Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006   #1
KSig44
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 39
Posts: 133
Rep Power: 9 KSig44 is ridin' the pine
Default Has anyone done a little research into Carr...

I did, I looked at his stats compared to another great NFL QB about to go into the hall and this is what I found.

Aikman's first 4 years

G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
11 11 293 155 52.9 1749 6 75t 9 18 55.7
15 15 399 226 56.6 2579 6.5 61t 11 18 66.6
12 12 363 237 65.3 2754 7.6 61 11 10 86.7
16 16 473 302 63.8 3445 7.3 87t 23 14 89.5

Pretty good, always progressing. Year 4 they were a playoff calibre team with lots of talent on it.

Carr's first 4 years

G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
16 16 444 233 52.5 2592 5.84 81 9 15 62.8
12 11 295 167 56.6 2013 6.82 78 9 13 69.5
16 16 466 285 61.2 3531 7.58 69 16 14 83.5
16 16 423 256 60.5 2488 5.88 53 14 11 77.2

always progressing till year 4, but unlike the Cowboys, the Texans in Carr's 4th year are not a playoff team, in fact Carr is still dealing with an OLine that is still expansion calibre.

I think Carr can be salvaged. He is a good QB, all he needs is talent. The fact he is still throwing a 60% completion percentage shows that all is not lost with him.

I am on the trade the pick band wagon only if we can get great value. If not then I want Bush. He is more NFL prepared than Young is by a long shot. Say what you will, but when Young gets to the NFL he will struggle hard. Every team is like a whos who of college talent, not a Baylor, not a Kansas. He could rely on his legs beacuse he was a man among boys. Now he is just another man in a league that had LB's and some DE's that run just as fast. When it comes to passing, he is right there with Michael Vick. Young needs to learn behind someone like Chris Simms did, Mack Brown can't coach a QB to save his life and the NFL scouts know it. I don't care if he went to Texas, that is the only reason that most of you are fighting for him. If he went to Michigan it would be Bush all the way.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #2
cadahnic
All Pro
 
cadahnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 812
Rep Power: 10 cadahnic is a fan favorite
Default

KSig44 you cannot come on this board and throw facts around and expect to get good replies. Man most of the intelligent posters on this board understand Carr's situation, and our main problem is not his overall skills, but his contract. Right now I feel he should be restructured to a deal similar to Jake Plummers that gives us two years at a cheap price and makes him very tradeable, but it also gives us the ability if he shows he is the man to give him a nice bonus and make him one of the higher paid QBs in the league.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Spring TX
Age: 40
Posts: 1,098
Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default

Where's the sack #'s. That is one of the reasons we're having prblems. Year 1 it was the O-line, but year 4, c'mon. The dude can't read an NFL defense. It's proven.
__________________
Kubiak is no mechanic!
Trade in the Carr and go with a Young-er model!
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #4
bigtex77
Veteran
 
bigtex77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Old River, TX
Age: 35
Posts: 391
Rep Power: 10 bigtex77 is ridin' the pine
Default

I want to trade down, and I am by no means in love with VY, but to say his passing skills aren't better than Vick's is ridiculous.
__________________
VY is the next Michael Jordan, stings doesn't it?
I wonder if we'll ever beat the Titans. I see rings in their future.
bigtex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you
 
powerfuldragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: your lady's sexdreams.
Age: 28
Posts: 17,099
Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Where's the sack #'s. That is one of the reasons we're having prblems. Year 1 it was the O-line, but year 4, c'mon. The dude can't read an NFL defense. It's proven.
check the INT's again.
__________________
disregard above post.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #6
jetdoc
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0 jetdoc is ridin' the pine
Default

$29MILLION is no bargain basement price for Jake Plummer. The year he went to Denver from here (Phoenix), he was the BEST FA/QB on the market. Everyone in Arizona was laughing their azzes off for what Denver paid him. The last 2 yrs it's toned down to a low giggle! However, he didn't have an OL here either and the system they put him in was THE WORST SYSTEM he could've EVER been in. Denver rolls him out. Not very often will you see him standing between the 2 Tackles in the pocket. Denver rolls him out and rolls the pocket with him. That's where he's at his best. Too bad that THREE different Head Coaches here couldn't figure that out. :brickwall :brickwall
jetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #7
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Spring TX
Age: 40
Posts: 1,098
Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
check the INT's again.
You can't get a pass off to either get a completion or an INT when you cannot read an NFL defense and decide to take a sack, get sacked, throw an incompletion, overthrow a wide open receiver, or scramble pre-maturely.

