Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-29-2006   #1
sangien
Rookie

Default Texans #1 goal

The number 1 goal of kubiak should be to build the best Ol and DL in the NFL.
Skill players come aalong every year, we should of did that from day 1 though the popular choice is allways the next great back, wr or QB.
sangien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #2
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangien
The number 1 goal of kubiak should be to build the best Ol and DL in the NFL.
Skill players come aalong every year, we should of did that from day 1 though the popular choice is allways the next great back, wr or QB.
Welcome to the MB's sangien.

And thanx for the enligtening prophecy that we should build O-line and D-line. We've never thought of that. I sure hope Kubes and Co. read your post, boy they would be a playoff team in no time.

Just poking fun at ya, we know that we need the Lines soloidified.
Old 01-29-2006   #3
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

while I agree that both lines should be fixed I dont think we can just give up the top pick. The lowest I would go is num 4 and pick up extra picks (2 if possible or 3 this year and a 1st next) pick up D'brick and bpa to shore up our other needs.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Its starting to look like a trade down is very unlikley... At the very least, we wont get the farm, like we had originially hoped. The reason being is that we dont want to go lower then 4, giving us a 90% chance at getting D'Brick (something weird might happen), however, the Titans are unlikley to trade up because it is not looking like we will take Vince, unless they get into a war with NO over VY, they would more then likley stay put and take either VY or Leinart. Meanwhile, the Jets have a rookie head coach and uncertanty because of injury at both QB, RB and O-Line, John Abraham might also be on his way out, meaning they will need a pass-rusher (Mario Williams?). Anyway, its looking more and more like if we want D'Brick, we will have to take him at number 1, or trade the players, not the picks with the team that drafts him, ala Eli Manning...
Old 01-29-2006   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I'm all for trading down and picking up an extra first next year. We'd end up with a Furguson, Hawk or Williams and be sitting pretty in next year's draft too. If we are that desperate for a runningback by the next draft we could always trade up for Adriean Peterson.
Old 01-29-2006   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

D. Davis < thats my post enough said
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

I dont think we want D'brick. I mean I understand the fascination for him, and yes he is a very good lineman, not better than Gallery, but good. My problem with him is he is not a complete linemen, He can play LT and maybe LG. You cannot put him in a power position and he cannot really hold up the POA. Either way my thought is with the Jets or GB. GB is the more complete team and could be looking for that RB that can take them higher. Ahman Green is great but recent injuries have them seeing Reggie Bush as a stud. We entice the Jets or GB to swap we get the 1st,2nd, 4th this year and 1st, and conditional 3rd if whoever they pick hit stipulations. I take Mario Williams if he works out like I hope he will and we start really nice in the 4-3 switch. Mario can play the LE and Peek and Babin at the RE. We can take a Javon Nanton or Frostee Rucker late in the draft, but we already have Pettway and a couple of other ex-DEs that just need to get back in the mix of it. That gives us a line of Babin/Peek, Smith/TJ, Walker/Payne, Mario Williams, then with the extra picks we look to either trade back into the first and get Eric Winston or we focus on improving the other trench with the rest of the picks.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2006   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
I dont think we want D'brick. I mean I understand the fascination for him, and yes he is a very good lineman, not better than Gallery, but good. My problem with him is he is not a complete linemen, He can play LT and maybe LG. You cannot put him in a power position and he cannot really hold up the POA. Either way my thought is with the Jets or GB. GB is the more complete team and could be looking for that RB that can take them higher. Ahman Green is great but recent injuries have them seeing Reggie Bush as a stud. We entice the Jets or GB to swap we get the 1st,2nd, 4th this year and 1st, and conditional 3rd if whoever they pick hit stipulations. I take Mario Williams if he works out like I hope he will and we start really nice in the 4-3 switch. Mario can play the LE and Peek and Babin at the RE. We can take a Javon Nanton or Frostee Rucker late in the draft, but we already have Pettway and a couple of other ex-DEs that just need to get back in the mix of it. That gives us a line of Babin/Peek, Smith/TJ, Walker/Payne, Mario Williams, then with the extra picks we look to either trade back into the first and get Eric Winston or we focus on improving the other trench with the rest of the picks.
Where'd you get your scouting report on Furguson? All I've been hearing is that he's dominating at Senior Bowl practices.
Old 01-29-2006   #9
cadahnic
All Pro

Well I have been at Senior Bowl practices. It is amazing what real scouts, agents, and coaches will say when a camera is not in their face. Remember I did not say that the guy was bad, as a matter of fact I think he is the best LT in the draft, I just dont think he is the best lineman or most complete lineman in the draft. At the senior bowl I watched Ferguson destroy rushers going to the outside, then it clicked for them and just like the Miami and Vtech game they started going inside on him and using power and he was dominated. Mel Kiper even had to eat crow a little when he had to admit that Ferguson consitently gets beat by the bull rush and inside move. Yes this can be coached, but like one long time coach told me Ferguson is not really gonna get that much bigger, and his extra size has him playing a little stiff. Now I agree the kid is a talent, I just think if comes down to Mario or Ferguson on the trade down I take Mario(larger impact) and then try and get the most complete OL as another coach told me in Winston. Now Winston has to prove to me that he is as strong and as mean as he looks. One thing that was really weird is that Winston is a pretty smart guy, I mean he has alot of brains, he is not a Matt Birk or anything but the kid is smart and a really hard worker. One thing about both these guys is that they have fun playing ball and really want to be as good as they can be.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read