Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-10-2004   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Thumbs down Farve In Yellow?!?

Found this picture of GB's new alternate uniform. They'll wear it Oct 24th when they face the Cowboys. This is like the Oregon Ducks all over again. Don't mess with a classic.

texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Farve In Yellow?!?

It looks like ****. What an eye sore.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Lord! eek:
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #4
Diehardtexan
Veteran

It looks like the cheese gone bad. They should make construction signs out of that.Do they glow in the dark?
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see how they messed this one up. They have "Green" in their name, and a big G on their helmets. If they're going for the cheese angle at least go the extra miles and put some holes in the yellow, or perhaps a mouse on one side of the helmet salivating.
Old 08-10-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yikes.

If Houston would use that yellow in their "no left turn" signs I guarantee they would have less Transit accidents.

That is a bold, bold yellow.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing your color blind _V_, because to the rest of us, that looks BAD and I am a GB fan.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2004   #8
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

YUK! With colors like that, I'm sorry, but there is no way you can make a fashion statement of any sort .. not that Wisconsin is the fashion capital of the world, but those colors are nothing but bad, whichever one dominates.

I think they came up with yellow and green so that they can find the players on the field during a blizzard .. :hehe:
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #9
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

Maybe they're tryin to blind the boys??? Think about it...they have a hard time against D...so maybe if they can distract them with the blinding yellow...

Then again, that color just SCREAMS *HIT ME*...lol
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #10
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

you think thats bad? Check out the new lions prototype

Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan
Maybe they're tryin to blind the boys??? Think about it...they have a hard time against D...so maybe if they can distract them with the blinding yellow...

Then again, that color just SCREAMS *HIT ME*...lol
Solid point there texan_fan.
Can't remember who it was, maybe Vince Lombardi, had the walls of the visting locker room painted a dark color to emotionally depress the opposing team.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #12
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5063 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

IHategeeks...

I can't see the picture.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think teams can get by with loud, obnoxious alternative uniforms since they only wear them once a year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers wear a gold/yellow uniform as the alternatives too.

I do have to say I like the powder blue Chargers and the tangerine orange Dolphins alternative uni's but I would hate to see them every week.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5063 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really want the Chargers to change to a powder blue color scheme... It's really nice lookin'.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #15
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I don't know why not, I can see it, you should be able too....

http://www.logoserver.com/football/D...nsProposed.GIF
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I can see it too, but still I think GB takes the grand prize.
Old 08-10-2004   #17
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Oh come on, your jerking everyones chain, Packers arent getting alternate uniforms. Such bogus. Please can I see some link.But nice photo editing though

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #18
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Solid point there texan_fan.
Can't remember who it was, maybe Vince Lombardi, had the walls of the visting locker room painted a dark color to emotionally depress the opposing team.
Thank you. And you're right...some coaches / owners do some nasty things to gain the advantage...

I believe in D they built the stadium in such a way that the sun shines on the opponents bench to make them more...uncomfortable...

I KNOW they did that here in Houston...
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Oh come on, your jerking everyones chain, Packers arent getting alternate uniforms. Such bogus. Please can I see some link.But nice photo editing though
I wish I was joking, but see for yourself. NFL.com under the Tuesday Morning QB link by Greg Easterbrook. NFL.com

Last edited by texasguy346; 08-10-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-10-2004   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
. Strangely, the Cardinals have a blue uniform this year as an alternate (I think).
Okay, now that is just stupid. First of all Cardinals are not blue. That would make them a Blue Jay for a day. Then again, they only have two color schemes in their jersey so I guess they would need another color.

here are some suggestions of what they can do for their alternate jersey day:

Put a red face mask on their helmet to bring their helmets up to date like the rest of the league or change the color of the helmet.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read