Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2006   #1
texans_rockets_astros
Rookie

Default Donald driver

I Just heard from ESPN2's quite Frankly with steven a. smith that Pro bowl donald driver (a milby HS grad.) would love to play in his hometown houston, and if he comes he hopes that vince young will the quarterback....

I say that we trade david carr for donald driver if possible....green bay i think would do it because of brett favre aging, and david would be very happy playing with his idol....houston would get a good deal too because teams won't double team Andre Johnson anymore....and we can draft vince young
texans_rockets_astros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #2
cadahnic
All Pro

Well that is a cute thought, but one that is highly unlikely. Driver will comand a nice price tag and Carr is our QB. VY is a great guy and gonna be a damn fine QB in about 2-3years but come on man. BTW Driver grew up right around my way.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

My brother in law went to High School with Driver.

Id love to have him.. but like cadahnic said.. Carr is our QB, and Driver would be very expensive.

Its a possibility.. but I would say it is far from likely.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #4
barzilla
Veteran

The Packers are hitching their future to Aaron Rodgers. So, they have no need for David Carr. I like Driver though.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would GB want an expensive unproven QB when Favre is scheduled to return for another season and they've been grooming 1st round pick Aaron Rogers to be his replacement?
Old 01-24-2006   #6
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

whoa... that would be so sweet, he would compliment AJ perfectly

i love that fact that there is players in the league that already want to play alongside VY, he's the type you want to go to war with, which is what makes him such a great leader
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #7
outofhnd
All Pro

Id love to have Driver but if we are not gonna be active in FA as our team has said then we are not goin after him... All i ask is that we no longer use Corey Bradford as a receiver..
Old 01-25-2006   #8
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the show today as well. Quite Frankly is a great show. I thought the comments Driver made about Houston, the Texans, and VY were quite interesting.
Old 01-25-2006   #9
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Driver isn't a FA is he?
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #10
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis
Driver isn't a FA is he?
I don't think so.
Old 01-25-2006   #11
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans_rockets_astros

I say that we trade david carr for donald driver if possible....green bay i think would do it because of brett favre aging, and david would be very happy playing with his idol
They already have Aaron Rodgers, their own big money first round QB and it looks like the new coach may be ready to push Favre out of there...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #12
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

I would love to have Driver too, but definitely not by trading Carr. As many have already stated, the Packers would not be interested in that for obvious reasons. However, I would consider trading someone else for him...maybe Walker, Payne, or one of our high-priced OL (although I don't know how interested they would be in that either.)
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #13
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans_rockets_astros
I Just heard from ESPN2's quite Frankly with steven a. smith that Pro bowl donald driver (a milby HS grad.) would love to play in his hometown houston, and if he comes he hopes that vince young will the quarterback....

I say that we trade david carr for donald driver if possible....green bay i think would do it because of brett favre aging, and david would be very happy playing with his idol....houston would get a good deal too because teams won't double team Andre Johnson anymore....and we can draft vince young
I find it interesting that a veteran WR who has had a future Hall-of-Fame QB throwing to him would want VY. Hmmmm....makes you wonder what HE has seen in Carr that would make him prefer VY.

I still think that the best scenario to trade Carr would be to Raiders/Jets for draft picks or Dolphins for R.Williams.
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read