Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-28-2006   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our Answer at #2 CB maybe another Californian?

Richard Marshall, CB Fresno State

Projected as a second rounder.. may be the perfect guy to pick up if We trade down in the second

If you watch that video you will probably find yourself thinking about Dunta Robinson.. Marshall's attitude on the field is very reminiscent of him, and he DID lead his team in tackles this season with 78, which is very DROB'ish

he is 5'11 190 and is estimated to be in the 4.45 40 range. (Here is a scouting report on him)

This guy is my new "must have" player for the second round.

Last edited by Grid; 01-28-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #2
Texans>Colts
Veteran

i was just gonna get that video u had but u had it
Well i would try 4 him in the 3rd round anyway since we have such a high pick. Might want 2 get Seoirence Moss in 2nd?
Old 01-28-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hehe.. well Marshall is flying under the radar right now.. you dont even see him on some 3 round mocks and such. I think once we get closer to draft day, and we start seeing some workouts and the combine.. Marshall is going to shoot up draft boards and be an easy 2nd rounder.. possibly a high second rounder.
Old 01-28-2006   #4
SESupergenius

I still believe Dunta is a great #2 cornerback or more specificly, a great RCB. I would like for us to either draft a knockout CB or get a highly touted CB in FA.
Old 01-28-2006   #5
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

whoooaa... good find, i like this prospect a lot
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I don't see this guy going in the top half of the 2nd round, much less the 1st round.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

I dont see him going in the 1st either... but I could see him going in the 2nd. I mean.. if you look at who his competition is.. Tye Hill, Ashton Youboty, Demario Minter, Anwar Phillips... possibly Will Blackmon if he continues to impress. I would say that Marshall isnt worse than any of these guys.. and if he does well in workouts I could see him getting projected above some of them. He is physical.. he is great in coverage.. he plays hard and has shown an ability to make plays. His biggest knock seems to be that he isnt a real ballhawk.. (but it isnt considered a weakness in him, he just isnt a guy that wows with interceptions.) and his ability to make his reads and such, and that can be coached.

I could see him going high in the second around the same time as Ashton Youboty is projected to go.. or sliding down a bit to the middle/bottom of the second.. but I dont see him going in third unless the CBs slide this year.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2006   #8
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

yeah, looks like a 2nd round lock
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #9
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Hey Grid...I brought up Richard Marshall in another thread about what the Texans should do after the first round pick. Marshall is a stud...likes to get in the faces of the WRs. He held Jarret of USC to like 5 catches, 30 yards when they played USC. Marshall would be a great pick-up.
Old 01-28-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
or

"VY is so great, let's let him run our draft. He's so great, McNair will pay him to take the Texans' off his hands."
How about, David Carr is the worst QB ever, forget Ryan Leaf, Akilli Smith, he was the worst draft pick in the history of the NFL, he is the worst player in the history of the game. He couldnt compelte a pass on a 5 year old kid, who is blindfolded and not even playing football, just standing around waiting for autofraphs...
Old 01-28-2006   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Is there a chance this thread will get back on topic or should we request that the moderators close it?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

.... get over it guys. I started the dang thread.

You are right though.. our more bias moderators have made it a habit of seeking out the anti UT/Vince Young threads and making them disappear. So, probably best that we stop having fun.
Old 01-28-2006   #13
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
...no more californians
That's really thinking. Reducing our potential talent base by about 75 million people should bring a Superbowl victory ... somewhere around the year google.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #14
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad
That's really thinking. Reducing our potential talent base by about 75 million people should bring a Superbowl victory ... somewhere around the year google.

75 million? Cali doesnt make up 25% of the population...
Old 01-28-2006   #15
big homey
Veteran

Getting back on topic, I wonder how someone who seems so talented could go completely unnoticed by the media (I swear I never heard of this guy until now). He could be the steal of the draft, especially if we draft him in the 4th round.
Old 01-28-2006   #16
bad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
75 million? Cali doesnt make up 25% of the population...
My bad. Make it 35,893,799 give or take a few USC Trojans. Doesn't change my point.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0004986.html
Old 01-28-2006   #17
bad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
Getting back on topic, I wonder how someone who seems so talented could go completely unnoticed by the media (I swear I never heard of this guy until now).
He's a junior who announced late, played for a West Coast non-BCS school and was overshadowed by his offense.

He's also a guy who might've been better served staying in school for his senior year, but I thought the same of his teammate James Sanders last year and Sanders seems to be doing just fine under Belichick.

Marshall's big pluses are his closing speed, hard tackling and return skills. Big minus is that Belichick will probably take him in Round 2. Bill seems to love those Fresno State Bulldogs and doesn't seem to care that they come from California.
Old 01-28-2006   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
Getting back on topic, I wonder how someone who seems so talented could go completely unnoticed by the media (I swear I never heard of this guy until now). He could be the steal of the draft, especially if we draft him in the 4th round.
I love your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #19
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought you guys might want to see this, just in case you haven't checked other the "Prospect Videos" thread...

CB - Richard Marshall - Fresno State:
http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

He has good closing speed, a good hip swivel, good ball skills, is a good hitter, and has good size for a CB...He reminds me a little of Dunta...No way he slips into the 3rd...If we trade down, I'd like to take him if he's there in the 2nd...
Old 01-28-2006   #20
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I really think Phillip might me good it was just the Coaching that never brought out he's full potential.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read