Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-21-2006   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default East-West Shrine Game Commentary

Thought I'd start one for people who want to log observations on the game. Starting now on the deuce.
'
Granted, this is Day 2 NFL draft talent but there's some good talent out there.

Well, the West defense sux...

...no wonder -- it's Coach Fran

Last edited by aj.; 01-21-2006 at 06:16 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #2
Mario Williams
Rookie

What channel?
Old 01-21-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN 2, aka 'the deuce.'

Reggie McNeal starting for the West.

Big Auburn TE Cooper Wallace - nice catch and long run early

Last edited by aj.; 01-21-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2006   #4
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

do you know of anywhere i can get a box score or game updates on the web?

hows McNeal doing?
Old 01-21-2006   #5
T_Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan

hows McNeal doing?
Very strong game so far...even though he was lucky his touchdown didn't go the other way. Made a lot of plays with his feet, of course.
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan

hows McNeal doing?
threw for a touchdown and i stopped watching. He could be a Day 1 WR, but would not be too high on draft boards as a QB.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Kind of a sloppy game as you might expect. No defense to speak of. I think this is one of those games where they limit what you can do on D.

Torry Henderson from Tech is playing well

David Thomas from UT on the TD grab from Drew Olson. He hasn't cooled down a bit.

Interesting discussion about the NFL ball vs, the college ball - NFL ball being slightly longer and narrower -- in the context of why Olson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn until that TD

Last edited by aj.; 01-21-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2006   #8
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

i see McNeal as a player who can eventually play quarterback in this league, i really do. give him two years and a chance to compete for a job.
Old 01-21-2006   #9
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

TD David Thomas
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

what happened to drew olson? I thought he was considered a first rounder, but now he's a day two pick?
Old 01-21-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

commentators said thomas projects into the nfl as an h-back?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
commentators said thomas projects into the nfl as an h-back?
maybe like Minny's Jim 'Joe Millionaire' Kleinsasser
Old 01-21-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Leon Washington - speed to burn ...listed at 5'9" 205

Greg Jennings WR, Western Mich. great leaping catch over the defender. He looked a lot taller than 5'11" on that play

I see what's going on with the defense now. They just showed the rules, No blitzes or stunts, man-free or 3 deep zone only, and the 5 yard chuck rule which none of these guys are used to...

Anyone heard of Marques Colston before that TD? I didn't think so.

I keep waiting for Dwayne Slay to slay someone but I haven't seen him...

Last edited by aj.; 01-21-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2006   #14
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The RB got down before Slay was gonna lay him out. Smart RB. heh
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #15
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
The RB got down before Slay was gonna lay him out. Smart RB. heh
Lol, as soon as he caught that screen and started running I told my friend Slay was gonna kill him.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #16
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Tommy Jackson from Auburn is impressive at DT

Henderson looks STRONG...so much for questions about him operating in a convential offense.

Tim Day looks like a strong TE, but I hear nagging injuries are a concern for him.
Old 01-21-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

McShay's mock has Cutler going to Detroit. Interesting.
Old 01-21-2006   #18
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Be a good fit...scary actually, a good QB with those WRs.

Cutler is a badass
Old 01-21-2006   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Nice lock-on by Pinegar. Must be something in the water in Fresno.

Vickiel Vaughn S Arkansas, made his presence known on a big time sideline hit.

Last edited by aj.; 01-21-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2006   #20
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Nice lock-on by Pinegar. Must be something in the water in Fresno.
jeezus, can't avoid Texans hating anywhere on this board.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read