Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-29-2006   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default Kubiak to call plays

Texans | Kubiak will call plays
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:33:30 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak will coach quarterbacks and call plays for the 2006 season. Kubiak is expected to work closely with offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Troy Calhoun.
Old 01-29-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I like that decision, seeing as kubiak called the plays in Denver. At least, that's what the chronicle told me.
Old 01-29-2006   #3
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
I like that decision, seeing as kubiak called the plays in Denver. At least, that's what the chronicle told me.
What! Kubiak did not call the plays in Denver. Shanahan did.
Old 01-29-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Oh good god, here we go again. Shanahan came out and said Kubiak calls the plays... also, I when did we officially bring Calhoon in as OC? I thought we were still looking for coordinators, hence the Mike Sherman talk..
Old 01-29-2006   #5
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

i like this a lot
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Look, this is for all you anti-Carr fans. With Kubiak working directly with the QB coach, Kubiak will be better able to determine whether Carr is in fact, the best opportunity maker for the Texans to win.

Last edited by bigTEXan8; 01-29-2006 at 02:23 PM.
bigTEXan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
What! Kubiak did not call the plays in Denver. Shanahan did.
Quote:
Early in the week, Spurrier resorted to asking advice from another head coach, Denver Broncosí Mike Shanahan. Spurrier, portrayed by many as arrogant when it comes to his offense, wanted to know how Shanahan handled play-calling duties with Broncosí offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak.

When Shanahan told Spurrier that the Broncos immediately won two Super Bowls when Kubiak took over calling plays, the second-year Redskinsí coach didnít need any more convincing.
Source - dated November 11, 2003

The Denver Broncos website also has past stories about Kubiak calling all the offensive plays, and Shanahan overrides him on certain decisions.
Old 01-30-2006   #8
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
The Denver Broncos website also has past stories about Kubiak calling all the offensive plays, and Shanahan overrides him on certain decisions.

Old 06-28-2006   #9
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Oh good god, here we go again. Shanahan came out and said Kubiak calls the plays... also, I when did we officially bring Calhoon in as OC? I thought we were still looking for coordinators, hence the Mike Sherman talk..
sherman is assistant head coach
Old 06-28-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You're only five months late in this discussion.
Old 06-28-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I wonder if kbhourda frequents the Titans boards now?
Old 06-28-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I wonder if kbhourda frequents the Titans boards now?
it says his last activity was a week ago, so i don't know.
Old 06-28-2006   #13
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Source - dated November 11, 2003

There was a comment earlier about Kubes calling plays for Denver resulting in the Broncos two Super Bowl wins back to back. I wonder if the Shanahan "overrides" started during that time or after those games. Not to label Shanahan, but sometimes the "Big Enchalada" wants to take over the plate after the complements start coming in.
Old 06-29-2006   #14
TexansMVP
Probowler

I'm glad Kubes is going to be calling the plays, and I hope I never have to see the predictable "run, run, pass" offense that the old Texans were using last year. Should be a good year.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansMVP
I'm glad Kubes is going to be calling the plays, and I hope I never have to see the predictable "run, run, pass" offense that the old Texans were using last year. Should be a good year.
don't you mean run,run, SACK,punt???????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read