Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-20-2006   #1
uteric3232
Rookie

Default Weird Trade Option I Ran Across....

I saw this on another message board, kind of interesting. Take Bush #1, and then trade David Carr and a draft pick to the Titans for the #3 pick. Then you could possibly have Bush and Young in the same backfield. Now I have no clue about salary cap or any other situations which might make this impossible, but that could be scary in 3 years, Bush and Young doing their think for the Texans.

While this seems like it could be great, I dont think I would want to see it. I would like to see some wins, and soon. I would hate to start all over with a new QB and a new RB. This would never happen, but thats what message boards are good for, dreams. Young & Bush
uteric3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #2
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

yeah i was kicking this idea around on an astros message board not too long ago. i think the jets also might bite at #4 in case the saints dont take it.
Old 01-20-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

That would create some serious cap problems for us, and I don't want to wait around for 3 years for Vince to become a good QB, if nothing else I think getting Bush and then fixing up the rest of the offense around David Carr would be scary by the end of next season.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #4
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

that would never happen. No team would trade us their 1st for Carr. He hasn't proved anything.
Old 01-20-2006   #5
Johnny Utah
All Pro

If we were to trade Carr and Andre Johnson we MAY be able to get the Titans 3rd pick in the draft.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #6
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I don't want to wait around for 3 years for Vince to become a good QB,
I say two years for Vince, never happen for Carr.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

This talk of trading Carr, now Andre Johnson, and now the talk of trying to get Bush and Young is just...nevermind....
Old 01-21-2006   #8
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

heres an unlikely scenario, but one i wouldnt mind see play out.

everyone says we trade down with the jets. ok - done. could we trade down again to 6 maybe and get some extra picks (2nd - 3rd this year or next)? i doubt the packers or jets would be eyeing d'brick (assuming thats who our eyes are on)
Old 01-21-2006   #9
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

its tough to say who'll take what until after the combine, to be honest
Old 01-21-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
This talk of trading Carr, now Andre Johnson, and now the talk of trying to get Bush and Young is just...nevermind....
Just merely stating what it would take to get the #3 pick in the draft, not saying that I would do it.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #11
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

why would we trade Andre? Are we aiming to become total crap?
Old 01-21-2006   #12
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteric3232
I saw this on another message board, kind of interesting. Take Bush #1, and then trade David Carr and a draft pick to the Titans for the #3 pick. Then you could possibly have Bush and Young in the same backfield. Now I have no clue about salary cap or any other situations which might make this impossible, but that could be scary in 3 years, Bush and Young doing their think for the Texans.

While this seems like it could be great, I dont think I would want to see it. I would like to see some wins, and soon. I would hate to start all over with a new QB and a new RB. This would never happen, but thats what message boards are good for, dreams. Young & Bush
If they were looking that way. I think the Titans might if they got Carr and the #1 next year. That would save the cap on a #1 next year, since we wouldn't have one. Might even require throwing in a late rnd pick this year. (Open Mind)
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

"you're really weird" Charlie & the choclate factory-
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Just merely stating what it would take to get the #3 pick in the draft, not saying that I would do it.
My point was we would more than likely not get the #3 pick for AJ and Carr. Neither was spectacular last season and both are getting paid big bucks.
Old 01-22-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteric3232
Then you could possibly have Bush and Young in the same backfield. Now I have no clue about salary cap or any other situations (....)
I'm just guessing also, but I imagine you're looking at north of 90 million for the pair. I wonder how much Furgeson or Hawk's gonna bring ? Long way till April.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read