. You guys don't know how "good" you have it.

I'll give Carr and Gaff for your rd2 and rd3
Old 01-30-2006   #11
Kathmandu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
Personally, I think Carr will be fine, but there are MANY people who disagree on this board. Good luck in finding your QB.
Yeah ... I know. Listening to news talk radio is crazy. You would have thought David Carr was the only Texan that did not live up to expectations.

As for the Raiders QB, we got Andrew Walter ffrom arizaona State with our #3 last year. A lot of people think he's the answer, but I think he's just a younger Kerry Collins. Al Davis loves Collins' arm, so we'll have to live through another season with him.
Old 01-30-2006   #12
Kathmandu
Rookie

Quote:

If only we were the GMs ... you would have a deal!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006   #13
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If only we were the GMs ... you would have a deal!!!!!
Heck, I'll toss in P-Buch for the trouble.
Old 01-30-2006   #14
Kathmandu
Rookie

Quote:
Heck, I'll toss in P-Buch for the trouble.
Deal is off now. I'll take antwan Peek, though. we need more crippling penalties on key plays.
Old 01-30-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gaffney over the last 2 years has 1124 yards on 96 catches.

Randel El over the last 2 years has 1159 yards on 78 catches.

Jurevicius over the last 2 years has 1027 yards on 82 catches

Dante Hall over the last 2 years has 666 yards on 59 catches

Etc..etc..etc..etc..

Every WR cannot be a 2000 yard touchdown machine. Gaffney is a great slot receiver and he is very useful to this team. I doubt I would take a 2nd rounder for him alone. Hes a proven player.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Etc..etc..etc..etc..

Every WR cannot be a 2000 yard touchdown machine. Gaffney is a great slot receiver and he is very useful to this team. I doubt I would take a 2nd rounder for him alone. Hes a proven player.

thanks for stopping the insanity...
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #17
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:

And you would be fired long before Casserly.
Old 01-30-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Etc..etc..etc..etc..

Well done Grid.
Old 01-30-2006   #19
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Etc..etc..etc..etc..

Those guys mean more to their teams than just those yds.
What what were their td #'s? Whas there more clutch play on their part?

Randel El is a dangerous weapon. He scares other teams.
So is Hall. Teams kick away from him when he does his returns.
Jerivicious and gaff is a push with Jerivicious having the advantage.

Gaffney is a great slot? Are you serious,.... great? Marginal at best with great hands.

Never said I don't like him on our team, but I think if we could get a 3rd'r for him we'd be able to turn that into more defensive help in the draft. Noone will give us a 3rd'r for him anyway. Besides I was joking anyways with the raider fan.
Old 01-30-2006   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Etc..etc..etc..etc..

And to add on to your well done post. First downs during that same time period:

Jabar Gaffney 65
Randel El 52
Jurevicious 54
Hall 34

When Gaffney gets thrown to he moves the chains. Last I checked, getting 1st downs was more important than the yards and is clutch to winning games.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read