In the light of saying that INT's aren't bad then let's say we take away 15-20 sacks. He still leads the league in sacks I believe and some of that passes thrown would've been INT's. I say add 6-8 INT's with your arguement. Still is opportunistic.
__________________
Kubiak is no mechanic!
Trade in the Carr and go with a Young-er model!
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2006   #8
kbourda
Hall of Fame
 
kbourda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 43
Posts: 1,418
Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
I did, I looked at his stats compared to another great NFL QB about to go into the hall and this is what I found.

Aikman's first 4 years

G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
11 11 293 155 52.9 1749 6 75t 9 18 55.7
15 15 399 226 56.6 2579 6.5 61t 11 18 66.6
12 12 363 237 65.3 2754 7.6 61 11 10 86.7
16 16 473 302 63.8 3445 7.3 87t 23 14 89.5

Pretty good, always progressing. Year 4 they were a playoff calibre team with lots of talent on it.

Carr's first 4 years

G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
16 16 444 233 52.5 2592 5.84 81 9 15 62.8
12 11 295 167 56.6 2013 6.82 78 9 13 69.5
16 16 466 285 61.2 3531 7.58 69 16 14 83.5
16 16 423 256 60.5 2488 5.88 53 14 11 77.2

always progressing till year 4, but unlike the Cowboys, the Texans in Carr's 4th year are not a playoff team, in fact Carr is still dealing with an OLine that is still expansion calibre.

I think Carr can be salvaged. He is a good QB, all he needs is talent. The fact he is still throwing a 60% completion percentage shows that all is not lost with him.

I am on the trade the pick band wagon only if we can get great value. If not then I want Bush. He is more NFL prepared than Young is by a long shot. Say what you will, but when Young gets to the NFL he will struggle hard. Every team is like a whos who of college talent, not a Baylor, not a Kansas. He could rely on his legs beacuse he was a man among boys. Now he is just another man in a league that had LB's and some DE's that run just as fast. When it comes to passing, he is right there with Michael Vick. Young needs to learn behind someone like Chris Simms did, Mack Brown can't coach a QB to save his life and the NFL scouts know it. I don't care if he went to Texas, that is the only reason that most of you are fighting for him. If he went to Michigan it would be Bush all the way.
I think that most have for the most part. But the question really is have you done more than a little research on Carr?
__________________
I have officially coined the term, "Ow" Ming.
kbourda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #9
ArlingtonTexan
Moderator
 
ArlingtonTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 6,027
Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

This thread has been done several times before. I am not going to spend the time and energy as I have before pulling up QBs which had mediocore at best careers showing how similair Carr's numbers are to those guys. Not new and has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #10
bakerooskie
Rookie
 
bakerooskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A place called Puna, on the Big Island of Hawai'i.
Age: 27
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 0 bakerooskie is ridin' the pine
Send a message via Yahoo to bakerooskie
Default Do your research...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag...68/splits/2005

Here's a link to David Carr's 2005 stats, you canlook around and find his other year's stat's... Do a little thinking, and try to come up with an intelligent post... Get the fact's straight, it is the product of an inconsistant O-line, they can block for the running game... But they have a hard time holding off the pass rush... I don't know, hate it or love it, I think David Carr is going to do alright for himself in the future.
__________________
Glory to Ole Auburn...
bakerooskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Groundhog day...again
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #12
Tyr
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 0 Tyr is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
In the light of saying that INT's aren't bad then let's say we take away 15-20 sacks. He still leads the league in sacks I believe and some of that passes thrown would've been INT's. I say add 6-8 INT's with your arguement. Still is opportunistic.
I am not a huge poster, most everyone pretty much hammers all points that can be made. This argument bothers me though. Carr throws 11 INT's in 423 total attempts and is suddenly going to throw 6-8 more INT's in 15-20 additional attempts if he didn't get sacked?

