Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006   #1
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Default This is the TEXANS, not TEXAS

I know Longhorn football is big in Texas but this is nuts! People calling for Vince Young because he is a Longhorn? People questioning if you like the Kubiak hire because he was an Aggie? David Carr is the man in Houston and Kubiak has the background to be a great coach. It is just amazing to see people saying that they will no longer be a Houston Texans fan if we don't get Young. I think those fans are already gone and were never really behind the Texans 100% to begin with. Keep in mind that this is the NFL and college is different from it. Keep the two seperated. The Texans need to do what's best for them and it makes no difference what college background that help comes from.
Old 01-27-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
People calling for Vince Young because he is a Longhorn?
This is what irritates me most. While I am sure there is a fraction of fans out there like that, there are also those that think is he the best player regardless where he went to school. Don't lump all of us into that group.
Old 01-27-2006   #3
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
This is what irritates me most. While I am sure there is a fraction of fans out there like that, there are also those that think is he the best player regardless where he went to school. Don't lump all of us into that group.

That is funny because all of the EXPERTS think he isn't the best player. Go home HOMER!!!
Old 01-27-2006   #4
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Quote:
Did I say you are in that group?
Old 01-27-2006   #5
Caesar
Veteran

Quote:
It is just amazing to see people saying that they will no longer be a Houston Texans fan if we don't get Young. I think those fans are already gone and were never really behind the Texans 100% to begin with.
It's not ONLY about not getting Young. I could forgive them if they were to pass on Young to trade the pick. That would show me that they're working to improve a team that needs work at many positions. What I won't forgive is passing on Vince Young to draft a guy at a position where we're already three deep, and who would not contribute to a quick turaround (playing on a team with no defense and an abysmal line) any more than VY. That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

Last years unforgiveable draft fiasco put this organization on "probation" with myself and many other UT fans/alumni. Another insult this season, given the number of UT players in the draft at need positions for Houston, and I'm out. Why should we pull for a franchise that continually spits in our faces?
Old 01-27-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Texan
That is funny because all of the EXPERTS think he isn't the best player. Go home HOMER!!!
Which expert? Casserly? BTW, I am home, I live here in Texas. Why don't you go home www.denverbroncos.com.. Geez, and this guy registered in Jan 06.
Old 01-27-2006   #7
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

dude i live in corpus
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2006   #8
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Which expert? Casserly?

try all the other NFL teams. all the media except for the Houston media. Better yet name me an expert that thinks Vince is the best.
Old 01-27-2006   #9
Caesar
Veteran

Sorta like all the experts who gave Bush the Heisman in a landslide and those who thought he was better than Young going into the Rose Bowl. That had a hilarious outcome.
Old 01-27-2006   #10
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
It's not ONLY about not getting Young. I could forgive them if they were to pass on Young to trade the pick. That would show me that they're working to improve a team that needs work at many positions. What I won't forgive is passing on Vince Young to draft a guy at a position where we're already three deep, and who would not contribute to a quick turaround (playing on a team with no defense and an abysmal line) any more than VY. That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

Last years unforgiveable draft fiasco put this organization on "probation" with myself and many other UT fans/alumni. Another insult this season, given the number of UT players in the draft at need positions for Houston, and I'm out. Why should we pull for a franchise that continually spits in our faces?

I beg to differ. We are not three deep at a certain position. VM is an okay RB, Wells might not be back, and DD is consistantly hurt. Never fails, you can count on him being out 4-5 games a yr. We need an explosive player at the position and on this team. Nothing against VY, he is a great athlete, it's just not a player we need. We have a QB with a great arm just need better coaching and a better line. Everyone is saying he will not lead us to a championship...LOL...look at Indy, Manning can't lead them to a championship. Texans don't need to draft VY. We can upgrade the O-Line through FA, maybe a trade or two. Pick up a couple of defensive players through the draft for depth and maybe go after some quality defensive players. It can be done. Nothing against UT either, we just don't need another QB when we already have one, or maybe we all want to wait another 4 yrs before we can start talking playoffs if we do take VY. Just because he was at UT and because he is a hometown boy. I don't think so!
Old 01-27-2006   #11
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Sorta like all the experts who gave Bush the Heisman in a landslide and those who thought he was better than Young going into the Rose Bowl. That had a hilarious outcome.

Whose to say he still isn't? I remember this being a team sport and you win or lose as a team not because you are the best player in college.
Old 01-27-2006   #12
bakerooskie
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to bakerooskie
Default Open minded comment...

Just wait and see what the team is going to do... No more Bush/Vince post's... Just sit back and relax, and ignore the hype.
Old 01-27-2006   #13
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerooskie
Just wait and see what the team is going to do... No more Bush/Vince post's... Just sit back and relax, and ignore the hype.

Sorry Lincoln but I don't think this Civil war is ending any time soon
Old 01-27-2006   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which expert? Casserly? BTW, I am home, I live here in Texas. Why don't you go home www.denverbroncos.com.. Geez, and this guy registered in Jan 06.
Right now it is accurate to say most projections have Leinart going before Young and some folks are even talking about Cutler jumping above Young as well. Personally, I would take Young over Leinart in a heartbeat. I haven't seen enough of Cutler to have a judgment.
Old 01-27-2006   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Right now it is accurate to say most projections have Leinart going before Young and some folks are even talking about Cutler jumping above Young as well. Personally, I would take Young over Leinart in a heartbeat. I haven't seen enough of Cutler to have a judgment.
I was thinking too about Leinart about halfway through the season. Once it starting becoming obvious to me that Carr wasn't going to pan out I started watching Leinart more closely. I even posted about it here and some of you felt Leinart was overhyped and had a bad wheel. The thought of VY never crossed my mind because I was convinced he would stay in school.
Old 01-27-2006   #16
tex
Veteran

[quote=Caesa. That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

Last years unforgiveable draft fiasco put this organization on "probation" with myself and many other UT fans/alumni. Another insult this season, given the number of UT players in the draft at need positions for Houston, and I'm out. Why should we pull for a franchise that continually spits in our faces?[/QUOTE]
I don't blame you,why don't you go now?
Old 01-27-2006   #17
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

The idea that this organization owes UT alumni ANYTHING is preposterous. I've read some pretty stupid comments on this board this past month, but nothing has actually pissed me off like yours just did.

As if being a UT fan entitles you to some sort of holier than thou status that anybody would actually care if you put this organization on "probation" because they don't draft Longhorns.

Spits in your face!? The fact that you actually think the Texans have some sort of conspiracy going to not draft players from UT proves to me how distorted your reality is and really makes me question your sanity. If the Texans drafted players solely based on what a few people with burnt orange colored glasses want, then THAT would be spitting in our face.

I went nuts when Texas beat USC, but now I wish they had lost.

And before your post, I was happy with whoever the Texans drafted, but now I hope to God we draft Bush so you can put them on "permanent probation" and leave us all alone.
Old 01-27-2006   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the "draft Vince" camp but I'm gonna be realistic. The new coach has given every indication that is not going to be an avenue he goes down. Fine.
It's not something I control anyway.

I think the majority of fans that are in the Vince camp though feel he WILL go to the Titans and he WILL be an impact player for them eventually.

Now that would hurt.
Old 01-27-2006   #19
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 16 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Great point - I support drafting Vince because he is a great player (the best this year IMHO) and Houston is his home town. I not sure why so many have trouble understanding that not everyone who wants VY bleeds orange.
Old 01-27-2006   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember guys...teams don't listen to the fans for football advice.

All they want is your money for seats and to know if you prefer if they sell Coke or Pepsi.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read