Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2006   #1
bdiddy
Veteran

Default The Latest Rumors (Speculation/Do Not Take As True)

Pure Speculation.

I am hearing from sources that Kubiak is initially in the trade down camp. However, he is also said to think Bush is a very special player. I think that the Texans are trying to continue the talk of drafting a player with the number 1 pick to play up the picks value.

Casserly is said to be exploring various trades, in one situation involving the Broncos: Broncos trade one of their two first round picks and their third round pick to move up to the 4-9 range in the first round. Texans then trade the number one pick for the new pick (4-9 range) and the Broncos remaining number one pick towards the bottom of the first round. In essence the Broncos would be giving up their two first round picks and a third round pick for the number one pick, w/ the Texans getting a top 10 (possibly 5) pick and an additional first rounder.

Is Bush better than D'Brick and a later first rounder? Tough call, I probably make the move.

Also, Kubiak wants to pay out the butt to try to get Nalen. He has little interest in Lepsis.

He is also said to LOVE Jabar Gaffney, thinks the guy runs great routes and has good hands. Although he lacks speed, Kubes wants him back badly.

McKinney is likely gone unless he significantly restructures his deal.

I am not sure what is going to happen, because neither is anyone else, but it will be interesting. This is a very fluid situation, so it is likely to change frequently.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #2
Mario Williams
Rookie

Are you credible?

1st and foremost, I do not want to trade down.

Also, it's not guaranteed that we even get D'Brick if its pick 5-10.
Old 01-25-2006   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting rumor from whatever your sources are. Strange, the Broncos lose their OC and a couple of staff members and then trade away several draft picks to the same team. Seems doubtful.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #4
bdiddy
Veteran

Just a rumor, nothing substantiated.
Old 01-25-2006   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
...Broncos trade one of their two first round picks and their third round pick to move up to the 4-9 range in the first round...
Denver would need to trade both 1st round picks to get into the top 9 of this draft. A 3rd rounder won't get the job done.
Old 01-25-2006   #6
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

I don't think it would be too far off for Denver to trade both first rounders for a top three pick. Especially since this draft is so enriched with great athletes.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Texan
I don't think it would be too far off for Denver to trade both first rounders for a top three pick. Especially since this draft is so enriched with great athletes.
If the draft is enriched with athletes would you not want to keep your picks. Also, no team will trade a top 5 pick for two first round picks in the lower half of the 1st round.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush
1st and foremost, I do not want to trade down.
Didn't you mention before that you were only here because of Bush? I hope you didn't start buying Texans gear yet.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Texan
Find another draft trade where 2 picks that low (#22 & #29) got a team into the top 3.
Old 01-25-2006   #10
Mario Williams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Didn't you mention before that you were only here because of Bush? I hope you didn't start buying Texans gear yet.
No, I'm not here for Bush. In my 1st post I said that I became interested in the Texans because the Rockets are having a bad season right now and Bush was catching my eye. I'm not stupid, i'm not going to buy Texans gear till they draft someone. Nothing is guaranteed.
Old 01-25-2006   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I'm not here for Bush. In my 1st post I said that I became interested in the Texans because the Rockets are having a bad season right now and Bush was catching my eye. I'm not stupid, i'm not going to buy Texans gear till they draft someone. Nothing is guaranteed.
I was just curious because I seemed to remember you saying that. People become fans of teams for many different reasons and that's your business who you decide to root for on Sundays. So if the Texans trade down or draft a QB, are you going to become a fan of the team that takes Bush? What if the Cardinals traded up and grabbed Bush? Are you going to be a Cardinals fan as tough as that would be?
Old 01-25-2006   #12
Mario Williams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
I was just curious because I seemed to remember you saying that. People become fans of teams for many different reasons and that's your business who you decide to root for on Sundays. So if the Texans trade down or draft a QB, are you going to become a fan of the team that takes Bush? What if the Cardinals traded up and grabbed Bush? Are you going to be a Cardinals fan as tough as that would be?
Um no? I'm not as blind and stupid as some people here that go supporting another team like the Titans because we didn't draft a player. I'm Texans all the way.
Old 01-25-2006   #13
WILLIEG
Veteran

Talking about rumors is a waste of time!
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Um no? I'm not as blind and stupid as some people here that go supporting another team like the Titans because we didn't draft a player. I'm Texans all the way.
OK cool. The sad thing is there are going to be a LOT of Titans supporters in this state if they end up with Young. I really need to get over my "issue" with that organization however seeing Titans fans all over the place isn't going to help. It's bad enough that I have one sitting in my row at Reliant, aint that right Sakebomb?
Old 01-26-2006   #15
LBblitz
Veteran

IF the rumor is true, and we are at 5-9, I wouldn't mind picking hawk to help the D...
Old 01-26-2006   #16
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Find another draft trade where 2 picks that low (#22 & #29) got a team into the top 3.
yeah the value of these trades are way off.

#1 pick is worth the 7th overall pick the overall 8th pick and an early fourth round pick.

Top 3 in this draft are is suppose to be super special. So they should be worth even more.

The #22 and #29 pick accouding to the chart would get you up to #8 max. But who knows this is suppose to be a "special draft" so I have no clue how this is affecting all of this.

LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #17
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
Talking about rumors is a waste of time!
Isn't that all we do? Everything we talk about is rumor and speculation.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #18
Htown34s
Veteran

Thanks bdiddy. It sounds like you heard some things and posted them. This is what makes message boards interesting. While others who add nothing will chastise you, I am greatful.
Old 01-26-2006   #19
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Also, Kubiak wants to pay out the butt to try to get Nalen.
I hope we don't pay too much. We already have a ton of money wrapped up in Wade & Weigert. Plus Nalen is 34 years old. Maybe a two year deal with an option for a third?
Old 01-26-2006   #20
Glacier
Veteran

why would denver want to move up so high?

doesn't make sense. they do fine drafting runners with out having to bet the farm on a role player.

unless, they are looking to unload Jake The Mistake Plummer and are looking for that next "fanchise QB" in Leinart.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read