Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-23-2006   #1
MrGrievesII
Rookie

Default draftvince.com sign the petition!!!

Go to:

http://www.draftvince.com/

To: Vince Young, Charlie Casserly, Bob McNair, Houston, and The Houston Texans new Head Coach

Texans owner Bob McNair on Sunday January 14 went gone on record to say that "We don't know who we're going to draft right now," McNair said. "After we hire our coach, the evaluation process will still have a long way to go. We want to pick the player we feel will give us the best chance to win."

I think that player is Vince Young.

The Texans's long-term changes to win are improved by Drafting University of Texas quarterback Vince Young.

According to Houston Chronicle NFL beat reporter John McClain in a January Sixth Story, "Young has catapulted himself to the top of the draft, and he's made it virtually impossible for the Texans to pass him up after putting on one of the most incredible performances in the history of sports at any level in the Longhorns' victory over the Trojans at the Rose Bowl."

For starters Young is a homegrwn talent and a national hero for not only the city but the state as well, ticket sales will invariably top any head count that Bush could bring in.

According to Titans quarterback Steve McNair:

"It's been a pleasure watching him mature as a player and as a person in the years I've known him," McNair said. "He's what an NFL quarterback's all about in this day and age. He can beat you with his arm or his legs.

"And he has the leadership abilities required of NFL quarterbacks."

Vince Young is a proven champion.

With his pinpoint passing and his spectacular running ability before a worldwide television audience, Young proved that he's a legitimate franchise quarterback whose improvement over the last year has been sensational.

After the game 2006 Rose Bowl, former USC and NFL safety Ronnie Lott said "Vince Young is the greatest quarterback to ever play college football". "Without question," said Trojans coach Pete Carroll, "that was the best [performance] I've seen by one guy."

This is not a regular draft year but an opprotunity to draft one of the most, electrifying and dominating prospects to have come out of the college ranks in many years.

Imagine what it would have been like if the Oilers had passed up Earl Campbell in 1978.

Yet the Houston Texans might do just that.

After the Denver Broncos lose or win out, Kubiak will be hired as The Houston Texan's coach Kubiak is regarded around the NFL as one of the brightest offensive coaches in the league. Quarterbacks are his specialty. He woud be a perfect fit for Mr. Young.

Whereas I believe that the above information is true and think that the Houston Texans would be making a big mistake by not drafitng Vince Young.

Sincerely,

THE UNDERSIGNED
MrGrievesII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Jay Mack from 97.9 the box already has over 1000 signings of his petition. He een made a Draft Vince Petition Song.
Old 01-23-2006   #3
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Let the fan pressure begin.

Nothing ruins a team faster.

Oh well at least we have no where to go but up.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh well at least we have no where to go but up.
dont say that.....

Cardinals
Chargers
Saints
Seahawks
Bengals

how long did these teams suck? going 2-14 one year is a relatively small thing compared to decades on the bottom of the barrel.

The fan pressure is really really annoying and stupid. You want us to draft Vince? fine.. put in your 2 cents.. but attempting to force the staff into taking him is just idiocy. There is a reason why we are fans..and not scouts, coaches, GMs, and consultants.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #5
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Let the fan pressure begin.

Nothing ruins a team faster.
They're not going to pick Young or anybody else because of fan pressure.

They might, if they're particularly bright, pick Young because he has a HUGE upside and very little risk, because if he comes here and doesn't excell in a year or two they can trade him to someplace that still believes.

To a degree, of course, the same is true of Bush though he has much less upside than Vince.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

how has anyone convinced themself that there is little risk with Vince Young? He has played in a system that is far from pro level.. with talent that is better than most teams they played.. with the help of the best defense in college football.. he has bad mechanics..

how is he NOT a risk?

is it because he is a leader and motivator?

so draft the head of the Texas cheerleading squad. She is a leader and motivator too..and will look better in the tight pants.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk

They might, if they're particularly bright, pick Young because he has a HUGE upside and very little risk, because if he comes here and doesn't excell in a year or two they can trade him to someplace that still believes.

To a degree, of course, the same is true of Bush though he has much less upside than Vince.
Explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I guess its settled then we are drafting VY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #9
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Whatever happens it's nice to see all this enthusiasm for a 2-14 team.

Reminds me of the Rockets before we got Yao.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #10
MrGrievesII
Rookie

Default once-in-a-lifetime

Vince Young has a freakish speed and ability to elude tacklers. He has excelled at a high level, and in the two Rose Bowls was patient and then took his team on his back and over the game. Those who critique his throwing motion are splitting hairs. David Carr's mechanics are criticized too.

