Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2006   #1
texan61
Rookie

Default Possible FA Ol

What FA OL do you think that Casserly will go after.
texan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I would hope he would go after big names like Steve Hutchison or LeCharles Bentley, but I'm not sure where we are in relation to the cap, so that may just be a pipe dream...There have been rumors of Denver LT Matt Lepsis and OC Tom Nalen wanting to follow Kubiak over here, but I'll believe it when I see it...I'm thinking this offseason will mimic last offseason, when the only two OL we attempted to sign, IIRC, were Matt Lehr and Victor Riley...That sure worked out great for us...
Old 01-27-2006   #3
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

"Bentley, 26, will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. He probably is the free agent the Saints would most like to re-sign next year, but he also might be the premier center available on the open market.

Bentley is expected to seek a contract similar to the one the Carolina Panthers gave free-agent guard Mike Wahle last year to lure him from the Green Bay Packers. Wahle reportedly signed a five-year deal worth up to $28 million with $11.5 million in bonuses."

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index...9737277260.xml

LeCharles Bentley (26yrs, 2x Pro Bowler), this is who they should make every effort to sign. Went to the Pro Bowl as both a center and guard. Sign this man.

Edit: Link has been updated, should work now

Last edited by TexanAddict; 01-27-2006 at 11:35 AM.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict
"Bentley, 26, will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. He probably is the free agent the Saints would most like to re-sign next year, but he also might be the premier center available on the open market.

Bentley is expected to seek a contract similar to the one the Carolina Panthers gave free-agent guard Mike Wahle last year to lure him from the Green Bay Packers. Wahle reportedly signed a five-year deal worth up to $28 million with $11.5 million in bonuses."

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index...9737277260.xml

LeCharles Bentley (26yrs, 2x Pro Bowler), this is who they should make every effort to sign. Went to the Pro Bowl as both a center and guard. Sign this man.
OUCH!!
Old 01-27-2006   #5
justtxyank
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 justtxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut McKinney and use his money to sign a new lineman.
justtxyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Bentley sounds like he would be a solid pick-up.
Old 01-27-2006   #7
Jack Bauer
All Pro

I think we can get Nalen cheaper than Bentley, so I would pursue him. Then I would also pursue Hutchison.
Old 01-27-2006   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Be nice to have some of that Todd Wade money back. He is a bit oversized for what Denver has traditionally gone after.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
I think we can get Nalen cheaper than Bentley, so I would pursue him.
MIGHT be cheaper, but probably not smarter. Bently is 26 years old and Nalen is 35. Bently has been to the probowl 3 time in 4 year (1 as G and 2 as Center) and Nalen 5 times. One hitting his prime and the other at the end of his career. I would pay a 50% premium over Nalen for Bently just due to the age factor. I see both about the same skill wise.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #10
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
I think we can get Nalen cheaper than Bentley, so I would pursue him. Then I would also pursue Hutchison.
Not to mention that the price that will probably be required to get Hutchison out of Seattle would be greatly more than Bentely's asking price
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006   #11
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Why not both, Bentley can play Guard.
That sounds fine to me. I was thinking we can groom Hodgdon to play Center, so we don't need Bentley there (why I said go after Nalen for the short term). I wasn't thinking of moving Bentley to guard. I would rather have Bentley than Hutchison, but either would be an upgrade obviously.
Old 01-27-2006   #12
Htown34s
Veteran

Casserly stated a few weeks back that we would not be targeting any big name free agents. But it is Casserly we're talking about, so take that FWIW.
Old 01-27-2006   #13
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Exactly what Denver has looked for in its zone-blocking...Looking at our scheme and personel, what were we thinking? Denver uses smaller quicker O-linemen...we go for Todd Wade and Victor Riley? It would really be nice if our staff acctually got its crap together...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read