Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2006   #1
66cobra
Veteran

Default Jeb Putzier, TE (Denver) possible UFA?

I don't know if it is the right forum to post this but I have Fox Sports on my cellphone and it said in the NFL forum under "Senior Bowl Buzz" that Denver may not pick up the $1.5 million extension on Putzier, as it has 2 TEs they like, one is under contract until 2007 and the other TE they are trying to develop by sending to NFLE.

If the extension is not picked up by Denver, Putzier becomes a UFA. It seems that he would be a perfect fit for the Texans offensive scheme with Kubiak. What do you think?

I apologize for not providing a link, but since I saw it on my cell phone, I don't really have a link to it.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #2
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66cobra
I don't know if it is the right forum to post this but I have Fox Sports on my cellphone and it said in the NFL forum under "Senior Bowl Buzz" that Denver may not pick up the $1.5 million extension on Putzier, as it has 2 TEs they like, one is under contract until 2007 and the other TE they are trying to develop by sending to NFLE.

If the extension is not picked up by Denver, Putzier becomes a UFA. It seems that he would be a perfect fit for the Texans offensive scheme with Kubiak. What do you think?

I apologize for not providing a link, but since I saw it on my cell phone, I don't really have a link to it.
Old 01-26-2006   #3
SBTexans08
All Pro

Here's the link..................

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5276952

Quote:
The Denver Broncos have an important decision to make by March 1. That is whether to pick up the $1.5 million option on tight end Jeb Putzier's contract or let him become an unrestricted free agent. The team is trying to develop first-year tight end Wesley Duke, whom they are sending to NFL Europe. They also have veteran tight end Stephen Alexander, who is under contract through 2007. According to a league source, it's possible that Putzier ends up with San Francisco if Denver doesn't pick up the option. Oft-injured TE Eric Johnson's contract is up after 2006.
Old 01-26-2006   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

What's nice about Putzier is that we know he can take a shot. Man, that dude got his bell rung more than anybody else this year. He's got solid hands. It's nice to see all these solid, well-rounded players following Kubes. Speaks volumes about him. I wonder if players outside the Broncos would like to play for Kubes.
Old 01-26-2006   #5
66cobra
Veteran

Thanks SBTexans08 for providing the link....
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #6
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66cobra
Thanks SBTexans08 for providing the link....
No problem buddy!
Old 01-26-2006   #7
SESupergenius

He was one of the Free Agents I wanted us to pick up last year. See: http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...hlight=Putzier

He would have only cost us a 6th rounder at that time. He's pretty good and I am wondering what he will be commanding on the open market.
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2006   #8
BroncoFan
Rookie

Being a bronco fan. I think they will keep Putzier, probably get rid of stephen alexander and send wesley duke to NFL Europe. Congrats again Texans on getting on hell of a coach in Kubiak. I watched his press conference and believe he is the right fit for the texans. Denver sure is going to miss him. You guys will be in the playoffs in no time. GO Broncos and Texans.
BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a player that would fit right in to the system and at a MUCH needed position. IF he is solid enough, that would prevent us from having to use a draft pick for a TE.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't even need another TE...Joppru will be ready to go next season!

Old 01-26-2006   #11
Samer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK

I like Joppru but just don't know if he will be ready to go, Putzier would be great to compliment the position with Joppru.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #12
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK

You made me choke on my chips reading that. That is too funny.
Old 01-27-2006   #13
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer
I like Joppru but just don't know if he will be ready to go, Putzier would be great to compliment the position with Joppru.
I like'd the Joppru pick also. I really did. I get excited every year about him finally stepping on the field. He's worked out as a great ball boy. Last I heard he only weighs about 205.

It would be great for us to be able to pick up Putzier. A TE who could step right in and know the offence and blocking.
4Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read