Of course the Texans will not cave in to fan pressure. The coach and general manager are evaluated by winns.

I just think that if the Texans don't pick Young they will be passing up on a once-in-a-lifetime athelete to win in the short term.

Daniel

Old 01-23-2006   #11
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Okay i've held my tounge and been as nice as possible about this whole draft Vince thing but I cant do it no more..

I heard about this draft Vince Young petition and all i could think about was.. "what the hell were you thinking J Mack?!?!?" and 80% of the people signing this draft vince petition dont know didly squat about what the "REAL GAME" of football is.. they seen the Bowl Game and say.. "Durrrr, this Young guy is fast, maybe we should draft him".. Not knowing the whole time that Young is NOT ready for the NFL..

These people signing this petition dont know anything about what the Texan's Need and what makes a good football team.. so while J Mack's stupid @$$ is out getting signatures.. what he doesnt realize is that this move WILL set our team back about 3 or 4 years...

If everybody drafted somebody because they were from that city or they played college in that state then alotta GMs would be fired for stupidity with the first overall pick you go for the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.. not the BEST PLAYER FROM YOUR CITY..

This whole petition makes me sick to my stomach.. If we draft Young I swear to you that we will regret it.. The fans will cheer but and yeah if he starts then we'll pick up some extra fans in the stands.. but when we start losing again.. what happens to those fans???
Old 01-24-2006   #12
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:

Good to know that if these guys screw up again, we have that foolproof bailout plan. I mean, so we can be right back in the same position we are now with Carr? Since he's sooo tradeable right now.:brickwall
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #13
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrievesII
Vince Young has a freakish speed and ability to elude tacklers. He has excelled at a high level, and in the two Rose Bowls was patient and then took his team on his back and over the game. Those who critique his throwing motion are splitting hairs. David Carr's mechanics are criticized too.

Of course the Texans will not cave in to fan pressure. The coach and general manager are evaluated by winns.

I just think that if the Texans don't pick Young they will be passing up on a once-in-a-lifetime athelete to win in the short term.

Daniel

Well isn't this clever. Perhaps you should start a Bush petition under a different profile. Since when do you need to provide an e-mail address to sign a petition? How much are you getting for selling these addresses? I love junk e-mails and always wanted to know...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Whatever happens it's nice to see all this enthusiasm for a 2-14 team.

Reminds me of the Rockets before we got Yao.
How has that turned out?
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Not going to do it, wouldn't be prudent, not at this juncture....
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #16
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I signed this petition, I signed the petition for the Box (that was hard cuz I'm a county boy), hell, I'll sign all the petitions! Bring'em on.

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is he BringBackBucky.com pettition. Ill sign that yesterday!!!
Old 01-24-2006   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't there a petition to keep Beltran an Astro?

How'd that turn out?

And why the hell would I sign a petition saying my team should draft a player written by a fan, citing no NFL talent evalulators and endorsed by a freakin' RADIO DJ?

I'm thankful everyday that the front office isn't here (the MB) nor will they ever read this petition.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston
Okay i've held my tounge and been as nice as possible about this whole draft Vince thing but I cant do it no more..

I heard about this draft Vince Young petition and all i could think about was.. "what the hell were you thinking J Mack?!?!?" and 80% of the people signing this draft vince petition dont know didly squat about what the "REAL GAME" of football is.. they seen the Bowl Game and say.. "Durrrr, this Young guy is fast, maybe we should draft him".. Not knowing the whole time that Young is NOT ready for the NFL..

These people signing this petition dont know anything about what the Texan's Need and what makes a good football team.. so while J Mack's stupid @$$ is out getting signatures.. what he doesnt realize is that this move WILL set our team back about 3 or 4 years...

If everybody drafted somebody because they were from that city or they played college in that state then alotta GMs would be fired for stupidity with the first overall pick you go for the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.. not the BEST PLAYER FROM YOUR CITY..

This whole petition makes me sick to my stomach.. If we draft Young I swear to you that we will regret it.. The fans will cheer but and yeah if he starts then we'll pick up some extra fans in the stands.. but when we start losing again.. what happens to those fans???

sigh....again, many debates about team needs...etc.
do you have a crystal ball...etc.
are you a scout...can you say reggie is the best?....etc.
stop being flamelike.....and im done.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #20
MrGrievesII
Rookie

Default Go Bush Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
Well isn't this clever. Perhaps you should start a Bush petition under a different profile. Since when do you need to provide an e-mail address to sign a petition? How much are you getting for selling these addresses? I love junk e-mails and always wanted to know...
Well what makes you the expert on petitions. I am not selling the addresses except for your's. Perhaps you should start a Bush petition.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read