Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Maybe we should have gotten Ken Whisenhunt

Taking a look at the Steelers offense today it's hard to imagine anyone beating them, let alone the pansy-butt Denver Broncos. I'm thinking we reopen the coach hunt and see if the Pittsburg OC Ken Whisenhunt will interview with us (as well as the Raiders and others).
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #2
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

if we hired him we'd be guaranteed at least one trick play per game
Old 01-22-2006   #3
Jack Bauer
All Pro

I'll take the number 5 ranked offense's coordinator any day over the number 16 ranked offense's coordinator.
Old 01-22-2006   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
if we hired him we'd be guaranteed at least one trick play per game
He doesn't refer to them as trick plays. Their gadget plays. Just playing man. The commentators had a little talk about that earlier. Whisenhunt refers to "trick plays" as "gadget plays."
Old 01-22-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks I'm happy with Kubes. The Steelers defense is the reason why the steelers are dominating this game. Denver can't keep the ball. They shut down the colts last week this week its the broncos.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #6
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
He doesn't refer to them as trick plays. Their gadget plays. Just playing man. The commentators had a little talk about that earlier. Whisenhunt refers to "trick plays" as "gadget plays."
yeah i heard that too
Old 01-22-2006   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Maybe we should just be patient instead of quick change of heart after one game.... and not just this game in particular.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2006   #8
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Maybe we should just be patient instead of quick change of heart after one game.... and not just this game in particular.
You are asking too much of many of the fans on this message board. :brickwall
Old 01-22-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
No thanks I'm happy with Kubes. The Steelers defense is the reason why the steelers are dominating this game. Denver can't keep the ball. They shut down the colts last week this week its the broncos.
I read somewhere that Billy C is is 6-1 versus the Colts .. and I thought the Patriots were there nemesis
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #10
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
This is for those who like to use the "just one game" defense of something (why we should not draft Vince Young, or, in this case, why Whisenhunt is worth a look over Kubiak):

the one game is the game that counts, it shows the best that that (coach, offense, defense, QB, whatever) can do at that particular time. It's clear, looking at the Pittsburg v Denver game, that the Denver scheme is not going to win any championships. The team was out-coached, out-schemed, out-played, and clueless throughout.

And we're excited to be getting their offensive coordinator? Please.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
This is for those who like to use the "just one game" defense of something (why we should not draft Vince Young, or, in this case, why Whisenhunt is worth a look over Kubiak):

the one game is the game that counts, it shows the best that that (coach, offense, defense, QB, whatever) can do at that particular time. It's clear, looking at the Pittsburg v Denver game, that the Denver scheme is not going to win any championships. The team was out-coached, out-schemed, out-played, and clueless throughout.

And we're excited to be getting their offensive coordinator? Please.
It has already won two. :brickwall
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #12
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Taking a look at the Steelers offense today it's hard to imagine anyone beating them, let alone the pansy-butt Denver Broncos. I'm thinking we reopen the coach hunt and see if the Pittsburg OC Ken Whisenhunt will interview with us (as well as the Raiders and others).
Yeah...maybe he will bring cowher and the pittsburgh defense with him. Oh and maybe he can bring Heinz Ward and Big Ben and Randel El and the best Offensive line. Maybe that had just a little to do with the victory today. [/sarcasm]

The Broncos were not out coached. They were out played today.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Yeah...maybe he will bring cowher and the pittsburgh defense with him. Oh and maybe he can bring Heinz Ward and Big Ben and Randel El and the best Offensive line. Maybe that had just a little to do with the victory today. [/sarcasm]

The Broncos were not out coached. They were out played today.
...and Jake Plummer having to make plays showed up. Outplayed is right.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

The what does that say about Norv Turner and Dave Wandstedt... they got some superbowl rings with Jimmy, yet never got them on their own..

Before I make judgement, I want to see the whole staff and what they can do with the talent we have.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #15
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
And
good post.

Pittsburgh scheme has won ZERO.

LOL

these forums are so full of bandwagoners.
Old 01-22-2006   #16
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Exactly, well keep Kubiak, thanks though!
Old 01-22-2006   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Can we go ahead and be on hold for the OC of whatever team wins the superbowl? Apparently, all other OC's lost at some point in 2005 and must suck.

Nighthawk, may have taken the counter-point to the extreme, but I feel we're improving off what we had with Kubiak and new coordinators coming here. Just like other things, when something is given too much time to overanalyze the situation, trying to find the sure thing, one may just find options are limited by the time a decision is made.... and even then - hard to say it's the sure thing.

Pitt just had a heck of a run in the playoffs to make it to Detroit - don't want to hold out too long on a possibility an OC will interview and miss out on other opportunities.

What happens if we do tell Kubiak, "hold on.. we want to talk with Wisenhunt after the super bowl."
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lord people. We cant change our choices whenever the wind blows. Kubiak will do just fine. And Whisenhunt has alot of good tools to use on offense. Ben Roe, Heins Ward, Antwan Randle El, Jerome Bettis, Marvel Smith, Alen Faneca, Kendall Simmons, and Heah Miller.

I feel Denver has less to work with on offense. Ashley Lelie, is your #2, and Jake Plummer, I have never thought was a good QB.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #19
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
What happens if we do tell Kubiak, "hold on.. we want to talk with Wisenhunt after the super bowl."
Al Davis anounces that Kubiak is the Raiders next head coach.
Old 01-22-2006   #20
bigtex77
Veteran

It's already been reported that McNair is holding a pc in an hour. I'm sure it is to make the announcement, or to open up talks again because nighthawk said so.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read