Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default How long will it take Carr to...

..turn it around?? How long before he starts to look like the QB you, McNair, Kubiak, et.. al.. think he is capable of being?? mid-season?? 2007??

How long should I wait, before I say I told you so??
Old 01-26-2006   #2
Mario Williams
Rookie

Why don't you stop trolling?
Old 01-26-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

not next season.. but around week 8 of the season after. so.. 2008.

Next season he isnt given a "free ride".. but he will be learning a new offense.. so he cant really be expected to be a top 10 QB.. but he IS expected to show marked improvement. And when I say improvement im not talking small things.. I mean he needs to show more confidence in the pocket.. better instincts.. and the ability to manage the game, and get wins.

if he shows all that.. then coming into the 2008 season..by about the mid point I expect to see a finished product. An NFL QB that can take you to a superbowl.

If he isnt very impressive next season but still shows improvement.. I would still expect us to look into bringing in a QB to groom through the draft next year.. or possibly look into getting Phillip Rivers if Brees is still the man in SD.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #4
BREAZE
Veteran

The very minute he gets 2 seconds in the pocket...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #5
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

In Jake's first year with Koobs he went 9-3 as a starter(injuries kept out of 4 games). He threw for 15tds and only 7 ints with a passer rating of 91.2. Oh and he took the 10-6 Broncos to the playoffs. So I don't see why he can turn it around next year. Koobs took Plummer who had a career avg passer rating of 69 and turned him into a 90s type of QB. Carr has a career passer rating of 73, plus has thrown more td than ints the past two seasons. I think Carr will do just fine next year. Prediction high passer rating around 88-90.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #6
chall8
Rookie

I'm hoping for the best with DC, but am not holding my breath. He's a serviceable QB, nothing more and nothing less.
Old 01-26-2006   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

at least a quarter of calling plays....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2006   #8
Caesar
Veteran

Quote:
How long will it take Carr to turn it around?? How long before he starts to look like the QB you, McNair, Kubiak, et.. al.. think he is capable of being?? mid-season?? 2007??
Around the year Vince Young wins a Super Bowl with his team.

Quote:
The very minute he gets 2 seconds in the pocket...
And how do we get to that point? Take another runningback! Brilliant!
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
not next season.. but around week 8 of the season after. so.. 2008.

Next season he isnt given a "free ride".. but he will be learning a new offense.. so he cant really be expected to be a top 10 QB.. but he IS expected to show marked improvement. And when I say improvement im not talking small things.. I mean he needs to show more confidence in the pocket.. better instincts.. and the ability to manage the game, and get wins.

if he shows all that.. then coming into the 2008 season..by about the mid point I expect to see a finished product. An NFL QB that can take you to a superbowl.

If he isnt very impressive next season but still shows improvement.. I would still expect us to look into bringing in a QB to groom through the draft next year.. or possibly look into getting Phillip Rivers if Brees is still the man in SD.

I'm sorry, but if this is your best answer, I'm saying it now. If we're going to be waiting 3 years(2006, 2007, 2008) before Carr is a top 10 QB, we should go ahead, and get Vince right now.

IF.... IF, it is possible that we may be looking for a QB in next years draft, we might as well get Vince now.
Old 01-26-2006   #10
chall8
Rookie

I have to agree that we can't wait until Week 8 of 2008 to determine whether David Carr can be a solution for this team.

I think this team needs to make a run for the playoffs in 2007 or we're drafting a new QB in the 2008 draft.
Old 01-26-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hmm.. im sorry i messed my years up .. i was thinking this next season would be the 2007 season.

What i meant is I would give him all of this next season..expecting marked improvement.. and then up to week 8 of the next season (2007) to show that he is an NFL QB that can take us to the superbowl.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #12
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
David Carr, Andre Johnson, Dominick Davis..........I thought last year they were on the verge of being the next big thing.........I thought this year was going to be their breakout year....

I honestly don't know what happened.......but there is no way I can fault Carr. He's done some stupid things this season, but aside from Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady, Every NFL QB has done some stupid things.......Favre, McNabb, Leftwich.........Get us an offensive line that works, stop looking at the wrong end of a problem, and maybe we can start winning some games.

..............just my 2
hmmm...
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #13
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

I've thrown out some really good points on why Carr will be great with Koobs. Using past experiences. But now I see no one here cares because they all want a reason to take VY. LOOK GUY VY IS NOT GOING TO BE OUR NEXT QB. Look it happens, home town guys don't always play for the home town team. Yeah it sucks, but VY isn't right for this team. Not now, and he will only hurt this team in developing into a champion soon! Half of you guys are thick head morons that don't know a lick of what you are talking about and only want VY because of all the hype and the fact that he is from Houston. Hell if Houston is going to make a decision in the draft because of home town hype then this franchise really has no chance of winning!
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #14
chall8
Rookie

Quote:
What i meant is I would give him all of this next season..expecting marked improvement.. and then up to week 8 of the next season (2007) to show that he is an NFL QB that can take us to the superbowl.
Yeah I can live with that.
Old 01-26-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
..turn it around?? How long before he starts to look like the QB you, McNair, Kubiak, et.. al.. think he is capable of being?? mid-season?? 2007??

How long should I wait, before I say I told you so??
I think DC can be at least at a level of a Trent Dilfer-type QB within next season. He might not win games on his own, but he won't lose them. And remember, Dilfer has a ring.

How long should you wait? When did you start waiting?
Old 01-26-2006   #16
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

The fans will give him less time than they gave him this year, which was less than one home game.

The first time a drive stalls because of a bad decision by Carr - the boos will be heard.

And before anyone attacks me - in 32 home games I have never booed David Carr.
Old 01-26-2006   #17
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Allot of it will depend on what else is done in the offseason. If the talent around DC doesn't improve significantly, it will take longer. Jake had a good football team around him in Denver when he took over. David doesn't. Personally, I wouldn't expect to see much improvement for the first half of next season. From the midway point of next season until the end, I would expect to see DC show some signs of improvement.

I also think they need to bring someone in to push and mentor David. An older, solid veteran who really isn't competing with DC for the starting position, but someone who can remind him that he is replaceable. One of the problems I had with Capers was not benching David. Sometimes the fear of losing your job will make you perform better.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
The fans will give him less time than they gave him this year, which was less than one home game.

The first time a drive stalls because of a bad decision by Carr - the boos will be heard.

And before anyone attacks me - in 32 home games I have never booed David Carr.

What she said!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #19
LoneStarState
Veteran

Until we see a real offense with a real OL, we won't know what this team is capable of. All I know is that the game where Carr finally got to call the plays was the best I had seen him and the offense play in 4 years. And then the coaches took over in the 2nd half and we lost...

I'm not a Carr homer, but even the most critical of critics would have to admit that he carried is own when he called the plays.
Old 01-26-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
I'm not a Carr homer, but even the most critical of critics would have to admit that he carried is own when he called the plays.
No they wouldn't. the replys would be:

1. He didn't call the plays, the coaches actually did.(someone actually said that one)
2. It was acedental, the sun was in the defenses eyes.
3. It never happend, it was a scorboard malfunction.
4. It was a bad defense.
5. Vince changed the aura of the univers momentarily and and helped Carr.

And what ever absurd crud they can dream up in their hate induce frenzy.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read