Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-10-2004   #1
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Boldin & Boss Bailey Out for a While

Dont know how serious, but he hurt it stretching...

Fitzgarald better hope it it nothing serious...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7565648

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Boldin carted off practice field with knee injury

Hopefully it is nothing serious. I'd hate to see the Cardinals and Dennis Green to lose Shipp and then Boldin. Doesn't sound good after being carted off the field.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #3
rjf
Rookie

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...ONLINE-ON.html

FLAGSTAFF -- Anquan Boldin is accustomed to making people gasp, but not the way he did Tuesday morning.

Boldin, the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Year last season, was walking through plays before practice when his right knee locked and he went down, yelling in pain and frustration.

Receivers coach Robert Ford had his back turned to Boldin Tuesday, when he heard Boldin yell and then fall.

"We were walking maybe a little faster than we’re walking right now," Ford said as he strolled out of the cafeteria. "I heard the thump. I mean it was the biggest noise you ever heard, and he just fell flat on his face."

Feel sorry for the guy.

I wanted to see AJ outperform him this year, but not like this.
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #4
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Heh.......uh oh, this is something that actually can effect my fantasy sucess......
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It seems like there have been a ton of early injuries this season.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #6
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

I hate when injuries happen especially guys who are the core of their team. That's what makes this game so special. I feel sorry for the redskins to lose Jon Jansen. I was hoping too that AJ outperforms him this year but hopefully that will happen b/c again hopefully its nothing serious and he'll be back.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #7
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pre...s.php?sid=2096

things just got worse....seems like he wont be able to start the regular season.
ccdude730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boldin & Bailey Out for a While

Boldin out 8-12 weeks:

Quote:
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, last season's offensive rookie of the year, underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday after tests found torn cartilage in his right knee.

But after earlier in the day expressing relief over the relatively mild injury, the Cardinals now say the young receiver is expected to miss 8-12 weeks. The surgery revealed damage to the meniscus and complicated the surgery.
Bailey out most of the season:

Quote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Second-year linebacker Boss Bailey will miss much of the regular season while recovering from knee surgery.

Bailey injured his right knee in an Aug. 3 practice. He underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday in Athens, Ga., where doctors discovered torn cartilage that had not shown up in previous tests.

``The damage was worse than anyone had realized from the tests,'' Lions coach Steve Mariucci said. ``The doctor immediately repaired it, but Boss will be off the knee for several weeks, and then will be looking at a rehab period on top of that.''

Mariucci declined to put a timetable on Bailey's return, but said the Lions hope to have him back this season.
Old 08-11-2004   #9
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame
Default Re: Boldin & Boss Bailey Out for a While

I read an article on this earlier today from ESPN.com (I think), but I read that he'd be ready for the first game of the season. Okay- just read a slightly different article on ESPN that says 8-12 weeks. It's just a good thing it happened early in preseason instead of early in the regular season. I hope he has another fantastic year once he's back. I've loved watching him at Florida State. Don't get me wrong...I hope Andre has just as great a year if not better as long as the Texans are winning games (does no good to load up the stats to one guy when you're not in the playoffs...happened to the Cardinals last year). I believe this year will be a breakout year for the entire passing game not just Carr or Johnson.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #10
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

As a rule of thumb, when the lions use the word hope.

It means the worst possible scenerio
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

You are probably right Ihategeeks. I can imagine ones like:

"I HOPE we can beat the Redskins. Rypien is overrated." (1991 playoffs)

Or

"I sure HOPE Barry unretires."

OR

"I HOPE Scott Mitchell is the next Dan Marino."

OR

well you get the idea
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read