Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Kubiak ever send the texans to the super bowl
Yes 88 86.27%
No 14 13.73%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2006   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Will Kubiak send the Texans to the super bowl?

will kubiak ever send the texans to the super bowl?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope so.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i sure hope so but its not looking good so far if he wasnt able with the broncos with a much better roundedfootball team it will be hard with a franchise in need of so much help from QB to Defense like us but it can happen i say in about 7 years we should be in contention.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wow.. three people voted "no".

I really hate our fanbase. I dont think ANY other team in this league has fans so pessimistic and uninformed. Who would vote NO to Kubiak's chances to get this team to the superbowl?

9 years coaching and Kubiak has THREE superbowl rings. He is without a doubt the BEST young coach in the league right now. ESPN has him as one of their top 5 new coaches to take their team to the superbowl, despite the fact that he doesnt have any HC experience.

Our fanbase sucks. I wish I had been born in Green Bay or New York or Pittsburgh... even DALLAS might have been bearable. This is such a depressingly horrible fanbase.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #5
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

An offense cannot win championships by itself.
A defense cannot win championships by itself.

The Broncos got whooped in the AFC championship because their defense couldn't contain the Pittsburgh offense moreso than because their offense couldn't score enough.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Just because the Broncos didn't make it this year doesn't mean that Kubiak won't lead the Texans to one. The Broncos made it twice in the 90s and Kubiak also went there with the 49ers. I believe he can and will...with Carr as our QB!
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #7
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

I really hate our fanbase. I dont think ANY other team in this league has fans so pessimistic and uninformed. Who would vote NO to Kubiak's chances to get this team to the superbowl?

9 years coaching and Kubiak has THREE superbowl rings. He is without a doubt the BEST young coach in the league right now. ESPN has him as one of their top 5 new coaches to take their team to the superbowl, despite the fact that he doesnt have any HC experience.

Our fanbase sucks. I wish I had been born in Green Bay or New York or Pittsburgh... even DALLAS might have been bearable. This is such a depressingly horrible fanbase.
Man, it is sad to say, but I agree with you 100%. The fans in other cities are so much better than Houston fans. Why is this?
Old 01-29-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

It is hard to say that the guy will take us to the Super Bowl. Bottom line is, there were a good handful of teams this year that played some great football all year long, and they aren't in the Super Bowl. Some of them haven't made a Super Bowl in years, decades even.

I like Kubiak and think he is going to do big things for this team. I expect us to be in the playoffs within 3-5 years, even. I expect we can make a Super Bowl. But I think it is awfully presumptuous to say that we will. (unless of course we draft Vince Young, then we will make about three of them.)

I went ahead and voted yes because I think we have a really good chance at it, but I would be very hesitant to bet substantially on it. You can be a perenially great football team (i.e. Colts) and not make a Super Bowl. We are too far down the totem pole, with too many gaps and too many unknowns, to predict that kind of success.
Old 01-29-2006   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I Voted no because Kubiak will likely get run out of town in the next three years if he is not Succesfull and honestly i still think we are 5 to 7 years away from even being in contention for a superbowl. now i could be ignorant and say oh yes he is going to take us to the superbowl in he's first year and we will win the next 4 super bowls to become a dinasty but im not that much of a homer.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

fire away. i voted no as a reply to the question, "will kubiak send the texans to the superbowl". given the fact that the coaching profession is a revolving door, given our lack of talent, given that we've got a rookie HC, and given that we're building from square one again (much like the browns) ... i dont think we'll make it to the superbowl under kubiak. i've got good feelings that we'll see a big improvement, and will have a legitimate shot at playoffs in the near future, but that's not the question.

untwist the panties grid, that doesnt mean that i'm not rooting for the texans to win a superbowl next season and every season. what it means is that in this knee-jerk football world, odds are against any head coach outside of pittsburgh to have a long tenure, and i dont think a superbowl appearance is going to happen immediately.
Old 01-29-2006   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes the league is a revolving door, but the fact that Mcnair was hoping that Capers could just string a couple of wins together to come up with any kind of case of retaining him, tells me that for the most part Mcnair is a pretty patient guy and is going to give Kubes his chance. Kubiak just has to put up solid seasons and he's going to get plenty of time to get this team into the big dance. Plus the next change isn't going to be the coach It'll be the GM. Kubiak is comming into a great situation.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Kubiak is comming into a great situation.
Agreed. I have a feeling that Casserly wasn't as bad as we all think he is at his job and the last coaching staff was a LOT worse than we all thought they were at their jobs.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

I said something pretty similar.......3 years ago. Guess our fanbase isn't like fine wine, just get's worse with time. We are the screw top of fan bases.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #14
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

he wont send us, hell take us
Old 01-29-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
The fans in other cities are so much better than Houston fans. Why is this?
This MB doesn't necessarily speak for the fanbase. And we should be really glad for that. There's lots of worse fanbases than this one.

Believe me...I married into an Eagles family that splintered off into a rebel Cowboys faction.

There is really no hope for the Eagles and their snow-covered battery-throwing fans.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.

Last edited by Mr. White; 01-29-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i voted no...you know why? because i refuse to predict sucess until houston addresses its pass protection...period. Games are won in lost in the trenches, not on the sidelines...kubiak fixes our porous o-line then i'll say he can take us to the promised land.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not vote, but the most likely answer is NO! That has nothing to do with the fact Kubiak is a bad, mediocore or great coach. There have been like 20-25 coaches in 40 years to win a Superbowl. I don't know the exact number of people who coached NFL teams during that time frame, but I am going to guess at least 250, so at least 90% chance that he does not win a Superbowl.

That's why I am justing hoping.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted yes - why not? We have just as much chance as all of the other teams if Kubiak plugs a few gaping holes and is half the coach I think he is. I'll grant you that the odds of going to a SB aren't in our favor - but who thought the Steelers would end up there this year? I honestly think the Texans can do this if they are all dedicated to making it happen. Big if - but entirely possible.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
I did not vote, but the most likely answer is NO! That has nothing to do with the fact Kubiak is a bad, mediocore or great coach. There have been like 20-25 coaches in 40 years to win a Superbowl. I don't know the exact number of people who coached NFL teams during that time frame, but I am going to guess at least 250, so at least 90% chance that he does not win a Superbowl.

That's why I am justing hoping.
good post. Just look at this week’s Super Bowl. One team has never been there - ever (Seahawks founded in 1976), and the other team is a storied franchise that has won 4 of them....but hasn't won one in a couple of decades (1980). There are still a handful of franchises that have never been to one much less win one.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
This came up once before and I recall taking a look at that one rainy day. I posted it on here or somewhere else - can't remember ..... but I think the percentage was something around 15% of head coaches all time that ever made it to the SB....

Edit: I found it. This was from a year ago but since Holmgren and Cowher are repeats, the 38 number is still accurate, but the 293 number would have to be increased by the number of new head coaches in the league in '05. So, you're looking at around a 10% chance that any head coach will take his team to the Super Bowl in his career.

Quote:
(From Jan. '05)
There's only two head coaches out of 32 that get to the Super Bowl each year. Plus, out of 293 opportunities since 1966, only 38 head coaches (13%) have ever taken a team to the Super Bowl. So playing the odds, there's a 87% chance that any head coach we (or any other team) brings in won't make it the the Super Bowl.
The percentages are strongly stacked against Kubiak (and any other coach in the NFL) that they will take their team to the Super Bowl, much less win it.

Last edited by aj.; 01-29-2006 at 10:22 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read