Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak to coach Dallas Texans

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
I did not realize we were moving to Dallas. :(

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=sportsNews&storyID=2006-01-23T153414Z_01_RID355705_RTRUKOC_0_US-NFL-KUBIAK.xml&archived=False

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Denver Broncos offensive co-ordinator Gary Kubiak is to become the Dallas Texans's head coach, owner Bob McNair said.

"I look forward to getting Gary down here," McNair told a Houston news conference on Sunday after the Broncos lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the American Football Conference (AFC) playoffs in Denver.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
Kaiser Toro said:
I did not realize we were moving to Dallas. :(

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=sportsNews&storyID=2006-01-23T153414Z_01_RID355705_RTRUKOC_0_US-NFL-KUBIAK.xml&archived=False

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Denver Broncos offensive co-ordinator Gary Kubiak is to become the Dallas Texans's head coach, owner Bob McNair said.

"I look forward to getting Gary down here," McNair told a Houston news conference on Sunday after the Broncos lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the American Football Conference (AFC) playoffs in Denver.
That sucks, but atleast I'll see more games when they move to Dallas.

Think they'd play in Texas Stadium or the Cotton Bowl?

jerek

Pro Hobbyist
Damned Reuters English-major interns. What makes this funnier is that the word Houston appears about thirty-seven other times throughout the piece.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
It is a rumor, but Casserly was driving the move to Dallas in order to get other teams to think that we are not going to draft VY. Cass, ever the riverboat gambler and trying to get more leverage on the #1 just sold the city out to get an extra 4th rounder.:sarcasm:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Kaiser Toro said:
Great, ABC picked up the Reuters headline.
Great. It's got to be someone's idea of a cruel joke. It's not funny! :dontknowa

No respect, I tell ya', no respect!

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
And to think, alot of Americans base their personal opinions on societal problems and the way things are percieved strickly on what they read from these PROFESSIONALS...so sad.:brickwall

HJam72

Hall of Fame
How horrible would that be for Texas? The Dallas fans lose the Cowboys and then steal the Texans from Houston. Geez. :brickwall

axman40

Hall of Fame
Writing by Gene Cherry in Raleigh, North Carolina
Carolina had a bad day yesterday all the way around!
:stirpot:

WWJD

Hall of Fame
It was a mistake...albeit kind of a funny one in a really bad day for Carolina as one poster said.

Besides DB is just recovering from a serious illness. It would be cruel to make him relapse with the Texans being in Dallas....right DB? HA! :D

Hope you're well. You know I just have to razz you. The odds of the Texans moving to Dallas and the Cowboys leaving are about the same as Brad Pitt seeing me walk by and falling madly in love with me and leaving Angelina.

In other words ZERO!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
WWJD said:
It was a mistake...albeit kind of a funny one in a really bad day for Carolina as one poster said.

Besides DB is just recovering from a serious illness. It would be cruel to make him relapse with the Texans being in Dallas....right DB? HA! :D

Hope you're well. You know I just have to razz you. The odds of the Texans moving to Dallas and the Cowboys leaving are about the same as Brad Pitt seeing me walk by and falling madly in love with me and leaving Angelina.

In other words ZERO!
No doubt! :D I'd be back in the hospital in a jiffy if this news was true. Except this time it would be my heart!

Funny thing is that the Cowboys were supposed to be Houston's new NFL franchise back in the day. The NFL was planning on putting a team here to compete against Bud Adams' AFL team. But the admin at Rice University would not let the NFL use their stadium, so they gave the franchise to Dallas. And since Dallas already had an AFL team, which couldn't compete with the NFL, that team moved to Kansas City. Hence, the original Dallas Texans eventually became the Kansas City Chiefs! Crazy stuff. :)

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Well don't worry DB. I have a friend who knows a friend who has a cousin that Jerry thinks is cute. I could always let them know there would be seriously...wait critically ill...people in Houston if the Texans became the "Dallas Texans".

I sure wish I could catch Brad Pitt's attention though. That part of my post was a secret wish! HA!

One interesting thing I do know about the old Dallas Texans is they played the same time as the Cowboys so at one time Dallas did have 2 pro teams like NY does.

Be well.

SMIDDY said:
So is it true that we are changing to the Dallas Texans?
Wow, thats your first post? I pray there was some sarcasm in there....
on a side note, welcome to the board...
At least its not as bad a first post as the guy who said he would rather have carr throw a pick then take a sack, that was bad...