Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-22-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default What if

Reggie Bush blows a knee out?

I dont understand when or how our Running backs became our 1 weakness, but I see trading down to take one of the LT and getting 2 more picks. Why invest so much into one guy who does not carry the ball that much in college and if he gets injured what do we have? If we get some more picks and one of them goes down, we still have 2-3 players helping the team.

So, what if Reggie blows a knee? What then?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Playing the "what if" game with injuries pretty much goes nowhere. Any player can have a career-ending injury at any time. Even a LT (Boselli).

No, RB isn't our #1 weakness. Neither is LT.
Old 01-22-2006   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone can blow a knee.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Reggie Bush blows a knee out?

I dont understand when or how our Running backs became our 1 weakness, but I see trading down to take one of the LT and getting 2 more picks. Why invest so much into one guy who does not carry the ball that much in college and if he gets injured what do we have? If we get some more picks and one of them goes down, we still have 2-3 players helping the team.

So, what if Reggie blows a knee? What then?
Because that player was one of the most explosive players to ever play college football and you dont get this kind of chance every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Yet all of you missed the fact that we are throwing all our eggs into one basket on a guy who spilts carries in college. RB is not a concern, and Pitts is not a true LT.

Bush goes down, there it goes.

Trade that pick and say 1 of those draft picks goes down we still have 2-3 more producing for our team.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Just don't argue with the statement "What if he blows a knee?" "What if he's not durable enough?" yes, but don't try to get specific on your what ifs.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Yet all of you missed the fact that we are throwing all our eggs into one basket on a guy who spilts carries in college. RB is not a concern, and Pitts is not a true LT.

Bush goes down, there it goes.

Trade that pick and say 1 of those draft picks goes down we still have 2-3 more producing for our team.
You could say that about every draft no matter what pick we have. It doesnt even matter if its the first round we could trade our second round pick for a fourth, fifth, and sixth round pick. Does that sound like a good deal to you.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2006   #8
CITY CAT
Veteran

What if the NFL isn't real and it is rigged? Come on, Bush hasn't got hurt and is a good conditioning athlete. Relax Golden Eagle
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

What if DD didnt get hurt for one full season.

Then RB wouldnt be a need.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2006   #10
Joeymousepad
Rookie

I think we should all just dismiss Goldeagle's concerns, as they are depressing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read