Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2006   #1
chall8
Rookie

Default Honk if you are officially excited!!

Man, I didn't realize I'd be this fired up today. I mean, I've known for 2-3 weeks that Kubiak was the man, but now it's for real.

This is going to be a very exciting offseason, regardless of what they do with the pick.

(And for what it's worth, here's my official vote for trading it).

Go Texans!
chall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #2
djkennedy101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall8
Man, I didn't realize I'd be this fired up today. I mean, I've known for 2-3 weeks that Kubiak was the man, but now it's for real.

This is going to be a very exciting offseason, regardless of what they do with the pick.

Go Texans!

AMEN Brother!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006   #3
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:

Go Texans!
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Texans!!!
Old 01-26-2006   #4
Snapple
Veteran

That's the spirit! This is an exciting time to be a Texans fan. We have the #1 pick, a new head coach, and can only go up from here.

Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-26-2006   #6
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Borrowed from Khari!
Old 01-26-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I honestly believe that Kubiak could take this exact team as it sits right now and we would finish with 6-8 Ws.

Coaching makes a big difference, a really big difference and far more than the "casual fan" ever wants to give credit for. I don't think we could have done better than Kubiak in this particular offseason, and I am excited to see what he brings to the table.

I'm with you all the way: regardless if we draft Bush, Vince Young, or whoever with that first pick, I think we have a lot to look forward to this offseason and on into next year.
Old 01-26-2006   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I honestly believe that Kubiak could take this exact team as it sits right now and we would finish with 6-8 Ws.

Coaching makes a big difference, a really big difference and far more than the "casual fan" ever wants to give credit for. I don't think we could have done better than Kubiak in this particular offseason, and I am excited to see what he brings to the table.

I'm with you all the way: regardless if we draft Bush, Vince Young, or whoever with that first pick, I think we have a lot to look forward to this offseason and on into next year.
The pessimists around like to act like it has to take 3-4 years from this point to hope for the play-offs. That just isn't so in today's NFL. The examples are not even that rare in the time period the Texans have been in existence. For example the 2-14 2002 Bengals hired a new coach for 2003 and went 8-8. It may not happen that well for the Texans, but it is silly for people to act like it can't.
Old 01-26-2006   #9
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Old 01-26-2006   #10
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
The pessimists around like to act like it has to take 3-4 years from this point to hope for the play-offs. That just isn't so in today's NFL. The examples are not even that rare in the time period the Texans have been in existence. For example the 2-14 2002 Bengals hired a new coach for 2003 and went 8-8. It may not happen that well for the Texans, but it is silly for people to act like it can't.

I would be happy with anything close to 8-8 next year.
Old 01-26-2006   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm officially excited! Kubiak acts and talks like a winner. I really like the team attitude. Yeah, I'm excited. So when does the season start?
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
I would be happy with anything close to 8-8 next year.
To follow up from above, just look at last year. Every team who drafted in the top 5 last year won more games this year. Two, San Fran and Cleveland gained just 2 games, but there are severe circumstances (San Fran's cap and Cleveland's injuries to their past 2 top draft picks, Winslow and Edwards for example) which hampered them. The other 3 teams made tremendous advances with Chicago and Tampa Bay going on to win their divisions and Miami just one game off of winning their division. I am by no means saying people should have expectations that high, but this new 4+ rebuilding period stuff is just overworked pessimism.
Old 01-26-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We were also a 7-9 team 2 seasons ago. I think our talent is much closer to that than they showed this year when the conservative coaching spiraled to its inexorable conclusion.
Old 01-26-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

Go Texans!

had to post this.

GO TEXANS!!!

HOOK'EM
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #15
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Great post. It is nice to be excited about the franchise again. Hopefully we can all rid ourselves of the nasty taste of a 2-14 season. Kubiak is all business and I think he is going to get this team in the playoffs sooner than later!
Old 01-26-2006   #16
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Jeez killjoy...just playin'. I totally concur. M. Lewis is one of my favorite coaches, as far as coaches that are with other teams go. I think that Kubiak will be a great influence on this team, and could bring this team around in a heart-beat. I know I compared Kubes to Bellichick, and it was a bit pre-mature, but anybody is better than who we had before. We may not have an exciting offense next year, but we'll have a efficient.

By the way...HONK!!!
Old 01-26-2006   #17
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin

had to post this.

GO TEXANS!!!

HOOK'EM
Hey, I'm an Aggie and I think it is hilarious!
Old 01-26-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Honk!

You know, I kinda feel that if I am this into the Texans when they are 2-14, I can't imagine how I will be when the finally get good. My brain might explode.

As fans, I really think we need to get out of reflexive criticism mode and dogging and making fun of the Texans as almost a defense mechanism. It is hard to get out of that mode and dare to believe again. The team needs to get in a winning mindset and so do the fans. We can do our part, one by one.

Go Texans!!!!!!
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #19
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
As fans, I really think we need to get out of reflexive criticism mode and dogging and making fun of the Texans as almost a defense mechanism. It is hard to get out of that mode and dare to believe again. The team needs to get in a winning mindset and so do the fans. We can do our part, one by one.

Go Texans!!!!!!

I agree 100% Thank you TC!
Old 01-26-2006   #20
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston
Only
Needed
Kubiak

Just for fun. I know there might be a few more things to address.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read