Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2006   #1
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Default Dennison/Bates?

According to the Houston Chronicle the favorites for the coordinators are Rick Dennison(Denver O-line coach) and Jim Bates(former Green Bay Defensive coordiantor). However, Dennsion is under contract....... Along with them other candidates are discussed such as Kyle Shanahan and David Diaz-Infante for assistant positions. They also discuss Alex Gibbs as a possible candidate for DC, if Dennison doesn't work out(Gibbs is under contract in Atlanta as a consultant). I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but hear ya go.
Old 01-23-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutton=08Heisman
According to the Houston Chronicle the favorites for the coordinators are Rick Dennison(Denver O-line coach) and Jim Bates(former Green Bay Defensive coordiantor). However, Dennsion is under contract....... Along with them other candidates are discussed such as Kyle Shanahan and David Diaz-Infante for assistant positions. They also discuss Alex Gibbs as a possible candidate for DC, if Dennison doesn't work out(Gibbs is under contract in Atlanta as a consultant). I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but hear ya go.
Do you mean OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Do you mean OC
Yep OC, and I'd prefer Gibbs over Dennison. Gibbs brought the ol scheme of zone blocking to Denver, he then taught it to Dennison. I'd rather have the mentor than the mentee!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Kyle is Mike's son ? Maybe Kubiak gets his picks of coaches if he gives Kyle a shot .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #5
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Do you mean OC
Ya sorry i meant OC. He was the old Oline coach in denver. I don't really know anything about Dennison...
Old 01-23-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

about Dennison.. he may be under contract but Shanahan already agreed to let Kubiak take some staff with him. I dunno if Dennison is one of the ones he agreed to let go.. but it is rumored that he is.

my fingers are crossed for Bates.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Bates turned down a 1 million dollar a year offer from Linehan's new team today. Not sure how to interpret this one. He's either serious about wanting more money than that, or he's already made a gentlemans agreement with the Texans. I hope it's the latter.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

rumor has it that he is itching for a HC position..either in the pros or in college.. and it will take a pretty penny to get him as a coordinator.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
I wonder if Kyle is Mike's son ? Maybe Kubiak gets his picks of coaches if he gives Kyle a shot .
Kyle is Mike's son and was a roommate of Chris Simms at UT. I think Kyle was a receiver, but I do forget certain things. If Shanahan does come in how long will it take for the rumor mills to start that the Texans are trading Carr to the Bucs for Simms and their #1?

I still like Bates and either Gibbs or Dennison. I don't know if Shanahan will allow Dennison out of his contract since he doesn't seem to have anyone to fill the spot. I'm not sure how consultant contracts work, but Gibbs is a master and it would be awesome to have him on the sidelines.
Old 01-23-2006   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan
Bates turned down a 1 million dollar a year offer from Linehan's new team today. Not sure how to interpret this one. He's either serious about wanting more money than that, or he's already made a gentlemans agreement with the Texans. I hope it's the latter.
I read somewhere that he was more interested in the Texans job, but with so many stories flying about it could have been a rumor as well.
Old 01-23-2006   #11
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

Shannahan did play WR for Texas, he was the great white hope
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #12
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

From this mornings Chonicle:

Jim Bates will not be the defensive coordinator, and odds are against Kubiak succeeding in his plan to get Broncos offensive line coach Rick Dennison out of his contract. Kubiak and Dennison are close friends, but coach Mike Shanahan won't allow Dennison to leave.

The consolation may be that the Texans get Alex Gibbs, one of the greatest offensive line coaches in NFL history.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3607562.html
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #13
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see Gray or Singletary get the DC job. I still would like to see Mike Sherman get the OC job.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #14
Spoda
Veteran

i heard this morning on 610 that dennison will not be allowed out of his contract....but it was from skip to my fizzle...so ...take that for what it's worth
Old 01-24-2006   #15
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
From this mornings Chonicle:

Jim Bates will not be the defensive coordinator, and odds are against Kubiak succeeding in his plan to get Broncos offensive line coach Rick Dennison out of his contract. Kubiak and Dennison are close friends, but coach Mike Shanahan won't allow Dennison to leave.

The consolation may be that the Texans get Alex Gibbs, one of the greatest offensive line coaches in NFL history.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3607562.html
Until Jim Bates is signed elsewhere, there is always a chance in my opinion. I like Gray, but I like Bates alittle more. Plus, what head coach college job would he want to be at, not alot of Options out there.
Old 01-24-2006   #16
bdiddy
Veteran

According to John McClain neither Dennison (because Shanahan will not let him out of his contract), nor Bates are coming. He talked about trying to get Gibbs to come from the Falcons. Sounds like Kubiak is struggling to get the big name DC hirer.

A source close to the team tells me that Jerry Gray was not pleased with being brought in as a HC candidate only to hear that he is being considered for the DC position. Not sure he is still in the picture, either.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006   #17
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Gibbs won't be OC, but he may be the OL coach if they can't get Dennison out of Denver. I think this will have something to do with what happens with Heimerdinger in New York. I don't think Shanahan will stand in Dennison's way of getting a promotion. If Heimerdinger does not go to Denver, Dennison will be promoted to OC.
Old 01-24-2006   #18
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
Gibbs won't be OC, but he may be the OL coach if they can't get Dennison out of Denver. I think this will have something to do with what happens with Heimerdinger in New York. I don't think Shanahan will stand in Dennison's way of getting a promotion. If Heimerdinger does not go to Denver, Dennison will be promoted to OC.
Didn't think about that, but we still need a DC, a good one at that. I still think Gray would be willing to come here. Bates as well. As with every thing, money talks.
Old 01-24-2006   #19
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

The key may be to give Bates or Gray that Assistant Head Coach title to go along with the DC title. You have to pay a little better, but you don't want to bring in a bad guy. If Kubiak were a defensive guy he could go without a coordinator this year and make a run at someone next year, but there's no way to do that with his current background.
Old 01-24-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
The key may be to give Bates or Gray that Assistant Head Coach title to go along with the DC title. You have to pay a little better, but you don't want to bring in a bad guy. If Kubiak were a defensive guy he could go without a coordinator this year and make a run at someone next year, but there's no way to do that with his current background.
Ding, Ding, Ding, I think we have a winner. Both Grey and Bates have their noses out of joint at not being in the running for the HC job at their home teams and are probably POed at the world right now. Give them the Asst. HC title and some cash and they will likely be willing. Maybe not both of them, but one will/should be willing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read