Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-29-2006   #1
HeroTime
Rookie

Default The nail in the coffin.

With Leinhart and Cutler now both rated above VY, I ask do we use the #1 overall pick on the 3rd rated QB prospect just because he is from Houston?
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #2
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime
With Leinhart and Cutler now both rated above VY, I ask do we use the #1 overall pick on the 3rd rated QB prospect just because he is from Houston?
LOL at Cutler being rated over vince!

I will laugh so hard if a team picks him over Vince.

This guy has Kyle Boller written ALL over him.
Old 01-29-2006   #3
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
LOL at Cutler being rated over vince!

I will laugh so hard if a team picks him over Vince.

Or Big Ben, remember he was the 3rd QB taken?
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #4
stevo3883
All Pro

Here we go again another overhyped QB.

What makes Jay so Good?

Cannon for an arm, quick release, good size, great pocket presence.
Where have we heared this before? Oh yeah three years ago with a young man out of California named Kyle Boller.

All you Cutler lovers take a look at this

Cutler vs. Boller

Cutler
6'4
4.8 (est 40)
Senior stats: (3073 yards) (21 Tds) (9 ints) (126.1 Rating) (59 %)

Boller
6'3
4.78 (timed 40)
Senior stats: (2815 yards) (28 Tds) (10 ints) (126.8 Rating) (54%)

So, who is the real Jay Cutler?

He's just another Kyle Boller.
Old 01-29-2006   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I agree w/stevvO, hes like Kyle Boller. Hes so inconsistent, and personnally the only good thing I see from him is his arm strenght. I personnally rate my QBs Leinart, Young, Whitehurst, Jacobs, Culter, Croyle, McNeal.

Hopefully the Lions take Jay that way he doesn't have a chance at screwing up another team that isn't screwed up already
Old 01-29-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Cutler is better than Whitehurst, I can see an argument between him and Omar Jacobs as being the 3rd best QB prospect in the draft but I think Cutler will end up going as the 3rd QB in the draft. I think he is more NFL-ready right now than Vince is, but I think his potential is much less and Vince will still go ahead of him in the draft, likely #3 to the Titans, and I still don't see Cutler making it past Detroit or Arizona at #9/10.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What makes Jay so Good?

Where have we heared this before? Oh yeah three years ago with a young man out of California named Kyle Boller.

Cutler vs. Boller

Cutler
6'4
4.8 (est 40)

Boller
6'3
4.78 (timed 40)

LoL, nice job copying and pasting someone's post from NFLDC...
Old 01-29-2006   #8
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

no im not saying he won't go third in the draft, I'm saying thats how I rank them, although its sorta unfair since I've never really seen Jacobs play. and when Cutler goes 6/19 wit TD INT, and Whitehurst 7-9 TD, I think Whitehurst is better.
Old 01-29-2006   #9
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
LoL, nice job copying and pasting someone's post from NFLDC...
Old 01-29-2006   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cutler vs. Boller

Cutler
6'4
4.8 (est 40)

Boller
6'3
4.78 (timed 40)

omfg ye VY lovers are so hypocritical- i was so tempted to do the exact same thing with VY and Kordell Stewart,Akili Smith etc. id like to see what ye thought of that. However i know it just shows ignorance comparing a draft player to a bust BEFORE they've taken a single snap @ pro level so i decided against it. and i will say this alot of credible outlets have said cutler impressed alot of scouts during senior bowl week and has definitely gained crediblity as a top 10 propect and thats before combine and workouts so its possible he could overtake vince
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
you expose yourself when you make such a statement .... neither you nor I have watched enough tape of the guy to make such a claim ...
Old 01-29-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Boller was a mistake just like Carr and Harrington. I like Cutler alot and do believe he will have a better career than the aformentioned guys. Yes, this falls into my prejudice against West Coast players.

Cutler did not look great in the game, but he showed some amazing zip on the ball.
Old 01-29-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

DeAngelo Williams had a better week at the Senior Bowl than Reggie Bush.

Is Williams now rated ahead of Bush?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #14
BREAZE
Veteran

Mind games fellas...mind games. This is why trade boards fluctuate...there are motives at work that won't let up until the end of April.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #15
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Cutler is better than Whitehurst, I can see an argument between him and Omar Jacobs as being the 3rd best QB prospect in the draft but I think Cutler will end up going as the 3rd QB in the draft. I think he is more NFL-ready right now than Vince is, but I think his potential is much less and Vince will still go ahead of him in the draft, likely #3 to the Titans, and I still don't see Cutler making it past Detroit or Arizona at #9/10.
I totally agree with this statement. Cutler looked solid and I think he is an option as the 3rd QB. Maybe Detroit takes him, but I doubt Arizona does. I think they resign Warner and another aged backup and then take Jacobs in the second after they shore up their O-line in the first. For some reason I think Cutler gets taken by Miami just an off the wall prediction.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What makes Jay so Good?

Cutler vs. Boller

Cutler
6'4
4.8 (est 40)

Boller
6'3
4.78 (timed 40)

Just because two guys are similar in size and had similar senior stats does not make them clones.
Old 01-29-2006   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 185201 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Yes, this falls into my prejudice against West Coast players.
How do you feel about Matt Leinart? Carson Palmer? Elway, Fouts, Moon, & Aikman were west coast QBs. Brady went to Michigan, but is from SoCal. I don't see a higher % of QB busts coming out of the west coast than anywhere else.
Old 01-29-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
How do you feel about Matt Leinart? Carson Palmer? Elway, Fouts, Moon, & Aikman were west coast QBs. Brady went to Michigan, but is from SoCal. I don't see a higher % of QB busts coming out of the west coast than anywhere else.
I define West Coast by - born there, raised there and went to college there. Narrows the pool. No I am not fan of Leinart and recognize that Palmer is the exception. Whether or not he has the ability to lead the Bengals to a championship is another question.
Old 01-29-2006   #19
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
omfg ye VY lovers are so hypocritical- i was so tempted to do the exact same thing with VY and Kordell Stewart,Akili Smith etc. id like to see what ye thought of that. However i know it just shows ignorance comparing a draft player to a bust BEFORE they've taken a single snap @ pro level so i decided against it. and i will say this alot of credible outlets have said cutler impressed alot of scouts during senior bowl week and has definitely gained crediblity as a top 10 propect and thats before combine and workouts so its possible he could overtake vince
I dont see how you could have done that because no one in college football history has ever passed for 3000 yards and rushed for 1000 yards in a single season. You cant compare that to anyone.

Cutler is so highly toughted because he has a crazy rocket arm. Just like Boller. Remember Boller shooting up the draft boards and seeing him throw the ball from the 50 to the goal posts on one knee?? Maybe thatshow he should play next year, cause that other stuff just aint working.
Old 01-29-2006   #20
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I think that Leinart and Cutler are better QBs than VY. Young is by far, the better athlete over both Leinart and Cutler combined. But when all is said and done, I say that Leinart and Cutler will have the better QB stats. VY is a phenomenal athlete, but JM says he's not going to be a good NFL QB. I think that VY being rated as the 3rd best QB is an accurate statement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read