Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DPAR ratings: AJ-71 /Bradford-61

Wolf

100% Texan
Wide receivers are ranked according to DPAR, or Defense-adjusted Points Above Replacement. This number represents the total number of points scored due to plays where this WR caught the ball, compared to a replacement-level WR in the same game situations. DPAR (and its cousin, PAR, which isn't adjusted based on opponent) is further explained here.

The other statistic given is DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average WR in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance. DVOA (and its cousin, VOA, which isn't adjusted based on opponent) is further explained here.

DPAR and DVOA include all passes intended for the receiver, both complete and incomplete. Catch % represents the percentage of passes to this receiver completed. This is a reference to incomplete passes, not dropped passes: dropped passes are not specified in publicly available play-by-play, and unfortunately we cannot yet correct for this.

* We cannot yet fully separate the performance of a receiver from the performance of his quarterback. Be aware that one will affect the other.
* These statistics measure only passes thrown to a receiver, not performance on plays when he is not thrown the ball, such as blocking and drawing double teams.
* "Points scored due to plays" is based on a larger model of how yards are translated into points, and is not a measurement strictly of touchdown passes.
* All fumbles are considered equal, whether recovered by the offense or defense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

Bradford ranked 61 catch rate 52%
AJ ranked 71 catch rate 55%
Gaffney ranked 74 catch rate 61%

btw
Armstrong is at the bottom (not enough passes) catch rate 74%
Mathis catch rate 38%

:stirpot:

what I am wondering on this list is how many of the guys are the 2nd or 3rd option...
For example Reggie Wayne is high along with Stokley

now those guys aren't covered by the other teams #1 CB so I expect the catch % to go up.

Which is once again proof that the DPAR ratings are what comes out the back end of processing from puppy food.

I have NO idea what these ratings say about anyone. I've looked at the other posts and this post and frankly, they are nonesense IMO. This one really proves it, how on God's green earth could Bradford EVER be rated higher that AJ. These people must be part of the "Halley Bob" faction of sports analysis.

Back