Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2006   #1
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Donald Drivers interview with Stephen A. Smith

Driver was on quite frankly with Steven A. Smith yesterday. I think it was a new episode. Anyhow, he said if he couldn't be back in GB, that the first place he would want to go to play would be the Texans. He said thats his home town, and he's always wanted to play for his home town/state. He said he didn't care what shape the organization was in, he'd still be more than willing to go there. That would be an amazing pickup IMO.

O, and he said he would want Vince Young as his QB if he went there
Old 01-26-2006   #2
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Driver was on quite frankly with Steven A. Smith yesterday. I think it was a new episode. Anyhow, he said if he couldn't be back in GB, that the first place he would want to go to play would be the Texans. He said thats his home town, and he's always wanted to play for his home town/state. He said he didn't care what shape the organization was in, he'd still be more than willing to go there. That would be an amazing pickup IMO.

O, and he said he would want Vince Young as his QB if he went there
Can someone say 2nd Receiver......
Old 01-26-2006   #3
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G.
Can someone say 2nd Receiver......
I went to school with Donal Driver. Milby High School baby!
Old 01-26-2006   #4
Glacier
Veteran

scary....

AJ, Donald Driver, Dominack Davis and....(anyone but Carr) cutler/VY/Leinhart.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 301166 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier
scary....

Fine, the entire MB understands you and a number of other people don't like Carr. We get it--there is no need to polute every thread with an anti-Carr statement. By the way, from the Kubiack/McNair interviews today, it looks like about a 1% chance Carr isn't going to be the QB.
Old 01-26-2006   #6
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
scary....

I was just about to pose a question in this regard. Tentative on a trade of course in order to acquire Driver...

Would you prefer....

Carr, Bush, Davis & Johnson

or

Young, Davis, Driver & Johnson, and the extra draft pick (should be a 1st rnd) for trading Carr, which could turn into a 1st round LB, OL, Ledell White, etc.
Old 01-26-2006   #7
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Fine, the entire MB understands you and a number of other people don't like Carr. We get it--there is no need to polute every thread with an anti-Carr statement. By the way, from the Kubiack/McNair interviews today, it looks like about a 1% chance Carr isn't going to be the QB.

yea, i gathered.

the good news is that functional vet free agent QBs hit the market all the time. there is hope after Kubiak fails to "save" Carr. Maybe they will have Reggie and an O line to help groom a later 1st round pick in the future like a Big Ben.
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2006   #8
O.G.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
And an 95% Chance of getting Bush or trading down. Also like the fact with 610 talking to McNair, that McNair is giving Kubiak someone the reins in personnel. He said it wouldn't be fair to ask him to do a job and not give him what he would need to succeed. McNair said that they didn't give Carr what needed to succeed and pointed out Tom Brady. He said Brady was an all world QB, but in the playoff with average talent surrounded looked sub-par.
Old 01-26-2006   #9
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
I was just about to pose a question in this regard. Tentative on a trade of course in order to acquire Driver...

Would you prefer....

Carr, Bush, Davis & Johnson

or

Young, Davis, Driver & Johnson, and the extra draft pick (should be a 1st rnd) for trading Carr, which could turn into a 1st round LB, OL, Ledell White, etc.
Well....

Thats an interesting question. It has pretty much been proven that a monster QB alone can't win by himself. (Marino and Elway pre TD). Like wise, a monster RB does not seem to be enough to win alone either. (Barry Sanders, LT)

Rarely, a defense will win you one - Ravens.

It is, at the end of the day, a team sport so, balance is a good thing. Need just enough O to out score the other team and just enough D to keep the ball in your O's hands.

In the case of Manning up in Indy...i dont know WTF is wrong with that team. They have enough D, they have all the offensive talent in the world...they have a good HC.....*shrug*
Old 01-26-2006   #10
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G.
He said Brady was an all world QB, but in the playoff with average talent surrounded looked sub-par.
yea, I don't understand this statement. it the same offensive talent he has had all along. Last I checked, his receivers were all the same, his RBs were the same and his tight end was upgraded.....

the difference with NE this year is, they had too many injuries and losses on the defensive side of the ball to compete, imho.
Old 01-26-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Donald Driver a cancer in the locker room. I do have to say that getting Driver to come back to Texas is a nice consolation for not having Vince Young in a Texans uniform.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I do like the idea of AJ and Driver starting with Mathis our slot receiver and a nice rookie TE. That just has some great potential there (regardless of what we do at QB and RB).
Old 01-26-2006   #13
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
and the extra draft pick (should be a 1st rnd) for trading Carr, which could turn into a 1st round LB, OL, Ledell White, etc.
Unfortunately, we can't get a 1st rounder for Carr in a trade.
Old 01-26-2006   #14
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Isn't Donald Driver a cancer in the locker room. I do have to say that getting Driver to come back to Texas is a nice consolation for not having Vince Young in a Texans uniform.

the guy just wanted to be paid at the level he was performing. It wasn't a case like TO where he had just signed a big contract for big money and wanted more.
Old 01-26-2006   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
Unfortunately, we can't get a 1st rounder for Carr in a trade.
never know.... Coaches don't think the same as regular spectators and neither do they see the same things for face value as spectators. Coaches have a wiser frame of thought and see things we don't want to or can't see.
Old 01-26-2006   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
the guy just wanted to be paid at the level he was performing. It wasn't a case like TO where he had just signed a big contract for big money and wanted more.
Ummm....that was Javon Walker last off-season, not Donal Driver. Driver is real low-key with a whole lot of talent.
Old 01-26-2006   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

we're not going to trade carr, so all of you can hush. If driver comes to the team, we'd have two sets of double d's with which we will wreak havoc on opposing defenses. that's all i have to say on this.
Old 01-26-2006   #18
O.G.
Veteran

Quote:
yea, I don't understand this statement. it the same offensive talent he has had all along. Last I checked, his receivers were all the same, his RBs were the same and his tight end was upgraded.....

the difference with NE this year is, they had too many injuries and losses on the defensive side of the ball to compete, imho.
Same can be said about the Texans and we wen't 2-14. In fact, we added a pro-bowl kick off returner. Basically what I got from his statement was that Denver in the playoffs made Brady and NE look like they were playing the Texans in a regular season game.
Old 01-26-2006   #19
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
never know.... Coaches don't think the same as regular spectators and neither do they see the same things for face value as spectators. Coaches have a wiser frame of thought and see things we don't want to or can't see.
the good coaches do atleast.
Old 01-26-2006   #20
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Ummm....that was Javon Walker last off-season, not Donal Driver. Driver is real low-key with a whole lot of talent.

hmm....well, that makes it even better. i thought it was driver who was pushing for a new contract last year. I'm not much of a GB fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read