Now I realize under pressure the odds increases he makes a mistake, but I seriously doubt it is that high. Some of those completions he did make was rushing out of the pocket away from defenders. Other times he would take the ball and run, it isn't guaranteed what he would do if he didn't take the sack.

423 attempts / 11 INT = 2.6%

20 additional attempts @ 2.6% = half an interception, so maybe 1-3 can be added with a worse case scenario?
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame
 
Napa Auto Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 36
Posts: 1,186
Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover
Default

this comparison has been made by the homers since the second year i believe but i think it is unfair to compare carr to aikman to many Diferrences. the only similarity i see is the number on their Jersey.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,061
Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Here's to Bush becoming our Herschel Walker


Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #15
BradK10
Hall of Fame
 
BradK10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Age: 34
Posts: 1,097
Rep Power: 12 BradK10 is a fan favorite
Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
You can't get a pass off to either get a completion or an INT when you cannot read an NFL defense and decide to take a sack, get sacked, throw an incompletion, overthrow a wide open receiver, or scramble pre-maturely.

In the light of saying that INT's aren't bad then let's say we take away 15-20 sacks. He still leads the league in sacks I believe and some of that passes thrown would've been INT's. I say add 6-8 INT's with your arguement. Still is opportunistic.
so you're saying that if you took away that number of sacks that HALF of the throws would be INTs? Puh-lease....purely speculative, and you're blinders on ever even thinking Carr was capable of more doesn't help the credibility of your argument.
__________________
For the love of God, I'm from Houston, NOT Arizona. I only live here.
BradK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #16
jetdoc
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0 jetdoc is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Here's to Bush becoming our Herschel Walker


If only Ditka were STILL in New Orleans? Oh the possibilities!
jetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #17
Tulip
Hall of Fame
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 1,864
Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default

Fewer yards than year 1. Almost fewer YPA than year 1. Great.
__________________
Addition by subtraction
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #18
Jack Bauer
All Pro
 
Jack Bauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 48
Posts: 721
Rep Power: 9 Jack Bauer is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
I think that most have for the most part. But the question really is have you done more than a little research on Carr?

Actually MOST of the Carr bashers have done little or no research on him. The real problem is the offensive line and until this situation is corrected, there is no way to properly evaluate him. I would love to put some of you Carr bashers behind his line in an NFL game just to show you how much time he has to throw the ball. I know it would be MUCH FASTER than you think right now.
__________________
The TEAM comes before the individual!
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #19
ArlingtonTexan
Moderator
 
ArlingtonTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 6,027
Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
Actually MOST of the Carr bashers have done little or no research on him. The real problem is the offensive line and until this situation is corrected, there is no way to properly evaluate him. I would love to put some of you Carr bashers behind his line in an NFL game just to show you how much time he has to throw the ball. I know it would be MUCH FASTER than you think right now.
Actually since most of the posters here did not play football past highschool with a few playing in college, putting them behind any pro line would pretty much would have the same effect.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #20
stevo3883
All Pro
 
stevo3883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: h-town
Age: 34
Posts: 733
Rep Power: 9 stevo3883 is ridin' the pine
Default

I have done extensive research on this "Carr"

it appears he is a "quarter-back" for a football team called the "Texans"

He is said to have an ongiong fued with his "offensive line", which appears to be a rival gang in the region. Apparently this "Carr" didn't pay his protection, so he was roughed up by the "defense".

This "Carr" is rumored to have dashing good looks, and a hairstyle to match. He has been said to have bedded hundreds of womenfolk, under no false pretense.

He has often been compared to "Joey" throughout his career. but now a new man is in town. Simply known as "VY". "VY" has been heard showing interest in Carr's position, and wants to run him out of town. "VY" is a legend in these parts, and stories of him stretch all the way from the slums of Columbus, to the outskirts of Los Angeles. Said to be fast as a Cheetah and strong as an Ox "VY" has made a name for himself as pulling out the win when all hopes are lost.

that is all I have discovered for now, ill get back with more later.
__________________
Go Team?
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger