Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-24-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default T.o.

Did anyone else see this on sportscenter yesterday? They were talking about how Denver could get over the AFC title game hump and predicted they might be looking to add T.O. They did an interview clip with a defensive player I didn't recognize and he said he had no problems with T.O. because "he a'int never done anything to the Broncos" or something to that extent. Think he would fit in there? imagine Smith and T.O. lining up and Lelie as a slot
Old 01-24-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea how they would accomplish that being $30 million over the cap.
Old 01-24-2006   #3
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 33 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think he ragged on McNabb just wait till he has a shot at Plummer.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen too many articles about Terrell ending up here or this team being the frontrunner or this QB wanting him...blah, blah, blah.

We'll see but I have a feeling before it's all over there will be an article somewhere about EVERY team wanting him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

TO is, if nothing else, an extremely talented troublemaker.

Some team will take him thinking that they will be able to tame his massive, bloated ego. But I predict it will be to their detriment. Making a deal with the devil results in doom!

I've heard that Nick Sabin with the Dolphins is interesting in taking a chance with Lucifer....errrr....TO, too.
Old 01-24-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, it's all over the radio here in Denver, but it's fans making the noise. Haven't heard squat from the Broncos.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he's completely out of hand...he CAN change but that has to be his choice and he's the one that can do it.

He really needs somebody to sit him down and tell him...look Terrell your legacy can be that you were an outstanding receiver or your legacy can be that you were trouble with a capital T and that's all people are going to remember.

Until he wants to change he won't.

You always hope people learn their lesson. I think he's got some growing up to do. If he does that he'll be back at the top. If he doesn't he'll be the pain he's always been and that's what people will remember.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2006   #8
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I think TO is going to be playing for Herm Edwards next season.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #9
4th&inches
Rookie

dont think its goin to happen because of the cap
Old 01-25-2006   #10
outofhnd
All Pro

I think TO is going to have a very disappointing offseason..
Old 01-25-2006   #11
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
I think TO is going to have a very disappointing offseason..

classic case of "becareful who you listen to" He needs to fire his agent.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldon
If you think he ragged on McNabb just wait till he has a shot at Plummer.

As long as Shanahan does his job regarding Plummer, T.O. won't be a problem. Unlike that fiasco in Philly were the only reason Reid has a job, is because of Donavan...... and don't think Reid doesn't know it.
Old 01-25-2006   #13
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
As long as Shanahan does his job regarding Plummer, T.O. won't be a problem. Unlike that fiasco in Philly were the only reason Reid has a job, is because of Donavan...... and don't think Reid doesn't know it.

bah, man thunderkyss, you keep saying stuff I don't quite agree with.....

Reid is a very bright offensive mind. I believe he would have success with or with out Donavan, though likely not with the Qbs on his roster now.

let me correct that....he would have "offensive success". A big part of the philly game is their D, which i doubt, Reid has much to do with. They have a great defensive coach as well.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Unlike that fiasco in Philly were the only reason Reid has a job, is because of Donavan...... and don't think Reid doesn't know it.
4 NFC Championship Games in 4 years, and Reid has nothing to do with that? Get real.
Old 01-25-2006   #15
Sportsfan
All Pro

Fine by me as long as he's not wearing a Texans uni.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
4 NFC Championship Games in 4 years, and Reid has nothing to do with that? Get real.

Don't get me wrong... I like McNabb, and I like Reid... I'm not saying Reid has nothing to do with the teams offense, but that McNabb where's the pants in that relationship. I honestly believe if McNabb was playing for JimmyJohnson, Bill Parcells, or John Gruden, someone would've gotten into McNabbs face long before Terrell took it upon himself.

Tice was a good coach, till he fell in love with Dante(another of my favorite QBs). The coach has got to be the boss. He's got to lay down the law, and he can't be afraid to call out any player.
Old 01-25-2006   #17
Caw Daddy
Rookie

Default T.O. = right World = wrong

Hes a huge problem starter.

But hes right, and smart, and makes things easy.
If you throw him the ball a lot, he'll catch it a lot.
And if you throw the ball to him a lot, he'll score a lot.
Hes a freak, he knows how much hes worth, and its a shame he ruined his prestige by being a baby. I would not care if he was on the texans, you just need to have a QB who can put him in his place. Vince Young could and would. But Reggie is Reggie and you cant pass on Reggie. AS I DIGRESS, i summarize

TO could be the greatest reciever to play the game. Someone just has to whoop his *** a few times in the locker room and he'll understand that he is in the NFL.
Caw Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

TO = All the tools and NO toolbox!

De Oppresso Liber
Old 01-25-2006   #19
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 33 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
TO = All the tools and NO toolbox!
Yeah but really crazy tools that might cut your arm off if you aren't careful.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldon
Yeah but really crazy tools that might cut your arm off if you aren't careful.
YUP, might even be his own teammates arm.:brickwall

De Oppresso Liber

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read