Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2006   #1
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Default kubiak might not be the savior

kubiak was a good hire and i am glad we took him. however he has never been a head coach before so we can not know whether he is going to be any good or not. there is a lot of difference between a good head coach and a good coordinator. just ask dom.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #2
Mario Williams
Rookie

"so we can not know whether he is going to be any good or not." So we go ahead and assume he isn't our savior? Logical.

Did you make this topic because you're upset about us not going to pick Vince Young?
Old 01-26-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Looks like a thread that can be deleted to me.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

You are right. We should have tried to grab Mack Brown! Darn, we really missed the boat on that one...
Old 01-26-2006   #6
real

You all are silly...First you accuse him of assuming, then you turn around and do the same thing...wow...has the atmosphere gotten so bad on this board that you all start jumping down peoples throats and finding hidden agendas when all this person was trying to do was talk about something different ???
Old 01-26-2006   #7
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes.
Old 01-26-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
You all are silly...First you accuse him of assuming, then you turn around and do the same thing...wow...has the atmosphere gotten so bad on this board that you all start jumping down peoples throats and finding hidden agendas when all this person was trying to do was talk about something different ???
Wait - are you suggesting that people read between the lines, spin what they hear beyond recognition, and make up conspiracy theories to suit their own agenda? On this board?????
Old 01-26-2006   #9
real

No.
Old 01-26-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

32 NFL Coaches were never a NFL Coach before they became a Coach in the NFL.
Old 01-26-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Wait - are you suggesting that people read between the lines, spin what they hear beyond recognition, and make up conspiracy theories to suit their own agenda? On this board?????
I have no comment for all of that, My question was..."has the atmosphere gotten so bad on this board that you all start jumping down peoples throats and finding hidden agendas when all this person was trying to do was talk about something different ??? "

Now you can read between the lines like the other previous posters or you can take it for what it is...
Old 01-26-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I was joking. I think everybody might want to turn it down a notch.
Old 01-26-2006   #13
real

I know...I was joking too
Old 01-26-2006   #14
bayshorebevo
Veteran

all i was saying was that people are jumping up and down like they are positive we have the next vince lombardi. i hope we do. just saying we have no way of knowing that yet.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #15
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush
Did you make this topic because you're upset about us not going to pick Vince Young?
While I have to admit it, the Texans will probably sign DC's option contract and we will be stuck with the loser for 3 more years. But, they haven't signed it yet. And it ain't over 'till its over.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope Carr learns quickly from Kubiak and hits the ground running this next season... otherwise we are going to have to deal with the Carr haters for MONTHS more after the offseason is over.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #17
real

You are right... I don't really have any comments about the Texans at this point...Of course as a fan I have several preferences, but at this point I'd rather read and observe...
Old 01-26-2006   #18
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebevo
kubiak was a good hire and i am glad we took him. however he has never been a head coach before so we can not know whether he is going to be any good or not. there is a lot of difference between a good head coach and a good coordinator. just ask dom.

Yeah yeah what ever. VY has never been a pro QB but you don't mind singing his praises. We don't know if he will be any good or not either. Lot of difference between being a good college QB and a good pro QB. I am sure that whatever team drafts VY has room on board for you.
Old 01-26-2006   #19
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebevo
Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis are just some examples of people that can turn franchises around!!!! Lewis was a defensive coordinator and he has one of the most exsplosive offenses in the league!!!!Your argument is weak!!!
Old 01-26-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I really hope Carr learns quickly from Kubiak and hits the ground running this next season... otherwise we are going to have to deal with the Carr haters for MONTHS more after the offseason is over.
I think we'll be all right. This past season has made everybody extremely negative. I think the majority of people here think the coaching was a major problem in 2005; well, the coaches are gone and it looks like we're getting at least a competent staff to replace them. However, last season has left such a bad taste in everyone's mouths that many seem to think we are still going to be just as bad without a major overhaul in talent - in other words they don't really trust the coaching was the cause. They know it in their heads, but not their hearts.

I don't think that the talent is that bad. I think our players were much closer to the almost .500 team of 2004; I'm confident they will be eager to show that in 2006. We have decent players, we'll now have decent schemes and we'll put the best players on the field - two things our coaches didn't do last year.

So with the good coaching and just one or two good acquisitions, I think we'll be at least .500 next year, with another good leap in 2007 as everybody gets comfortable as a team and is ready to let loose.

We need to put 2005 behind us - it was the aberration caused by coaching. If we have to consider the slide at the end of 2004, that was the coaching too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read