Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2006   #1
jayj0225
Rookie

Default SA Express article on Kubes

Nice Article
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...k.2cd1a58.html
jayj0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Thanks for the link.

I think we're all ready for a Steelers upset today.

It'll be odd to have a coach who isn't so accessible. I liked that Dom Capers always talked to the media. Of course, I'm not sure if it was better for him to be silent or to utter dreaded phrases like "we just didn't execute" or "our plan was to keep it close into the 4th quarter and then find a way to come away with the win".
Old 01-22-2006   #3
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj0225
Good job.

I now live in San Antonio and have been quite impressed with Buck Harvey. He is a far superior writer than John McClain.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I've been saying for a while that I thinkn tha tKubiak is the second coming of Belichick. JMO though.
Old 01-22-2006   #5
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Thanks for the link.

I think we're all ready for a Steelers upset today.

It'll be odd to have a coach who isn't so accessible. I liked that Dom Capers always talked to the media. Of course, I'm not sure if it was better for him to be silent or to utter dreaded phrases like "we just didn't execute" or "our plan was to keep it close into the 4th quarter and then find a way to come away with the win".
yeah i coulda done without the endless coachspeak from capers
Old 01-22-2006   #6
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

So long as this team becomes a winner, I don't care if he wants to discuss the game the next day.
Old 01-22-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Good job.

I now live in San Antonio and have been quite impressed with Buck Harvey. He is a far superior writer than John McClain.
I used to live in SA and I'd have to second that - I've never considered it before. He's a decent writer for a relatively small market.
Old 01-22-2006   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I've been saying for a while that I thinkn that Kubiak is the second coming of Belichick. JMO though.
I've been saying for a while now, how amazed I am about how good a head coach he is, and he hasn't even had one game under his belt yet.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #9
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I used to live in SA and I'd have to second that - I've never considered it before. He's a decent writer for a relatively small market.
He used to write for the Dallas Morning-News, but wanted to come back to his home town so he now writes exclusively for the SA Express-News.

As a whole the SA paper has a very good sports section for its market size.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong....I like VY and his ability to win the big games. And Bush is talented enough to improve any sagging offense. I'd just wish that we would trade down and....

Oh, sorry. Knee-jerk reaction.

(...need...help. Must....find..a.......cure.....)
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read