Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2006   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans are doing a great job in making me hate this team

Let me lay down my credentials. I grew up in Houston and grew up being a diehard Houston sports fan. I lived and breathed Oilers football and whenever they lost I was down until Wednesday. Even now that I live in New York I follow all the Houston sports teams via the internet and listen to Houston sports talk over the internet and I make it home often to attend at least 3 Texans games a year.

I have been around these message boards for a while. In fact I was on the LA Times message board starting around 1999 discussing the expansion process and one of the Houston posters even went to the Chicago for the owner's meeting. I was ecstatic when we were awarded another team and loved the logo (not really the name) and was excited about everything about our new team. I own field box PSLs with my family and have spent a lot of money on this team. I thought with McNair we would have a golden age of football in Houston and that we finally had the owner we always deserved.

Well things haven't worked out so well. We had one of the most incompetent coaching staffs in NFL history over the past 4 years. These guys should have been gone a long time ago. McNair has let Casserly and his Reign of Error destroy the expansion bounty of draft picks and free agents which should have laid a foundation for success for this team. He has not addressed the offensive line since the beginning and he has made egregious errors that all of us know about. I have hated his drafts since the beginning. I was fine with Carr at the time but the rest of his picks even in that first draft were average to terrible. That Casserly still has a job is ridiculous.

Basically, I love Houston and am a Houston homer all the way around. However, if the Texans pass on VY and pick Bush instead that will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team. I have great amount of anger towards this team. I feel that McNair sticks with losers like Carr and Capers way too long and is not proactive enough. The albatross, Casserly, is not going to admit to his mistake with Carr. We have witnessed boring football and a try not to make the score not like bad while not trying to win attitude that drove me crazy.

If the Texans want to be the Texags and associate with the losing tradition of aggy football that is fine by me. But they won't have me as a fan and I will root against them with great vigor. I am not alone in this regard. Checkout hornfans.com and see what other Houston UT fans have to say about this. A team that will pass on VY who would recapture the excitement we all felt when we beat the Cowboys in the first game multiplied by ten and would rather keep Carr is no team of mine. This is such a no brainer yet these guys will screw it up. I am so angry and disheartened by this team. Y'all can have Kubiag and the rest of these losers while I won't have team anymore like when the Oilers left. I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't the price of gasoline just shoot up? Get ready for some flames....
Old 01-27-2006   #3
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

there's the door...and i hope it hits you square in the rear on the way out

go check out other team's forums...people here are the only ones enamored with Vince
Old 01-27-2006   #4
Xman
Veteran

Good Riddance
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a personal problem.
Old 01-27-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Aren't you the lawyer that talks about sueing them all of the time, or do I have you confused with another fair weather fan?
Old 01-27-2006   #7
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

There are 31 other teams that need fans. Take off!
Old 01-27-2006   #8
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

You don't seem like a real Texans fan to me. See ya!
Old 01-27-2006   #9
donbmt
Veteran

Your last paragrah gives you away, go crawl back in the burnt orange hole you came from.
Old 01-27-2006   #10
Long Baller
Rookie

LATER

I went to UT, own PSL's and think VY is assume as well, but whatever management decides I am behind them. It would be a great story and I am sure he would be exciting to watch, but I personnally think QB is not our possition of greatest need.

Enjoy your new team: at least until they make a move you do not approve of...
Old 01-27-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Another ode to Vince Young played on a rusty trombone.
Old 01-27-2006   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

You are doing a great job in making me hate you.

Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #13
sportsguyla
Rookie

Default Bye Bye

You arent a real fan.
sportsguyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

your history with the Houston franchise is no more extensive or strenuous than thousands of other Houston fans. I imagine there are a good deal more people on this board who have an even greater history of Houston "fandom" than you.. and they make no threats of "quitting on the team" because a player they like may not be drafted.

This is a team sport, and if you arent capable of being a fan of the TEAM..then I recommend following a sport that is less cumbersome to your hero worship... like Tennis, Golf, Boxing, or Nascar.

In football.. a teams success depends on alot more than one player.. no matter what position he plays. Our staff will make the choice that is best for this team.. and if you cant accept that, then leave. You wont be missed.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Later, man...

See you on the bandwagon in a couple years...
Old 01-27-2006   #16
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that was your last post
Old 01-27-2006   #17
whiskeyrbl

You fail to realize McNair was a rookie Owner 4 years ago,and probably listened to alot of "Football savy experts".I think he learned his lesson and probably has a little more game sense than he did in 2002.So good luck with your VY.I am starting to wonder how Pro Football existed all these years without Vince.
Old 01-27-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I could get verbose, but I won't, because I would be wasting my time. Though I actually read your entire post against my better judgment, hoping to salvage one piece of useful information or sentiment that I had perhaps missed out on, alas I did not find it. Deuces to you and the horse you rode in on. I won't lose any sleep tonight.
Old 01-27-2006   #19
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

You love VY because he is a good player that went to UT. You hate Kubiak because he went to A&M. Weak. Is there a point to this post other than as flamebait?
Old 01-27-2006   #20
Long Baller
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo
"Another ode to Vince Young played on a rusty trombone."

have you ever seen vince young play? the only thing that looks rusty are the defenders

Rose bowl
reggie bush 177 total yds
Vince Young 467 total yds

on the same field, it was obvious who carried leadership and his team, why would anyone NOT want that for the Texans??
I don't think anyone has ever debated that VY isn't good/great, but this is a football decision not a decision about who you want to see.

Let's pick VY, trade our 2nd and 3rd and move back into the 1st and pick Huff then we can come back with our other 3rd and pick Thomas. Happy now???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read