Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-25-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Chris Palmer going to the Cowboys!

Now the Cowboys are REALLY going to suck! He is going to sit with 'boys and talk about a job as OC. I heard this on FSN yesterday...

I don't have a link...

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #2
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
Now the Cowboys are REALLY going to suck! He is going to sit with 'boys and talk about a job as OC. I heard this on FSN yesterday...

I don't have a link...
I guess you mean, Chris Palmer, not Chris Brown.
Old 01-25-2006   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
I guess you mean, Chris Palmer, not Chris Brown.
that does make more sense. when i first read it i thought about the RB for the tacks.
Old 01-25-2006   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I helped him out, changed it to Palmer.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #5
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default My bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I helped him out, changed it to Palmer.
Oops! I need to lay off the crack!

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Old 01-25-2006   #6
DallasCowboysFan

Default Chris Palmer

Hey Texans fans.

I just wanted to com over here and get your views on Chris Palmer, your ex-Offensive Coordinator.

Looks like the guy is going to be the new Offensive Coordinator for the Cowboys.

What are some of the guys positives (if any) and negatives.

- Mike G.
Old 01-25-2006   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Hi Mike. I know he's had success at some places and he's an old Parcells guy which is a big plus for Bill. He's loyal to people he's been with. To a fault.

He wouldn't be my choice. I thought his offense was kind of dull. But you know the Texans didn't do any better under Pendry so some people think it was all Coach Capers fault anyway and Palmer was a scapegoat. I don't know if that's true or not. I guess this is Bill's hire then.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2006   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Palmer was a scapegoat here. I think you'll do fine with him. IMO, his style involved more passing, and Capers was a run-oriented coach. when the offense was run the way palmer wanted, they performed better. Don't look to the way we've played this year as Palmer's style. That was Pendry, and we got 2-14 out of it.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #9
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
He wouldn't be my choice. I thought his offense was kind of dull.
He ran Capers offense here. Don't look here for what he did. Look at Jacksonville during Mark Brunell's younger days.
Old 01-25-2006   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well see this guys know more about Palmer than I do. I always thought Coach ran the offense and Coach Capers ran the defense and stayed out of the offensive game planning. So he really was a scapegoat then. That I've heard over and over.
Old 01-25-2006   #11
Glacier
Veteran

he didn't do so hot developing young QBs (David Carr/Tim Couch) thats for damn sure. good thing he has a vet that is uncoachable so he cant ruin him in dallas.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #12
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier
he didn't do so hot developing young QBs (David Carr/Tim Couch) thats for damn sure. good thing he has a vet that is uncoachable so he cant ruin him in dallas.
He is a good developer of QBs. In fact, he is the one who helped Bledsoe get his career off the ground.

Quote from Bledsoe: "Chris was instrumental for me at a pivotal point in my career," Bledsoe said. "I had a tough year in 1995, we hadn't won many games and I struggled a little bit. He really helped me to develop and play at a high level."

Source for Bledsoe Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #13
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
He is a good developer of QBs. In fact, he is the one who helped Bledsoe get his career off the ground.

Quote from Bledsoe: "Chris was instrumental for me at a pivotal point in my career," Bledsoe said. "I had a tough year in 1995, we hadn't won many games and I struggled a little bit. He really helped me to develop and play at a high level."

Source for Bledsoe Quote

I'm not sold on Bledsoe. Everyone knows he has a huge arm. Everyone knows he is fairly accurate. A few have called him uncoachable. A few have felt that he wasn't good enough to keep as a franchise QB now. He less than mobile and makes some pretty dumb throws at times. More than a few say he is slow on reads and pats the ball too much. *shrug*

he was doing fine until the dallas oline went south.
Old 01-25-2006   #14
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Chris Palmer's game plans..

1st down -run
2nd down -run
3rd down -sack
4th down -punt

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Old 01-25-2006   #15
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasCowboysFan
Hey Texans fans.

I just wanted to com over here and get your views on Chris Palmer, your ex-Offensive Coordinator.

Looks like the guy is going to be the new Offensive Coordinator for the Cowboys.

What are some of the guys positives (if any) and negatives.

- Mike G.
-points at Cowboys and laughs! *snicker*

seriously, I want to see him under Parcells and if calls better plays. This must mean that Parcells is hanging around next season.

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Old 01-25-2006   #16
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:

1st down -run
2nd down -run
3rd down -sack
4th down -punt

he should fit right in with Parcells then.....

On one hand, I love that Parcells has made the Cowboys legit again on talent evaluation, fundamentals coaching and accountability. On the other hand, i hate how conservative his offenses TEND to be. Sure there was maybe a year or two when he threw a lot more than normal.
Old 01-25-2006   #17
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Unfortunately, we don't know what kind of coach he was because of the nature of our staff. It was obvious by the middle of the third year that we had problems on our coaching staff. The personalities were just not meshing well. The more problems we ran into, the more conservative our offense got until we choked on a 2-14 record. I agree with an earlier post in that you really have to go back to Jax to get a good feal for Palmer. Cleveland didn't have the horses to make a good offense (ref. Tim Couch) and neither did we. Palmer may be better for y'all because of Bledsoe's previous relationship and yall have some decent players at WR and O-line.

Good Luck
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #18
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton
Palmer may be better for y'all because of Bledsoe's previous relationship and yall have some decent players at WR and O-line.

Good Luck

man....

grass is always green on the other side, I suppose. Other than the running back position, I've felt that Houston has better players at QB and WR. That might be a really misguided feeling given that Carr hasn't done so well but.....

the dallas OL needs some help at center and tackle. It wouldn't hurt to be grooming some guards as well since Dallas is starting senior citizens at guard now a days. Larry Allen is still my fave though....
Old 01-25-2006   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
-points at Cowboys and laughs! *snicker*

seriously, I want to see him under Parcells and if calls better plays. This must mean that Parcells is hanging around next season.

Parcells made the decision to return a few weeks ago and signed an extension. With a raise I believe.
Old 01-25-2006   #20
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:

1st down -run
2nd down -run
3rd down -sack
4th down -punt
Wrong. Those are Dom Capers game plans. Before his Texans' gig, no Palmer offense resembled ANYTHING close to what the offense looked like here. This was Capers' offense through and through.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read