Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2004   #21
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP
Default Re: Big game Saturday night !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Texan_Fan
Listen, it's about something called pride. Something this team and its fans have had very little to build on the past 2 years, yet we stay with the team and we stay hopeful. I can appreciate your take on the issue but remember that is your perspective not everyone else's. So what I am saying is you need talk to some of the guys on the board before you label most people here, that have frankly been watching football longer than you have been alive, as baboons simply because you do not understand why they consider this a "big game."
As someone who was watching football since before you were alive and who can remember the Love Ya Blue era, who remembers when the Oilers with Campbell, Pastorini, Culp, Brazille, White Shoes, and Bum going against the Cowboys of Dorsett, Staubach, the two Pearsons, Martin, Too Tall, Hollywood, and Landry........THIS IS NOT A BIG GAME
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #22
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Tell that to the back-ups working their tails off to earn a job.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #23
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
As someone who was watching football since before you were alive and who can remember the Love Ya Blue era, who remembers when the Oilers with Campbell, Pastorini, Culp, Brazille, White Shoes, and Bum going against the Cowboys of Dorsett, Staubach, the two Pearsons, Martin, Too Tall, Hollywood, and Landry........THIS IS NOT A BIG GAME

Congrats you don't think it is a big game. And?
Austin_Texan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #24
geofb
Veteran

How about this wording to make everyone happy.

For the fans, this game is meaningless. For the players (especially rookies and those otherwise just trying to make the team), it's a big game.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #25
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

Nope, not good enough!!! This is a SuperBowl quailty game man!!! :hehe:

Its just a game, but its a "big" game because , for myself, I miss watching my Texans play and would like nothing more than to watch these guys do well for themselves and for our team. Oh and because I hate the cowboys, but that is strictly a personal and selfish reason.
Austin_Texan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #26
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofb
How about this wording to make everyone happy.

For the fans, this game is meaningless. For the players (especially rookies and those otherwise just trying to make the team), it's a big game.

Thank you. You got it! I've been to tons of preseason games and can't recall one single play in one single game.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I can't completely agree that this game is meaningless to me and I'm a fan.

It's meaning is small of course but a win would provide the Texans fans with a year long "Talisman against rabid Cowboy trolls" which would be nice to have. It's not a "must have" since we can always bring out our "19-10, now go away" but I hate to over use that one so a preseason win would not be unwelcome.

Plus it's a chance to see the team on the field again. This has been one long bye-week and I'm ready for it to be over.
Old 08-12-2004   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I really dislike pre-season ball but the game is an exciting development to me since this was the longest off-season ever. Bring on the games. Meaningless or not. It's football season.

There is a game on ESPN tonight as a heads up to you all.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #29
Diehardtexan
Veteran

I hope every one is healthy at the start of the season. I really think if we stay healthy the playoffs are with in our reach.
Bring it on...I'm sick of baseball. It's time for some hard hitting sport even if it's preseason.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #30
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just bitter that I won't get to see any of it until mid-week next week--NFL Network won't broadcast it until Monday at 1:00 PM Eastern (?!) and I'll be outta town until Wednesday. I'm really eager to see some footage; reading about camp online is one thing, but watching players on the field will be much, much better. Sounds like the game could shed some light on some of the ongoing position battles.

Oh, and I don't give a rat's backside if we beat the Cowboys or not. Just please, please, pray that we have no Michael Vick/Anquan Boldin/Chad Pennington-type storylines come out of that game!!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read