Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-19-2006   #1
NFLTexans2002
Rookie

Smile Arizona Cardinals New Crib! (Stadium)

Hi, all Houston Texans fans! The Arizona Cardinals defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 27-21 on December 24 in their last home game they will play at Sun Devil Stadium at the Arizona State University campus in Tempe. Next season, starting in August 2006, the Cardinals will move across Metro Phoenix area to play in a new, intruguing, air-conditioned retractable roof domed stadium currently under construction at Glendale in the West Valley, thanks to the local Arizona voters passing Proposition 303 back in November 2002.

A roll-in natural grass field, and a "river-raft" exterior will provide a desert home the Cardinals can finally call their own. This new facility will also start hosting the Fiesta Bowl BCS Championship football game beginning in January 2007, the NCAA College Basketball Final Four in 2009, and the NFL showcase Super Bowl XLII in 2008.

This new facility is located right next door to the present Glendale Arena, home of the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes, and the Arizona Sting of the National Lacrosse League. Glendale Arena will also host the NHL All-Star Game in 2007.

This area in Glendale off the Loop 101 freeway is part of the Westgate development project. Besides the new stadium and the Glendale Arena, entertainment, business, and residential condominium facilities will also be constucted and completed within five years. Corporate naming rights still haven't been announced and secured for the new Cardinals stadium at this time.

Here are several links of the Cardinal new stadium being built on time and on budget. A unique feature is their ticket prices to the end zone seats at the roll-out end. Cardinal season tickets in those sections may be as low a $100 a season and/or $10 per home game. Enjoy!

http://www.az-tsa.com/cardinals/index.html

http://www.az-tsa.com/cardinals/stadiumfacts.html

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/arizona_cardinals

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/news.html

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/quickfacts.html

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/design.html

Last edited by NFLTexans2002; 01-19-2006 at 09:26 PM.
NFLTexans2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #2
Jack Bauer
All Pro

I just don't think I will like an endzone with NO fans around. Seems weird to me. As far as season tickets in that area go, is that the platform area right above the big emptiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerHoustonOilersFan
NFL showcase Super Bowl XL in 2008
BTW, the stadium will host Super Bowl XLII, not XL (this year).
Old 01-19-2006   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's beautiful! Good for them.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We play there in 2009.
Old 01-19-2006   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Copycats I tell ya!

I can't wait until they have "roof open, roof closed" controveries.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like real reasonable ticket prices.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #7
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I think it's beautiful! Good for them.
I do like the stadium other than the one endzone...
Old 01-19-2006   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice looking stadium.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I saw all 3 Cardinals fans in the pictures, it was cool of them to let the fans come in.
Old 01-19-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice stadium! Has a familiar feel to it, though...
Old 01-19-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I like how they are doing their turf
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #12
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Nevermind. misread.
Old 01-20-2006   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
I saw all 3 Cardinals fans in the pictures, it was cool of them to let the fans come in.
ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #14
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Thats a good looking stadium.
Old 01-20-2006   #15
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

It'll be a good place for the 70,000 Cowboy fans to come watch Dallas play when their in town.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #16
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for them!!! Finally something positive for the Arizona Cardinals. Is a Superbowl too far off?

By the way, did anyone else know that there was a National Lacrosse League?

Old 01-20-2006   #17
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like it at all. An entire endzone w/no fans? The exterior looks odd to me...kinda like the spaceship in Chicago.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
It'll be a good place for the 70,000 Cowboy fans to come watch Dallas play when their in town.
I wonder if Cowboy mania will slowly dwindle there since they play there on the average once every 4 years (guaranteed every 6 years) instead of once a year. I'm sure a bit of success could help with that too.
Old 01-23-2006   #19
Prindel

Exclamation

The new Cardinals stadium is very versatile. There will be 10,000 additional seats that they can add, which will put the attendance to 73,000 plus. Right now, they say it's for special events but that could very well change in the near future when the stadium gets closer to opening. The stadium may look weird to people on the outside and I can understand that, but from all reports from people who have toured the stadium (certain media), the stadium is everything it's hyped up to be and more. I guess we'll all find out in August of this year. That being said, I think Reliant Stadium is incredible and no doubt the top NFL stadium out there right now. I look forward to attending a game there someday. If you guys want to see a review of our stadium, check out "www.thesportsroadtrip.com" in November. These guys will be visiting then and seem to give accurate, unbiased reviews.

Last edited by Prindel; 01-23-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2006   #20
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Its a pretty cool stadium, but it kinda looks like a created stadium in madden 06.

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read